User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Question NFP I or E How do you determine the difference?

Hi everyone,

I Have been trying really hard to find my type and i have determined I at least have NFP. Been looking over Interactions styles and some descriptions in the "intro to sixteen types"/sixteen personality types.

Just trying to narrow down between ENFP and INFP.
    Apparently there is alot of confusion involving E or I when it comes to NFP.

I'm looking at BtS and GtG for INFP and ENFP.
    Came across in the book here "For example, a Get-Things-Going co-worker drops hints to be included in meetings. This negative side of a Behind-The-Scenes style backfires because others perceive it as manipulative."

Then to the side there's a chart that states for GtG.
    " Core drive: To involve and be involved
    To move things forward.

Stressors:
    Not being a part of what's going on.
    Feel unliked or not accepted. *this stood out*

When stressed:
    Feel Scattered and panicky
    Are overly expressive
    Use selective avoidance.

Do notice a tendency to take on a BtSness if you will i'm feeling
    "not a part of what's going on or feeling unliked/accepted."
    Worked on this cause i realized I don't like it when my mother does it too me *seems manipulative* so I wanted to work on it.

Well I notice I have been having the most hardest time with type.
    Also been thinking alot about E versus I and what they mean.
    When i look at the two It seems according to descriptions that i have found are pointing me towards E.
    "Prefer bright colors, loud music, and excitement
    Need a lot going on in the outer world
    Prefer quicker, less accurate approach *this has been my problem*
    Talk more and tend to take action with less reflection. * see that here with my jumping to pick a type.*

Big thing that stands out is whenever i'm needing to have motivation, it definitely helps to have external approval that i can/don't give up/ just keep trying etc. I would kinda seek it in a quiet way but never in obnoxious way.
    It really was and is hard to internally motivate myself. Always have to have some external circumstance that moves me to movement or action.

I also remember before some stuff I would go out of my way to be out and about and when i'd get home I wouldn't feel drained. Actually rather pumped.
    I got back from a dance party recently and i was so happy/ peppy you name it. I was sharing my experience with my mom how I danced this dance, then this one. I even sang to demonstrate *i was not intoxicated *

Thing is lately since "some life events" I went inside abit and been under some stress/sadness. Well I just remember thinking after the "dance" how It's been such along time since i felt that good from a get together since HS.
    I have been trying to get back to that zone.

But
    I'm also hugely Introverted too.
    I actually like my alone time.
    Really that's just increased since these "events".

Well I hope this is in the right area for my question since i mention Interaction styles.

Thanks all.
    NF hug .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

Glycerine

Do you feel like you come alive when you have solitude or when you are with people?
    Winona Ryder/Johnny Depp (INFP) vs. Will Smith/Robin Williams (ENFP)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Do you feel like you come alive when you have solitude or when you are with people?
    Winona Ryder/Johnny Depp (INFP) vs. Will Smith/Robin Williams (ENFP)
    Hmmm...When i think about how i felt when i came back from the dance
    I felt so much more alive then being alone makes me feel. Like I got back in touch with apart of myself that has been neglected and I felt so good after that when i got home. I was not drained...actually pretty damn peppy and talkative. I felt revived like when the surgeons on the tv shows save someone's life when they have flatlined. That "dance" brought me back to "me".

Though being alone is nice too. But I do notice all my cares float away and I feel free/childlike when i'm with my friends just dancing/joking around. I miss that innocence and playfulness .

Thank you IDK123;712345
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sorry to lose ya, Simpson.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    Hmmm...When i think about how i felt when i came back from the dance
    I felt so much more alive then being alone makes me feel. Like I got back in touch with apart of myself that has been neglected and I felt so good after that when i got home. I was not drained...actually pretty damn peppy and talkative. I felt revived like when the surgeons on the save someone's life when they have flatlined. That "dance" brought me back to "me".

Though being alone is nice too. But I do notice all my cares float away and I feel free/childlike when i'm with my friends just dancing/joking around. I miss that innocence and playfulness .

Thank you IDK123;712345
    Sounds more ENFP. ENFPs are supposedly one of the most introverted extroverts... they like time alone to process their thoughts. INFPs are generally very private individuals and they tend to get drained by a lot of social interaction, IME.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Wink

huh? Simpson heh.

Oh I can't hold back you SP's rule and of course the "jeffster".
    Come here....Hug time.
    SP-NF Hug *glomps jeffster who is studying ever so diligently . I know what your studying hehe .*

I loved my time on the SP side I'm actually feeling kinda sad cause
    aw shucks...I love you guys xD. I can stop by anytime right? .
    What is Feeling?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    Sounds more ENFP. ENFPs are supposedly one of the most introverted extroverts... they like time alone to process their thoughts. INFPs are generally very private individuals and they tend to get drained by a lot of social interaction, IME.
    Seems to make sense. *contemplating throwing an E in*
    I can see being Ne dominant too which i think has been my downfall on this forum(life decision making too) with picking a type. I can see how i developed Fi in my teens and still am harnessing it. From what i read on Fi exercises it just doesn't seem dominant. Ne i could see that. Even in careers I have looked at so many careers *sighs to self* i'm learning to "just pick one gosh darn you" hehe.
    What is Feeling?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

5 emoticon sig = ENFP.

Posted something here the other day about IvE that may be relevant. But yeah, sig says ENFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    5 emoticon sig = ENFP.

Posted something here the other day about IvE that may be relevant. But yeah, sig says ENFP.
    xD I love me some Emoticons indeed. There so fun to insert to get the right idea across.
    Hey Trinity,
    Thanks for the link to the post. I found it really insightful and actually clarifying all the more that I definitely Prefer Extraversion.

The only time i would "ever" feel drained is if this person is really negative/cynical/bitter/resentful to the point where everytime you see said person they have to harp on it to death heh. I just feel that is the only time it's overwhelming and this was only after so many years and after a very close death in the family which really made me go in my shell which was out of character for me.

sincerely,
    Dots.
    What is Feeling?

MBTI
    GONE

Hey Duchess, more than E v I the cognitive functions test should be your litmus test.

Are you Ne/Fi or Fi/Ne? Someone who is Fi primary but has a lot of Ne is a very different creature from someone who is Ne primary but has a lot of Fi.

Umm...maybe Udog or Wonkavision or another INFP well versed in these things can explain better.

Also, reading the overall type descriptions helps a lot. I know when just going by descriptions, ENFP resonates with me but not so much INFP or ENFJ. The core drivers are different which makes for different personality templates.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari