User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INFP+ENFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default INFP+ENFP

I've seen very little about this relationship pairing: any thoughts, experiences etc?

The very little that I have seen is from tribe.net, when ENFP-INFP couples mentioned 1) how similar they are those outsiders often may not see it, 2) how not-serious or not-responsible they are, 3) how much fun they have together.

Tiger and Barron-Tieger in Just Your Type describe it as easy and familiar with very strong emotional connection, and the major differences and difficulties being related to 1) being TOO similar and 2) different energy levels/social needs.

I kid you not, their section on "The joys" is relatively short, and they start off "The frustrations" section by talking about ease, familiarity, and similarity. Do they do this with the ENFJ-INFJ or any of the other E___+I same___ pairs that I've seen? No!!!!! Maybe they just got tired cuz it was almost the end of the book???? I've honestly thought about writing to them and asking about that.

I often feel like ENFP's are my like looking at myself in the mirror if I was just more social and talkative. The dom Ne vs Dom Fi does make a real difference, but get two balanced people together, and well they are balanced people. In a sense, an ENFJ is what I would aspire to be if I were an extravert [their social skills and natural good graces and all], and yet an ENFP is what I would be if I were an extravert. All our INFP well-wishing puppies-in-utopia thinking only amounts to so much due to our often not projecting well-wishing puppies-in-utopia out to others in a way where they can sense it and do something with it. But the ENFP's, they put stuff out there, and sure it may not be as intense as our super-deep well-wishing puppies-in-utopia-ness, but its still a lot [far more than most peoples for sure!] and, you know, ACTUALLY GETS SEEN AND NOTICED BY OTHERS.

Anyways, thoughts, ideas, experiences???

MBTI
    GONE

There's more than a few threads or post-clumps about ENFP/INFP connection. Having dated 3 INFPs (I know, I know) I will say that a feeling of ease and connection can be your downfall because it masks all the things that need to be worked on or are not working or are just plain not acceptable.

I can have a blast hanging out with certain INFPs irl but you can't build a solid relationship on just having fun and feelings. Two of the three INFPs I dated ended up being duds and just Bad Choices, the third situation is still working itself out.

I find that interacting with INXPs at the very least has an element of familiarity and comfort in it - in that I at least know what to expect or what certain un-verbal things mean.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm pretty sure wonkavision has made some good posts regarding this topic. you might do a search.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ok, thanks! I will do a search.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

It appears neither INFPs nor ENFPs are interested in this thread. I can't imagine why

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    It appears neither INFPs nor ENFPs are interested in this thread. I can't imagine why
    I don't understand what you are getting at?

Wait, are you saying that we are both too lazy or preoccupied to give it much attention???

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

lol No. Well I may be commenting too much for others, but I don't think it's a couple that would desire a relationship with one another upon closer inspection.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    lol No. Well I may be commenting too much for others, but I don't think it's a couple that would desire a relationship with one another upon closer inspection.
    Why do you think that is??? It seems to me that lots of people think that any NF type could be potentially well-matched with any NF type.

Admittedly, the INFP-ENFJ thread is getting more inputs, but INFP-ENFP can go VEYR well as well according to happily-long-term-married INFP-ENFP couples that I have heard of. "We may not be very serious, but we do have LOTS of fun together! How many other couples can say that after 15 [or however many] years of marriage!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Maybe the ENFP's just aren't as organised about saying how potentially nuts they are about us as are the ENFJ's???

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

both ENFP & INFP prefer to have options open.. maybe we're all just..waiting. maybe for something..maybe not..