• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFP I or E How do you determine the difference?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have to admit I was somewhat surprised when you changed your type to a Thinking type before

This really isn't that hard but if it helps INFPs are often the ones who think they are every type and have the most trouble figuring it out

You have always seemed very NF to me though

BTW I have an INFP friend who feels like she doesn't fit in and has always tried to be more 'in the moment' and 'extraverted' its cute how she tries really :p

Hey at least I'm currently sticking with NFP hehe.
That will not change such an NFP :wubbie:.
Check signature :hug: :cry:
Just want to be sure cause i could actually see
enfp even though i'm alittle reserved/shy.
My Ne is Huge xD.

Last edited:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Congrats for finding a type that feels like home. :)

I just wanted to add - in determining your E/I often it's about what you wish you were more like or not like. And what others do to you.

My mom as I was growing up always tried to quash my extroversion because she was so introverted (and judgemental but she is INTP, I have had a lot of experience in close personal relationships with INTPs and y'all are some judgemental mofos!!! INTJs are just less sentimental about it. LOL) Didn't work. You can't extinguish the essential qualities of who people are a their core, though people can learn to hide and mask things.

Growing up, I always wished I were more extraverted - meaning I hated feeling social anxiety because I absolutely craved and thrived on A LOT of social interaction and involvement with events, groups, etc. I wanted to see it all and dive right in. And then I would curse that desire, that need to be with the world. Becaues being an extrovert with social anxiety is HORRIBLE. I didn't necessarily feel pressure from the world to come out more and be an extravert, it was my own personal need and desire and I knew that. I wanted to excel as an extrarted person, my ideals of who I should be hinged on being very confident and socially commanding.

I'm sure many introverts and hell, TEENAGERS have these ideals but I also knew that my desires were unusual and unusually strong compared to my peer group. I knew a lot of introverts that seemed very comfortable not being in the lime light or hanging back I had to speak up in class and say my mind and I wanted to know everyone in school and be known and I actually worked towards that (student government, being chatty, etc.)

I think my chemicals might have been off? LOL.

Into my early 20s I often wished that I didn't need that extrernal validation and interaction so much. I wished I could be content and satisfied more as an observer - because it is TIRING to be an extravert sometimes! It's work to satisfy all these competiting interests and focus. There are a lot of internally set up hoops to jump through. I know part of that is Ne.

Buuuut, yeah, does that help any?

My brother is a deep introvert as are both my parents. The level of socialization, friends, kinds of hobbies that they need compared to myself are very different.

Also, as children my INTP brother would hang on to my mother and be much more fearful of social places and generally quiet. I was always running away from my mother literally and getting into trouble and trying to talk to all the adults and children. My brother was content playing by himself or at length with one or two toys. My mother says even as a 5 year old I was always "busy, on the go, and had things to do".

I think as children if left in a relatively safe environment your true temperaments show and later manifest again as adults.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Congrats for finding a type that feels like home. :) * :hug:*

I just wanted to add - in determining your E/I often it's about what you wish you were more like or not like. And what others do to you.

My mom as I was growing up always tried to quash my extroversion because she was so introverted (and judgemental but she is INTP, I have had a lot of experience in close personal relationships with INTPs and y'all are some judgemental mofos!!! INTJs are just less sentimental about it. LOL) Didn't work. You can't extinguish the essential qualities of who people are a their core, though people can learn to hide and mask things.

Growing up, I always wished I were more extraverted - meaning I hated feeling social anxiety because I absolutely craved and thrived on A LOT of social interaction and involvement with events, groups, etc. I wanted to see it all and dive right in. And then I would curse that desire, that need to be with the world. Becaues being an extrovert with social anxiety is HORRIBLE. I didn't necessarily feel pressure from the world to come out more and be an extravert, it was my own personal need and desire and I knew that. I wanted to excel as an extrarted person, my ideals of who I should be hinged on being very confident and socially commanding. * my parents never really tried to steer me one way or the other. So i just feel comfortable in my skin. Of course society like school gave me speech class cause i never really spoke much. Like i would point to the paper i was handing in and that's it xDD. Teacher would always try to get me to verbalize what i want haha. I do like external validation to the point where it seems i'm externally motivated like stuff outside me keeps me going forward. I think that's why i have had such hard time now cause i have to look within to find what i want so it's taking alittle longer heh. Pretty balanced i'd say probably more eNFP but the theory fits hehe Inferior Si big time xDDD *does a tornado impression ^^DD*

I'm sure many introverts and hell, TEENAGERS have these ideals but I also knew that my desires were unusual and unusually strong compared to my peer group. I knew a lot of introverts that seemed very comfortable not being in the lime light or hanging back I had to speak up in class and say my mind and I wanted to know everyone in school and be known and I actually worked towards that (student government, being chatty, etc.)
* yeah i can see that cause your a teen and such, especially with peer pressure to "fit in" but see the funny thing is i was comfortable in my own skin enough i never let peer pressure have any influence on my decisions. I was just me lol. I think people saw that too hence i had friends from any so called "group" i never gave a rats booty who was popular and blah blah blah. I just saw the person and i also never felt like i had to validate myself kinda. Like if people can't except who i am and just judge not going to spend any time on that etc. Focus on the people that get me ^^DD and anyone else who is receptive.

I think my chemicals might have been off? LOL. *hehe*

Into my early 20s I often wished that I didn't need that extrernal validation and interaction so much. I wished I could be content and satisfied more as an observer - because it is TIRING to be an extravert sometimes! It's work to satisfy all these competiting interests and focus. There are a lot of internally set up hoops to jump through. I know part of that is Ne.

Buuuut, yeah, does that help any? * can you describe internally set up hoops to jump through in accordance to external validation?*

My brother is a deep introvert as are both my parents. The level of socialization, friends, kinds of hobbies that they need compared to myself are very different.

Also, as children my INTP brother would hang on to my mother and be much more fearful of social places and generally quiet. I was always running away from my mother literally and getting into trouble and trying to talk to all the adults and children. My brother was content playing by himself or at length with one or two toys. My mother says even as a 5 year old I was always "busy, on the go, and had things to do".

I think as children if left in a relatively safe environment your true temperaments show and later manifest again as adults.

* funny my mother always tells me that when i was a kid i would entertain myself and i could see that in away

*playing with my dolls, doll house, playing with those stick things you throw on the ground and match the colors/ Reading my books. I would play with my older sisters but well you know older sisters have their own thing so naturally i think i was sometimes left to play by myself xDD. Also Funny thing my mother told me when i was baby i was a very content baby, didn't always need to be held and such. She would go on to tell how "you'd be just sitting there playing with your toys in your playben all content. Didn't really cry much either" xDD. In my head i was doing an old lady's accent xDD. Seem introverted but my Ne is like :devil: :devil: try to make a decision B**** muahahahaha.

I mean i know INFP's can go through that too but I'm actually agreeing with Si inferior/Te tertiary so far. Still wonder but that's why i agree with Ne domininate/Si Inferior i can never Settle and it is very exhausting at times :yes:. Shifting it over to my Te which is says "it's fits so shut up already *hits my Ne upside the head as Ne goes "i needed that" then Si Goes " Ne you did need that, this shifting ever changing ground your on is annoying me, * hits Ne*

Fi goes " hey stop Ne is just being Ne why hit it." "then fi will send a lecture saying how it does need to slow down, consider what it really wants from life, yadda yadda and how it can help it actually have something as a basis to narrow to some choices. Sure Si will play in that factor too "recall" xD. Okay i'm good. Just thought i should demonstrate how much it fits lol.
I could go all day but i'll spare you the pain :newwink:.

I 'd have to say 55% E 45 % I cause i do love to be alone after a "loooong crazy day" and i still will after a whole saturday out lay low for the next day just chilling cause i do notice too much interaction can drain me so that still is true.
so eNFP.