• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Are INFP's boring???

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm boring when bored, and most people bore me, sooo.....

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
(I'm still on a toss between I or E myself)

I have INFP friends, well more like 1 in real life anyway and a few online lol but the one in real life doesn't talk as much as me, tends to sit down listening to me waffle on for hours.

I don't find him boring though, it can be tough carrying the conversation at times for me, but once I throw something at him that captures him he will start bouncing back my ideas at me (he still can't talk as much as me though lol).

I think he is a laugh, and not boring at all.

When I'm around infp's I feel relaxed, I feel like I can unleash my Ne without judgement (like I'm insane), and that they will totally get it.

It's not boring, it's comfortable and relaxing and I don't actually find that boring.

When we went to see foo fighters together, he was far more rowdy than me. :cool:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Are INFP's boring? For comparison purposes, what about INFJ's?

Sometimes I feel like "INFP's: The most interesting people that you will never actually bother to talk to."

INFP's are really, really, really interesting to talk to. Not boring, never.

P

Phantonym

Sometimes I feel like "INFP's: The most interesting people that you will never actually bother to talk to."

INFP's are really, really, really interesting to talk to. Not boring, never.

That is so true. They're amazing. I've gotten to know a couple of INFPs more closely over the past few years and they're the funniest and the greatest people I've ever met.

It's not a surprise to me because I'm always trying to look for more than meets the eye. If I could only overcome my hesitancy, I don't like to be too intrusive :blush:

But it always feels like so many people are missing out on their awesomeness.

Do we as INF's give off vibes of "I'm busy, don't come interrupt my super-deep feelings?"

:yes: I'm inclined to think so from personal experiences.

I'd love if people would come to me to talk but at the same time I'm trying my hardest to blend in to the background. Personally, I dislike sitting around, doing nothing. I'm always either secretly people-watching while pretending to read, with my headphones on or writing or doing these things all at the same time because I don't want people to think I'm staring at them.

I can imagine how this would make me look like difficult to approach. I'm not! I'm always wondering: How am I to advertise that I'm approachable? Should I simply sit there, smiling, trying to catch eye-contact?
Doing something like this feels very, very awkward. Neeeeeeeedy.

I'm boring when bored, and most people bore me, sooo.....

:laugh:

The domino effect? A thinks that B is boring, it shows and B is mirroring A's behaviour, causing the A to think that B is boring...

And all the while both A and B are really interesting people :doh:

sculpting

It's because you guys are damned invisible. After talking to Udog, Ihave been trying to engage the INFPs. You guys are like faries.

"hi INFP, how are you?" Down go the eyes in a sweet Fi way and you deflect the conversation onto somebody else in the room. Like you have force fields or something.

Then I look up and you have vanished into the mist.....

INFJs are more solidified and I really like them and engage quite a bit with them. Ni is the ultimate Ne bullshit detector.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Are INFP's boring?

not at all. i really appreciate their company. ive sometimes hung out with my closest infp friend from night to morning. their opposite, the estj bore the shit out of me! granted this is from an intps perspective and i find alot of things that socieity deems boring as facinating. i notice infps are not the greatest at telling jokes, even if their beyond type nack for humor is amazing. i.e. a brain that has potential for great comedy combined with an infp makes a medium level joker. it might be because they're too serious (but with every flaw comes a strength.)
except for their emo-ish hair cuts, they dont stand out much.... and emo's dont even stand out!

dont mind me, talking crap.

MattC333

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
In a word...No!
I love INFPs, they are more stable than ENFPs yet are on the same wavelength. They can enough sense without going off on excited tangents!
:D

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmm, I'm wondering if it was my comment that sparked this...

I think 80% people think I'm insanely boring. The things that interest me, consequently the stuff I like to talk about, often leaves people with either this glazy eyed expression or a WTF look. I don't think they dislike me - they just think I'm a harmless weirdo. I would have to say I'm not the sort of person people ever really hate, nor am I the person people really like. To me, this = boring.

As for the other 20% of people:
- 18-19% tolerate my 'boring-ality' because they kinda like me despite it.
- 1-2% really connect with me and find me interesting

I'm not being a cry-baby about it. Its just something I've come to accept. But I agree with Johnathanthegreat: I think those 80% of people are pretty boring themselves - so not much lost.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I would say no, INFPs are not boring at all. The things that go on in their head are quite marvelous, to say the least.

I get the sense that ESxxs consider me pretty boring, because of my lack of attention and/or caring to the tangible, outside world. Other types usually do not think I'm boring.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know any INFP's in real life. Only a few on the net. They're not boring there. :)

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
My best friend is an INFP, and he's far from boring. Aside from a few miscommunication issues, he's one of my favourite people to be around. We tend to have fun, scheming evil schemes and dorking out on video games. I think he's fairly balanced though, which might help.

My other best friend's an INFJ, though she's a relatively unhealthy one. I think her Ni is often in overdrive mode when it comes to paranoia, heh. But she's also fun, though in a completely different way. Less video games, more being overly dramatic for no reason. I find it's easier to communicate with my INFP friend, though.

I really prefer Disneyland.
Disneyland > Disney World. I don't get why it's automatically assumed that a higher number of theme parks makes Disney World the superior choice.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The INFP I know the best has some kind of moderate bi-polar thing going on, so they're definitely not boring. I find them more interesting than a lot of other types, but I can see how they might be dull to sensors.

Chloe

awww, INFPs - nope. not at all. You asked for INFJs as well, ... hm, must admit they are my least favorite Ns, ... they are just fucking confused and too much "i love all people i would never ever hurt anybody ever". (this is based on 3-4 infjs i know from RL so...INFJs don't take it as offense.)

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's because you guys are damned invisible. After talking to Udog, Ihave been trying to engage the INFPs. You guys are like faries.

"hi INFP, how are you?" Down go the eyes in a sweet Fi way and you deflect the conversation onto somebody else in the room. Like you have force fields or something.

Then I look up and you have vanished into the mist.....

INFJs are more solidified and I really like them and engage quite a bit with them. Ni is the ultimate Ne bullshit detector.

Guilty, your honor. Hey maybe that's our super power! Interest deflection.

That's a bad habit of mine disappearing...I kinda like almost being a figament of some one else's imagination.

I also think we are somewhat of an acquired taste. Those who like us, and find us fascinating, tend to hold us in high regard, but I guess more than a few people wonder why, 'till some thing sage comes from our mouths.

I also tend to react with surprise when some one is actually interested in me as a person....but boring, I think I'm far from it.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
A lot of the INFPs I know think they're the most boring people on Earth, but I find them very interesting.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But boring keeps the scary girls away... :unsure:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
awww, INFPs - nope. not at all. You asked for INFJs as well, ... hm, must admit they are my least favorite Ns, ... they are just fucking confused and too much "i love all people i would never ever hurt anybody ever". (this is based on 3-4 infjs i know from RL so...INFJs don't take it as offense.)

:cry:

But seriously, can you expand on this? How sure are you that these people are INFJs (as opposed to ISFJs and ENFJs)?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think if you can dig under the solid steel walls of an INFP without scaring them too much, you'll probably find them to be very interesting people. The iron clad fence may look dull on the outside, but on the inside there is a hyper imaginative mind. It helps if the INFP lets people in quickly, but when you're on the receiving end of a reserved anyone, you'll probably be bored, and being bored in a certain persons presence frequently, makes you associate that person with boredom, which then leads to the conclusion that the person is boring.