• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Alcohol and NF's.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I almost never drink. I never had alcohol before my 30's. I will drink it occasionally and have had one hangover that I minimized by drinking a lot of water, but it was still surprisingly unpleasant. I won't be repeating that. I've never had a drink in a social group setting, but sometimes with dinner.

The social pressure to drink makes me less likely to do it. I tend towards an opposite reaction to peer pressure.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I love the stuff.

However, I will add that I do not drink all that often, maybe a half dozen times a year. I don't drink alone and don't have to drink to have a good time.

But I do like to drink occasionally. I like the way it makes me feel all tingly and just a bit dizzy -- in a good way. And yes, I do use it to make it easier for me to socialize. I'm pretty introverted, but after a few drinks, I am very outgoing and friendly. I love everyone. I can see Fidelia's point that using it that way could prevent me from developing as a person, but I like being introverted most of the time. I really don't want to be a full-time extrovert, but it's nice to be able to try it on occasionally.

What I don't like is dealing with those who are angry or belligerent drunks. I also obviously do not like the effects of alcoholism. Fortunately, neither of those are an issue for me. If they were, I'd have a very different attitude toward alcohol.

G

Glycerine

I usually hate the taste of it. I just drank a few times to see what it was like and I usually force it down. I purposefully drank a couple of times just to see what i was like drunk. Both times i kept saying over and over that i did not feel drunk and then passed out. So it's pretty boring and does nothing for me. Energy drinks and a lack of sleep has more of an effect on me than alcohol. haha

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Apparently I'm more enjoyable when I'm drunk, not sure why. Never been aquainted with the toilet bowl, apparently this pisses most people off. Never woke up with a hang over either, apparently this pisses most people off too...

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Two drinks and I'm done. That's enough to relax me a little, and that's all I want. I can usually feel that the next day, too, with a tinge of hangover.

I really don't like to be around drunk people.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Apparently I'm more enjoyable when I'm drunk, not sure why. Never been aquainted with the toilet bowl, apparently this pisses most people off. Never woke up with a hang over either, apparently this pisses most people off too...

you will one day trust me, one day you will find your limit.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like it in moderation. Getting drunk is not a goal.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you will one day trust me, one day you will find your limit.

I don't know if I want to spend the money on more than 15 drinks and usually by then I want my nap...

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
meh I'd rather have a good cooked meal than some alcohol. I don't like anything that alters me from my sober mind really.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't think in terms of alcoholic VS non-alcoholic so much as in terms of tasty VS non-tasty.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
red/white? sweet/dry?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't like the taste of alcohol, so I don't usually drink :)

Have trouble also with drunk people. Maybe it's coz I don't realize they're drunk as I don't get drunk myself and cannot relate. But since they start behaving often very different they feel 'fake' to me, they don't respond the way they're supposed to. I especially find this to be the case with people I know well. And I'm afraid I really really don't like the feeling it gives me, so I prefer to stay away then.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
dry, red. maybe a nice riesling every now and then.

Sounds like you have similar tastes to someone else who posted on this board. I wonder where she's hiding...

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
are you insinuating something or are you just bored?

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wow, I had no idea my fellow NFs were such teetotalers!

I really enjoy drinking and like to go out with a big group of friends two or three times a month. I like how it makes me more extraverted, and I also like how drunkenness encourages a sense of comraderie (lots of 'I love you, man's).

Sometimes I feel like a total dumbass the next day though and worry what kind of trouble my big drunken mouth got me into. (I'm pretty sure I'm an ENFJ when drunk -- they put their foot in their mouth a lot, right?)

secondhandsight

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
I can appreciate it as a social lubricant
but am inclined toward teetotalism. When
the going gets tough it certainly looks
more attractive, probably on account of
the negative-ESTP attention to sensory
pleasures.