User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    IXFP
    Enneagram

I dont like the taste, so I dont touch it. But maybe if I ever want to party I might drink to get a buzz, thats it.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I like it in moderation. Getting drunk is not a goal.
    I follow her stance +1.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    Wow, I had no idea my fellow NFs were such teetotalers!

I really enjoy drinking and like to go out with a big group of friends two or three times a month. I like how it makes me more extraverted, and I also like how drunkenness encourages a sense of comraderie (lots of 'I love you, man's).

Sometimes I feel like a total dumbass the next day though and worry what kind of trouble my big drunken mouth got me into. (I'm pretty sure I'm an ENFJ when drunk -- they put their foot in their mouth a lot, right?)
    Strange, I never get into trouble, I just get more playful in word and action. ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i drink & enjoy it.. disappointed by the lack of drinking in this thread!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i like drinks too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram

I enjoy the taste of alcohol, but being drunk was never my personal idea of a good night.

MBTI
    ENFj

Well I drink quite often, almost every weekend to be exact. I personally don't really like to get wasted, I drink to get a buzzed. Sometimes I feel really relaxed and then there are also times that it makes me anxious, but for the most part I say that it just leaves feeling a lot more secure and I will literally talk about anything and to anyone. Funny thing is that even when I am really drunk I never lose self control, I know everything that I am doing, saying and I remember everything from the night before although I would never dare drive like that. I never really understood why some people change so much when they are drunk.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i didn't drink until i was 22. it's kind of nice to see other infjs embody the same opinions as me, when, at the time, it seemed like i was socially insane.

i drink wine, beer, and whiskey a few times a week. i have a lower threshhold of desired drunkenness than say my entp friends, but an occasional drunk can do one some good. it's like a hard reboot. sometimes it's the most effective and easy way of getting the clutter out and starting fresh. it doesn't solve your problems or address them, but it provides a temporary relief at times. life needs this, especially when we do it together as a social ritual to blow off some steam and admit we don't know or have all the answers or are able to fix all the broken pieces in our lives.

plus it helps dull an overly sensitive sharp biting edge that i can sometimes take on. i am a much better person, socially speaking, when i take the edge off every now and then. i lose some of my rigid inflexible idealism and have a much easier time going with it, getting in the moment, etc. often i get gushy like an enfp and all that matters is a good meal and everything is rosy cheeked and merry and bright. hell- i have enough idealism to spare some time for some friendliness, every now and again, and the ability to assert myself as is more freely is very helpful, fosters openness and expressiveness which is unquestionably good (if you want to actually connect with anything, extravert, meet the world and the people in it halfway).

just bc most of the people you see drunk and saturday night staggering are people who don't share your values, or are painfully un-N, or are downright terrible drunken assholes on a streetcorner doesn't really mean that alcohol is to blame. the use and abuse of alcohol in life is a question that is rooted in many other social and psychological issues.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Well I drink quite often, almost every weekend to be exact. I personally don't really like to get wasted, I drink to get a buzzed. Sometimes I feel really relaxed and then there are also times that it makes me anxious, but for the most part I say that it just leaves feeling a lot more secure and I will literally talk about anything and to anyone. Funny thing is that even when I am really drunk I never lose self control, I know everything that I am doing, saying and I remember everything from the night before although I would never dare drive like that. I never really understood why some people change so much when they are drunk.
    +1.

i think they have a lot of shit they have just repressed and haven't dealt with that starts coming to the surface. whereas i feel like i have more lightness and openness and gushiness and assertiveness that comes to the surface. i am a kind and caring and generous and enthusiastic person, even if at times i don't look like it on the outside. also, a lot of ideas that come to the surface, that get shared that normally wouldn't, etc.

i feel like many chemicals force your brain to operate in a different way, and this can spark using your cognitive functions differently, balancing them differently, etc. make it easier to access tertiary or inferior or even auxilary.

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by mwv6r View Post
    Sometimes I feel like a total dumbass the next day though and worry what kind of trouble my big drunken mouth got me into. (I'm pretty sure I'm an ENFJ when drunk -- they put their foot in their mouth a lot, right?)
    I am offended by this. How dare you say "a lot" rather than "all the time."
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."