User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm boring when bored, and most people bore me, sooo.....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    dreamers...
    your avatar is simply amazing and that guy is gonna be champ for a loooooooooong time.

They say only boring people get bored.

I don't find the INFP's I know boring.

MBTI
    infp

(I'm still on a toss between I or E myself)

I have INFP friends, well more like 1 in real life anyway and a few online lol but the one in real life doesn't talk as much as me, tends to sit down listening to me waffle on for hours.

I don't find him boring though, it can be tough carrying the conversation at times for me, but once I throw something at him that captures him he will start bouncing back my ideas at me (he still can't talk as much as me though lol).

I think he is a laugh, and not boring at all.

When I'm around infp's I feel relaxed, I feel like I can unleash my Ne without judgement (like I'm insane), and that they will totally get it.

It's not boring, it's comfortable and relaxing and I don't actually find that boring.

When we went to see foo fighters together, he was far more rowdy than me.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Are INFP's boring? For comparison purposes, what about INFJ's?

Sometimes I feel like "INFP's: The most interesting people that you will never actually bother to talk to."
    INFP's are really, really, really interesting to talk to. Not boring, never.

Phantonym

Sometimes I feel like "INFP's: The most interesting people that you will never actually bother to talk to."
    Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    INFP's are really, really, really interesting to talk to. Not boring, never.
    That is so true. They're amazing. I've gotten to know a couple of INFPs more closely over the past few years and they're the funniest and the greatest people I've ever met.

It's not a surprise to me because I'm always trying to look for more than meets the eye. If I could only overcome my hesitancy, I don't like to be too intrusive

But it always feels like so many people are missing out on their awesomeness.

Do we as INF's give off vibes of "I'm busy, don't come interrupt my super-deep feelings?"
    I'm inclined to think so from personal experiences.

I'd love if people would come to me to talk but at the same time I'm trying my hardest to blend in to the background. Personally, I dislike sitting around, doing nothing. I'm always either secretly people-watching while pretending to read, with my headphones on or writing or doing these things all at the same time because I don't want people to think I'm staring at them.

I can imagine how this would make me look like difficult to approach. I'm not! I'm always wondering: How am I to advertise that I'm approachable? Should I simply sit there, smiling, trying to catch eye-contact?
    Doing something like this feels very, very awkward. Neeeeeeeedy.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I'm boring when bored, and most people bore me, sooo.....

The domino effect? A thinks that B is boring, it shows and B is mirroring A's behaviour, causing the A to think that B is boring...

And all the while both A and B are really interesting people

Are INFP's boring? For comparison purposes, what about INFJ's?

It's because you guys are damned invisible. After talking to Udog, Ihave been trying to engage the INFPs. You guys are like faries.

"hi INFP, how are you?" Down go the eyes in a sweet Fi way and you deflect the conversation onto somebody else in the room. Like you have force fields or something.

Then I look up and you have vanished into the mist.....

INFJs are more solidified and I really like them and engage quite a bit with them. Ni is the ultimate Ne bullshit detector.

INFPs boring? lol far from it

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Are INFP's boring?
    not at all. i really appreciate their company. ive sometimes hung out with my closest infp friend from night to morning. their opposite, the estj bore the shit out of me! granted this is from an intps perspective and i find alot of things that socieity deems boring as facinating. i notice infps are not the greatest at telling jokes, even if their beyond type nack for humor is amazing. i.e. a brain that has potential for great comedy combined with an infp makes a medium level joker. it might be because they're too serious (but with every flaw comes a strength.)
    except for their emo-ish hair cuts, they dont stand out much.... and emo's dont even stand out!

dont mind me, talking crap.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESE

In a word...No!
    I love INFPs, they are more stable than ENFPs yet are on the same wavelength. They can enough sense without going off on excited tangents!
    Never stick your d*ck in pudding...You can spend all day talking about how great it is but no-one will eat it 'cos you stuck your d*ck in it!!!

"Does it involve wanton destruction?"
    "We can only hope"

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Hmmm, I'm wondering if it was my comment that sparked this...

I think 80% people think I'm insanely boring. The things that interest me, consequently the stuff I like to talk about, often leaves people with either this glazy eyed expression or a WTF look. I don't think they dislike me - they just think I'm a harmless weirdo. I would have to say I'm not the sort of person people ever really hate, nor am I the person people really like. To me, this = boring.

As for the other 20% of people:
    - 18-19% tolerate my 'boring-ality' because they kinda like me despite it.
    - 1-2% really connect with me and find me interesting

I'm not being a cry-baby about it. Its just something I've come to accept. But I agree with Johnathanthegreat: I think those 80% of people are pretty boring themselves - so not much lost.