User Tag List

View Poll Results: NFs, do you believe in astrology?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 28.00%
  • No

36 72.00%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Of course. I think it's an amazing and beautiful subject. Anything dealing with transcendence or spirituality is my center.
    I don't think it can be something whether you believe in it or not, but whether you follow it or not. It's an art. It's beautiful.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I don't think it can be something whether you believe in it or not, but whether you follow it or not.
    What is the difference between following and believing? Following is just interest?
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SpottingTrains View Post
    What is the difference between following and believing? Following is just interest?
    When I think of believing I think of deciding whether or not it's real to me. When I think of following, I think of agreeing with the teachings of. I guess it's reasonable not to believe in it, now that I think of it, but I do, and I certainly do follow it.

I also get frustrated with hard-core Christians who say it's a bunch of gibberish. I don't think they have, or anybody, has the liberty to judge it either way without knowledge of it.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

So would you agree that following is more of an appreciation of a system? Not an appreciation for it's truth per se but more of an appreciation for the intricacies and nuances that are held within it?
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

My whimsical side is drawn to astrology, and I do like it as a set of personality archetypes. That's as far as it goes, though. I've known plenty of people born under the same sign, and I don't see any great similarities between them. There's also something about the idea of our fates being written in the stars that rings false with me. Part of it is that I don't believe in fate in the first place; fate is just the feeling we get when we look back and everything seems to have fallen into place or when we look to the future with expectation but no guarantee.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SpottingTrains View Post
    So would you agree that following is more of an appreciation of a system? Not an appreciation for it's truth per se but more of an appreciation for the intricacies and nuances that are held within it?
    Yes. I will have to agree with you, as there really isn't any concrete proof that says 'Astrology is Fact'. But that's obvious. But I do think you are right..and that it's not so much that followers believe in it to be right, but people like what it represents, and that they like the idea of it.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Cool, I find myself appreciating a lot of things in that manner, the ideas created by a system rather than the truth behind. Though as an addendum I do like to distinguish between what is truthful and that which is not.

Can you make chicken salad out of chicken shit?

Heck no.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

No.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I used to believe in it, but not anymore. I definately don't have the personality of an avergage Libra. I'm more of a Scorpio or a Leo. Used to think I had the personality of a Libra, but I got to know myself better now.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.