User Tag List

View Poll Results: NFs, do you believe in astrology?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 28.00%
  • No

36 72.00%
123 Last

Default NFs, do you believe in astrology?

NFs, what is your opinion of astrology?

I find astrology pretty interesting. Though I am skeptical of is accuracy like other NTs, it is nevertheless a system that classifies personality.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Astrology...

Not really well versed on the subject. Is this like Horoscope type of stuff...?
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's nowhere near as rational, that's for sure...

It doesn't stop me from wondering what everyone's sign is, though, and buying into some of the finer points like ascendants, venuses and moons and things. On some level it's a study that almost every culture has pursued at some point, so wether or not it's actually valid (measurable) it's so ancient (intrinsically human?) that it might have some truth... (and I know I love my own chart -- go Sagittarius rising/Gemini moon/Pisces sun! = trinity of Mutable signs, woo!)

I have a friend who's a lot more into it than I am, and she can tell you of whole dimensions of information that trained astrologers are supposed to keep in mind while drawing charts and things. Nodes and retrogrades and aspects and well my mind just kinda goes *spuh* at that point.

Buddhists use it too!

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I believe in astrology. I believe there is some validity to it anyways. It's too complex and dynamic a personality system to make any concrete practical use of though. It can be a pretty good tool for understanding your friends though, which can be nice.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't believe in astrology, but am familiar with how complex a system it is. I get uneasy when people start asking about my sign and want to make me a chart. It just seems like a lot of presumptions they will form about me that are arbitrary in nature and will likely mess up future attempts at communication.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Don't believe in it at all.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Yeah, I don't believe in it, but to be fair I haven't really investigated it.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I don't really believe in it as such, but I do think that a birth chart is an interesting place to start talking about personality and stuff. A lot of it won't fit, and a lot of it will, and you can talk about all of these things. I think it's a neat way to explore, but I wouldn't wed myself to any conclusions.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFP

Nope.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

Yes, I believe in astrology. However, I also take it with a grain of salt. It is more like a winding road that one can take with signs posted. "Turn here." "Merge left." "Roadblock up ahead." "Intersection ---." "Fork up ahead." Stuff like that. The future, as far as I believe, is not written in stone until we're living it. Regardless of whether we try to find a way to see it or not.

EDIT: As for birth charts, I have made them before. Mostly for fun. A bit to understanding them is to also understand the energies that are being talked about. At least, from what I've read.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.