• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs - I need your suggestions on music

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I constantly have my iPod on. I'm always looking for new music. Music can really help me... and I'll try not to sound too spiritual-y-ish on you... but it helps me feel more deeply whatever mood I'm in.

Lately, I've really been feeling melancholy and have enjoyed listening to songs by sigur ros, m38, Portishead, Mandalay... etc.

I'm looking for more songs/bands that you think I might like!
Let me know what you INFJs listen to when it's rainy, dark, dreary, outside and you're feeling super contemplative as you drink your coffee/tea.

[YOUTUBE="qlus8xyIC90"]Sigur Ros[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="d_zL2_rcTMg"]M83[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="WQYsGWh_vpE"]Portishead[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="JPfFmEFwg4U"]Mandalay[/YOUTUBE]

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm familiar with Sigur Ros and M83 (is that who you meant?), but I don't know rokys.

I always thought Radiohead was pretty damn melancholy as well as some of Amy Winehouse's love songs. There's Aqualung. And Vincent Gallo has a few songs like "So Sad", "Honey Bunny", and "A Falling Down Billy Brown."

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm familiar with Sigur Ros and M83 (is that who you meant?), but I don't know rokys.

I always thought Radiohead was pretty damn melancholy as well as some of Amy Winehouse's love songs. There's Aqualung. And Vincent Gallo has a few songs like "So Sad", "Honey Bunny", and "A Falling Down Billy Brown."

Yeah, I originally meant 'Royksopp'.

Aaaah yes, Radiohead. I love them too.
Aqualung? I think I've heard of them/her/him/it.?? I will check those out!

Thanks, iwakar!

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Are you a fan of Over the Rhine? I like them, though they're a little more contemplative than broody. "Born" is my current play to death song. I love Sigur Ros, too...the language (real or fabricated) is so calming. Emiliana Torrini is another favorite of mine, good old Bjork. Shugo Tokumaru, Imogen Heap, Sufjan Stevens, Jose Gonzalez...and after I'm through my funk, Ben Folds. :p

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Are you a fan of Over the Rhine? I like them, though they're a little more contemplative than broody. "Born" is my current play to death song. I love Sigur Ros, too...the language (real or fabricated) is so calming. Emiliana Torrini is another favorite of mine, good old Bjork. Shugo Tokumaru, Imogen Heap, Sufjan Stevens, Jose Gonzalez...and after I'm through my funk, Ben Folds. :p

Emiliana Torrini is good stuff, yeah??

Here's another one I just remembered.

[YOUTUBE="xDIyfdOQ4tU"]Frankmusik - Done done[/YOUTUBE]

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ahhh yes, Royksopp. (I enjoy) Emiliana Torrini too! :nice:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Some Chris Isaak (I Wonder), Ron Sexsmith (Canadian), and argh!! I just lost the other two I was thinking of.

When you are not looking for wallowing music, The Duhks are an excellent band.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
[YOUTUBE="V76IRlVC3oI"]Don Mclean - Sister Fatima[/YOUTUBE]

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Anything with piano in it.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89xiCJMKkOU"]Fingers[/YOUTUBE]

Like that. Where the piano notes sound like rain.

Sometimes classical piano pieces are nice, too.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Anything with piano in it.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89xiCJMKkOU"]Fingers[/YOUTUBE]

Like that. Where the piano notes sound like rain.

Sometimes classical piano pieces are nice, too.

ooooooh kyrielle. this song is from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack composed by Yoko Kanno, one of my most favorite animes and anime sountracks E-VERRR.

V

violaine

I have whole playlists devoted to just such moods. :) After a quick scout:

Faces in Disguise - Sunny Day Real Estate (not on youtube.)

Busted, Broken, Forgotten - Art of Fighting (not on youtube.)

Farewell Transmission - Songs: Ohia/Magnolia Electric Co... Jason Molina is one of my favorite singers (not on youtube.)

Aeon - Antony and the Johnsons <-- Can't find the studio version which is sublime but you'll get the idea.

Forget Her - Jeff Buckley

Lover, You Should Have Come Over - Jeff Buckley

No one's Gonna Love You - Band of Horses

The Art Teacher - Rufus Wainwright

The Velvet Cell - Gravenhurst

Hope There's Someone - Antony and the Johnsons

Sand River - Beth Gibbons (Portishead) and Rustin Man

Going Nowhere - Elliott Smith I love Elliott Smith. :wubbie:

Ratts of the Capital - Mogwai

Flame Trees - Sarah Blasko (Cover)

Autumn Leaves - Eva Cassidy

I also love Dead Can Dance, post-rock, ambient/electronica when I'm in that certain mood. Will post more on the weekend if this thread is still going.

P

Phantonym

Let me know what you INFJs listen to when it's rainy, dark, dreary, outside and you're feeling super contemplative as you drink your coffee/tea.

Ok. There are sooooooooooo many artists I love to listen to during my abundance of different moods but I'll give a few examples.

The Verve - Columbo
The Verve - Numbness

Trip-hop is always great during those contemplative moments during the somber, rainy afternoons and very late at night.

Morcheeba - Slow Down (sorry, the video gets better halfway through)

I also like original movie scores:

Thomas Newman - Any Other Name

Alexandre Desplat - Sunrise on Lake Pontchartrain
Hans Zimmer - A Small Measure of Peace

Here's my latest passion:

Oren Lavie - Her Morning Elegance
(great video as well)
Oren Lavie - A Dance 'Round the Memory Tree (don't mind the Narnia pics, the song is great)

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ooooooh kyrielle. this song is from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack composed by Yoko Kanno, one of my most favorite animes and anime sountracks E-VERRR.

More INFJ cowboy bebop lovers??? kick ass.

I listen to Loreena McKennitt and Enigma when I get in my moods :/

Saffronsocks

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
egad, I was just about to actually close my computer when a thread like this shows up, oy vey......

I gotta do something about this... let's see,

Broadcast is one of my favourites, and I think they'd be right up your alley (mannered, spooky, british film-type music with synth)

BROADCAST- PAPERCUTS

Bat For Lashes - What's A Girl To Do? A+++++ love her
YouTube - Bat For Lashes - Daniel (HD)

julie doiron swan pond

My Cats Relaxing to Nico's 'Fairest of the Seasons'

The Radio Dept. - Pulling Our Weight

Slowdive - Allison

world's end girlfriend - ghost of a horse under a chandelier

...now to leave the house and check out every other link in this thread later. :)

Oh okay one more - My Brightest Diamond - Dragonfly

... and I'll try not to sound too spiritual-y-ish on you...

Spiritual-y ish is SO entering the lexicon. :yes:

add Enya onto that list and that was my youthful "me-time" arsenal of CDs. :D
and Cowboy Bebop is great.

okay actually going now.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
In the situation you described, I listen to a lot of Origa (Russian/Japanese club singer), and Alizee (French popstar). A lot of club music.

Good songs from each are: 'Era of Queens' and 'Aney, Unborn Child' by Origa; 'Amélie M`a Dit' and 'Hey! Amigo!' by Alizee - The youtube-able stuff for those two isn't their soothing music (Though 'Inner Universe' for Origa is great, though it was Yoko Kanno who composed the song)

I recently found a good Dutch band called Odin Dragonfly. A couple good songs are 'How I Feel Today' and 'Given Time.' Un-youtube-able though.

And if I just want something loud and fun to listen to to get me in a good mood: 'Wooden Pints' and 'Metsämies' by Korpiklaani, and 'Trollhammaren' by Finntroll. Not to mention 'Wenches & Mead' by Alestorm :D

Now that I think about it, anything by Flogging Molly could be good, too. 'Drunken Lullabies' and 'The Worst Day Since Yesterday' particularly.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If you like M83, you'll probably dig Boards of Cananda.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7bKe_Zgk4o"]Boards of Canada - Music is Math[/YOUTUBE]

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Totally. I love the Seatbelts! It's the way I wish contemporary jazz would sound (at least the stuff they play on the radio)--more like when jazz first emerged from Big Band and the Blues and had just turned from Swing into Bebop. And the anime was great, too. ;)

Yeah, I didn't think anyone would recognise Cowboy Bebop. Cool to see there are some more fans here. :D

Loreena McKennitt is a good one. Caters to those who love a sort of "fairytale"ness essence in music. Enigma kind of freaks me out.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
In the situation you described, I listen to a lot of Origa (Russian/Japanese club singer), and Alizee (French popstar). A lot of club music.

I LOVE Origa! Thanks for the tip!

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
Beatles
Garbage
Duffy
Jazz (Genre)
Blues (Genre)
Counting Crows
Ani Difranco
Bob Dylan
Johnny Cash