User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I like alcohol, but I can live without it. I've only overindulged a few times (had a bad hangover only once in my life) and didn't really enjoy it. I don't understand why so many people of my acquaintance seem to be unable to enjoy themselves without alcohol - preferably as much as possible. These people's status updates on Facebook almost inevitably involve alcohol. I'm fairly sure I know quite a lot of social alcoholics. I just think there are ways to enjoy yourself which are a lot more interesting and involve a lot fewer pitfalls in terms of health, impact on your relationships with others, etc.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I like to have a glass or two of wine or a good beer once in a while, but I don't like to get drunk. Of course, I've been drunk before, and it's not something I seek to do in the future. Everything in moderation.

People who drink a lot give me the creeps. I have a really strong opinion about it being every bit as harmful (sometimes more harmful) than illegal drugs.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

When I was in my first few years of college - age 18-20 - I drank quite a lot. But I was also trying to be someone I wasn't, as I had had such a miserable social experience as a teenager. Once in college alcohol was my means to drown myself out and ease the anxiety and try to fit in with a group of people I wouldn't really be able to fit in with otherwise. Actually I had a lot of fun those years, so I don't really look at it all that unfavorably (just learning more about myself I guess), but eventually I realized what I was doing, and now I make sure that I only drink when I'm fully comfortable with the people I'm with.

I really assess my motivation prior to drinking these days. On average I probably have one drink a week - two at the most. I do enjoy a glass of wine now and then.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP

I really enjoy alcohol. I go through phases of drinking a lot (a couple of drinks on most days + getting drunk at least once a week) and I go through phases of not even remembering that alcohol exists. I enjoy getting buzzed/tipsy and I also enjoy being drunk. I've never had a problem with drinking till I black out/get sick/lose control; as I believe Unique said in the SP version of this thread, getting drunk without crossing the line is where it's at.

I would never pressure anyone to drink, though, and I completely respect those who abstain. I don't think alcohol is necessary for a good time, and have no problem enjoying life sober. When I'm out with people who don't drink/drink moderately, I follow suit. Drunk people are probably only interesting to other drunk people, although I agree with the_state_i_am_in that drinking does not necessarily = people acting like assholes/idiots. AFAIK, alcohol has very little effect on my personality. I laugh easier and am slightly more talkative, but that's it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't drink. I ate some candy that had alcohol in it once, though.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I used to be completely against alcohol...

...then I actually tried it. I haven't thrown up from alcohol because I don't like getting blind drunk, just enough to brush away that nasty ego of mine. :p

violaine

Physically, I don't handle overindulgence well which is the reason why I could easily do without alcohol. I never drink for the effect. If I do drink, two is my limit. I only drink if I am socializing. I like a good glass of red if I am having a nice steak. I like going out for cocktails to cute, little places but that is more about the destination than the drinking. And I like having half a beer if I am watching a band.

Basically, I don't ever like to feel unwell and that is how drinking regularly would make me feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I don't drink. I ate some candy that had alcohol in it once, though.
    These are great at the holidays. Makes my family ever so much more tolerable.

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

iwalker: that's what my family says about myself and my father... LOL
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infp

I'm getting bored of it... I'm turning 18 soon and I started when I was 16. I drink maybe once a month. It was fun the first like ten times but it isn't really much fun any more. It isn't boring and I still do it, it just isn't nearly as fun as when it was still a novelty. I don't really act or think much differently and I just feel slightly duller. Maybe just a little less inhibited, but I'm already fairly uninhibited, so its hard to tell the difference.