• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
i learn best through play, like a puppy, but god that silly switch....whats that all about?

its like a surge of energy, directed outwards, i infect others and they all end up with this madness for a bit, even the Introverts get high, i allow them to drink my reserves because i need the release. its like a mad half hour. i'm due one i can feel it....
i get like improvision moments and anything at hand is used. i do it at work,i do it in front of the managers, and i dont care. it also comes on when the staff morale is low, like i need to pick everyone up, forget your troubles type of logic,
this is a trait for us i believe.
anyone else have a silly switch? and is it only enfps?

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
This reminds me of a conversation between Me, an ENFP, and an ISTJ. Me and the ENFP were talking about how we always steer conversation to certain points that we want to discuss and the ISTJ said that he never tried to control conversation, he just let it flow. That concept was so alien to me...I just assumed that everyone influenced conversation topics and stuff.

no they dont, and sometimes i dont. i only do it times of lack of understanding and co operation. and its usually to kill 2 birds with one stone. i wonder if this is just an N trait? i know a few Ss that dont do this

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I definitely have a silly switch. But it's much more obvious when it gets turned off. I'll go from supersilly nutjob to sombre, austere and very, very serious in the blink of an eye. Or I'll get all philosophical on you. Or sarcastic, but funny. To others my behaviour must be like changing channels on the telly all the time. I do try to balance it out, though.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
yes yes the silly switch.... I need a good close friend to help activate this switch, my cousin and I were complete and utter nut jobs, my husband thought I to be 15 at the time when I was actually 19 b/c I was so silly. The life of any party especially when the alcohol enters the body.....

I have heard comments like i don't need to drink i will just watch you to damn my stomach is gonna hurt so bad from laughing..... ah the fun of it all and yes almost in the blink of an eye it's done and we're back to quiet and inconspicuous!

It's been a while since I have found my silly switch, but soon I shall find it again.

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
i tend to do that as well, get high and crazy to get everybody jumped up, then turn into a philosopher for the rest of the night. It's crazy.

The INFJ girl, well she's adorable and we some how click on a very intuitive level. Crazy hard to explain but we seemingly understand each other without really talking about it, though we've talked about the phenomena itself. In group settings she's quiet but supportive, in private she's not quiet at all which is awesome. She is a touchy feely lover, which is great for me since I thrive on touch to let me know i'm loved.
And I've always thought that a "magic" kiss, ya know the ones with fireworks and electricity, were bunk. Not so. That first kiss was charged and left us both breathless. Quite a connection!

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
i tend to do that as well, get high and crazy to get everybody jumped up, then turn into a philosopher for the rest of the night. It's crazy.

The INFJ girl, well she's adorable and we some how click on a very intuitive level. Crazy hard to explain but we seemingly understand each other without really talking about it, though we've talked about the phenomena itself. In group settings she's quiet but supportive, in private she's not quiet at all which is awesome. She is a touchy feely lover, which is great for me since I thrive on touch to let me know i'm loved.
And I've always thought that a "magic" kiss, ya know the ones with fireworks and electricity, were bunk. Not so. That first kiss was charged and left us both breathless. Quite a connection!

awwww, blindness,thats lovely! i love tales like this. soppy lil' buggers:wubbie:

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'm quite good at letting conversation just flow as well, but I must admit that it takes a conscious effort to get into that mindset. But I have trouble understanding how anyone could completely refrain from steering topics in certain directions. Hypothetically I understand it, but I can't quite grasp it in the real world.

Hey, I don't do this. :shock:

What's there to steer to anyways? Hmm...

But what about Ne?

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The silly switch is all the truth. Except in my case it's like a serious switch...based on how my silliness is what is on for the majority of the time.

Here on MBTIc my silly switch is only like 60% on max.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
only 60% I see

my silliness is always dependant on how well or how confident I feel in a situation.

Tonight was a general meeting for our Parent Advisory Counsel and so we propose projected income from various fund raising and such and then we try to balance that with the needs of the school and the students. We don't take into account the nice surplus we have sitting in the chequing account though. Finally as we're trying to cut here and add here someone says do we really need a balanced budget..... I say in my most whittiest of voices well the government never does so I don't know why we do.... lol.... anyways it broke the tension and we all laughed and made it out of that room before we all went crazy!

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lulz I see hehehe.

And the confidence part is true for me too, I think.

Oh wow this has become more like the ENFP bonding thread. :banana:

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
well what better way to allow others to really see us then to give us a place to open up and be ourselves.....

the excitement that is resonating from this thread is well electrifying ;)

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
I do love being me.
Took the girl to an art museum last night. It was great, I really got to pull her out of her mind and communicate to me what she was feeling about the different paintings, while at the same time I got to critique most of them in a not so serious way that made her hit me alot. It was great.

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hey, I don't do this. :shock:

What's there to steer to anyways? Hmm...

But what about Ne?

a happy ending for everyone. a captain wont just let a boat take its own course if theres a huge rock in its general direction. and let all the crew capsize.

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
The silly switch is all the truth. Except in my case it's like a serious switch...based on how my silliness is what is on for the majority of the time.

Here on MBTIc my silly switch is only like 60% on max.

LOL.... another fine mess!!(reminds me of laurel and hardy)

chatoyer

MBTI Type
eNfP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
perfect type photo

findthejake--I have to say that your photo, if it's you, is the quintessential ENFP guy picture! It cracks me up, but I've seen that exact facial expression on some of my ENFP guy friends' faces! The energy & goofiness is palpable........

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thanks! That's totally me on a recent trip to Guam. I took a series of shots and that one is one of my fav's. I get yelled at alot by people who I take pictures with because it's damn near impossible for me to smile "normal" for a picture. When the camera comes out my face just snaps into some over-the-top expression.
Random Jake - a photoset on Flickr
as witnessed in that narcissistic set of mine.... :p

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
We try to will others to love us
this ive thought about.
i like other people loving me for who i am,(whoever that is!) but i dont think i try to 'make' others love me, well at least not consciously.... i dunno..... i remember being deluded once though, and stuck all the pieces of a jigsaw in all the wrong places and got a real illusion.....:doh: you dont wanna know

as enfp, i think we tend to see the good in people more so, than whats wrong in them, we dont focus on the weaknesses too much, i would rather comment on a strong point than a weak one .(unless its really bad, and for me its about tact in these situ's, again, because i have feelings, everyone else has them too) i think its because i like to make people feel good about theirselves, it makes me feel good when others feel good about theirselves, but i have noticed it can backfire, especially when one already feels good about them selves enough already,........i dont know, maybe its time for the black hat! oh god no, i can see it now, everyone cower in the corner im going over to the other side.....:shock: the TJ side, there, i will make you scream .....:devil:

no really im a chikken, i cant.....those lovely NFs....... if it wernt for them, where would you all go to if you needed healing?:)