User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

they can be boring if you are not a person they are comfortable around, otherwise no
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Hmmm, I'm wondering if it was my comment that sparked this...
    Hmm, I honestly don't remember, but I wasn't thinking so. I think a lot of the posters on the INFP forum are younger, many in college, and many in HS. I don't know for sure, or even necessarily remember the OP itself, but I was wondering if it was from a quiet HS student who felt like all their ES__ HS peers found them boring because the OP was an IN__. I think anyone that actually KNOWS an INFP could never find them boring, in general. But we are pretty meek, quiet, non-assertive, passive, etc, so for Joe Bloe the ES__ on the street who doesn't know us I'm sure we'd seem rather dull. I've NEVER heard an NF call an INFP boring that I can EVER think of. Personally, spending lots of time around NT's and TJ's [work] I think they generally have like zero interest in what I find interesting, and I'm sure I completely baffle them.

MBTI
    ENFP

INFPs are NOT boring! Especially once they are comfortable with you - you will see a whole different side of them. My best friend in the whole world is an INFP. She has great depth and substance...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Not once you get to know them, but I think they tend to be a bit guarded with strangers. My favorite Aunt is INFP, and she and I can talk for hours on end totally enthralled in our conversation.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i generally don't find any Ne or Ni person boring. shared interest only helps. sometimes i like the feeling-focus of infp Ne imagination more than any other type, on the whole they're probably my favorite writers. (altho intp, infj, entp, enfp, and intj are all pretty good too). i think artistically i value what they bring to the table more than any other type, altho it is much easier to communicate and work with entps, and it is probably more in touch with and harmonious my actual vision. dom Fi is like a bomb always waiting to go off, when it comes to articulation/creative self-expression, and it's counterproductive to be overly-arranged or too conceptual or have sanded edges when the idiosyncracies are the basis for FiNe to speak!

it takes them a while to formulate their thoughts, sometimes. if they're practiced writers/banterers, they're fantastic. i'm not sure what it is, but it seems like there's a lot of subspecies of infps, and i don't think it's just that i identify with the values of some very strongly and the values of others weakly. it MIGHT be 4w5 vs 9w1, but i really don't think so. occasionally you'll meet an infp that seems so brilliant and complex and masterful when dealing with (the articulation/understanding of?) the world of feeling. it's deeply humane, profound, and healing. helps release those things festering inside all of us, give voice to them, hear them finally for the first time, and use that productively in our lives/know ourselves better.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    it seems like there's a lot of subspecies of infps, and i don't think it's just that i identify with the values of some very strongly and the values of others weakly. it MIGHT be 4w5 vs 9w1, but i really don't think so.
    There are many types of INFPs. They come in fun flavors like Ben & Jerry's. None of these flavors are in the least bit boring.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    The domino effect? A thinks that B is boring, it shows and B is mirroring A's behaviour, causing the A to think that B is boring...

And all the while both A and B are really interesting people
    Something like that....IDK, I was just being silly .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Are INFP's boring? For comparison purposes, what about INFJ's?

Sometimes I feel like "INFP's: The most interesting people that you will never actually bother to talk to."
    I think velocity indirectly hit upon one of the main things - INFPs tend to lack that bit of an edge that would make us come off as lively and interesting to someone just glancing at us. We tend to be 'unassuming', which for many is boring.

INFJs usually are awesome banterers and have that edge INFPs lack. They are good at winning people over, and are usually very expressive. Ya, I find them far from boring.

Glycerine

Far from it. Even the unhealthy ones are quite interesting.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

So far you've made 3-4 unvalidated posts with little regard of actual reasoning which to the rest of the participants in this thread that ISTPs are generally surface dwellers who thrive on pretentious catch phrases.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I think their pretty boring at times it depends...I knew one who was pretty pretentious ....