123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default Where to find INFPs

In another thread, it was asked where one could come across INFPs. So, besides the internet, where are these romantic yet elusive creatures hiding?

I went through some threads on INFPgc and one here and came up with some answers. Posters mentioned specific places where they could be found somewhat frequently, or suggestions of where to find other INFPs.

In total, there were answers from only approx. 45 individuals, and a lot of it is predictable, but I thought it would give an idea of where INFPs are likely to be found. There's definitely patterns of books, art, music, causes, and quiet places to reflect.

Answers:

14 Library
    11 Bookstores
    10 Coffee Shops/Cafes
    9 Walking Alone (observing things like flowers & buildings, when its raining)
    8 Parks (alone on bench, with a book, people watching, cloudy days when no one is out)
    8 Concerts/Gigs (esp alone)
    8 Home (alone with blinds down, hiding in room alone playing music, alone reading, etc)

7 School/Class (esp. art, philosophy, psychology, religion, language, literature)
    6 Discussion Groups or Seminars (ie. books, philosophy, politics)
    6 Parties (people watching, being reserved, enjoying music, or dancing)

5 Places For People Watching
    5 Museums (esp alone, and esp art)

4 Volunteering
    4 Grocery Store/Market
    4 Record Store
    4 Art Exhibitions
    4 Spiritual Groups/Centers/ Church

3 Playing Sports / Physical Activity (esp rock climbing)
    3 Nature / Outdoors (vague)
    3 College Marching Band / Orchestra / Choir
    3 Work
    3 Activist Groups (ie. environmentalism)
    3 Yoga Class
    3 Swimming (esp. somewhere ďnot crowded)
    3 Restaurants (esp locally owned, not trendy chain)
    3 Health & Organic Food Stores
    3 Movies
    3 Gym
    3 Where Other People Are Not Around (vague)

2 Small Dive Bars/Clubs/Pubs (esp. with music)
    2 Renaissance Fair / Sca Tavern
    2 Playing Music (especially guitar, in a quiet place alone - vague)
    2 Gardens
    2 Downtown / City Areas
    2 Danceclub / Bar with Friend
    2 Anime Conventions/Clubs
    2 Walking Dog
    2 The Beach
    2 Indie Films
    2 Farmerís Markets
    2 Dance Lessons (esp swing dancing)

1 mention of each: Vocal / Singing Lessons, Traveling, Poetry Readings, Plays / Musicals, Playing With Their Band, Nanowrimo Write-Ins, Meditating, Lake, Jogging, Hiking , Furniture Stores/ Design Exhibitions, Friendís House, Festivals, and Camping.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

You know you want us, now come find us!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm right here! On the computer in my dad's apartment!
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Right, time to visit a library!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

OA, thanks for taking the time to compile this list. I was hoping to incite some interesting ENFJ feedback, given how riled up some of them got about us INFP's over in the ENFJ+INFP thread. However, that hasn't happened yet. I apologize if you wrote this in all seriousness and my comment seemed flirty and unserious. Perhaps some ENFJ's will justify my intentions yet!

MBTI
    INFP

The ones that jumped out at me were at the park, walking and at the library, but maybe I'm not an INFP so much as a cheap bastard.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Right, time to visit a library!
    This is such a popular destination that in one thread INFPs were inventing scenarios of how they could meet someone in a library. "You both reach for the same book at the same time, brush hands, etc."

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    OA, thanks for taking the time to compile this list. I was hoping to incite some interesting ENFJ feedback, given how riled up some of them got about us INFP's over in the ENFJ+INFP thread. However, that hasn't happened yet. I apologize if you wrote this in all seriousness and my comment seemed flirty and unserious. Perhaps some ENFJ's will justify my intentions yet!
    No need to apologize. The list is a bit funny anyway....cements some stereotypes, but I also think it explains why we can be hard to track down for others.

Oh yeah, and nearly all of those places could have "with a book" added to the end. Some posters were like "in the park with a book, in the cafe with a book, by a lake with a book". So many others were doing everything alone...."At concerts, alone. Walking in nature, alone. Going to museums, alone."
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This is such a popular destination that in one thread INFPs were inventing scenarios of how they could meet someone in a library. "You both reach for the same book at the same time, brush hands, etc."

No need to apologize. The list is a bit funny anyway....cements some stereotypes, but I also think it explains why we can be hard to track down for others.

Oh yeah, and nearly all of those places could have "with a book" added to the end. Some posters were like "in the park with a book, in the cafe with a book, by a lake with a book". So many others were doing everything alone...."At concerts, alone. Walking in nature, alone. Going to museums, alone."
    Yes, I remember reading these things while they were developing on the other forum. Remind me, were there any significant differences between the where to find male infps and where to find female infps threads over there? I don't seem to remember any...

MBTI
    INTP

I have added this new data to my stalkINFP.txt file. OrangeAppled, you seem very much like an INTP, do you like statistics?

Bet you can also find them at cultural events and craft faires.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh, here's an uber-stereotypical statement from an INFP, prep yourselves:

"I don't need to go to the library because I already own so many of those books at home! But I'll go anyways." Like that?