• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction

OiEarthGirl

MBTI Type
ENFP
I agree on the Ne overdrive. I wonder if others of you share my tendency to just completely detach and pretend not to be there? the only time I feel comfortable walking through a city crowd is when I'm listening to music, loudly. Then I'm able to pretend that I'm in an advanced cinema and the people around aren't really that close, aren't really that real. Then they can be dealt with as a single unit instead of a thousand impressions.

I can totally relate to this. I love going out for walks on my own but I can't do it if I don't have loud music blearing in my ears. Then I just go into my own little daydreamy world and become completely deteatched to everything around me. And when I get to that point I hate walking through crowds. I can't stand them being in my thinking space.

Another interesting thing (well interesting to me at least) is that my friends will always want to sit down on a bench and talk whereas I tire of my suroundings quickly and insist we walk and talk instead. And then they can't get over how fast I go!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am currently surrounded by six people.

And I am going insane.

I have my earphones on, and I desperately want them to leave.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Shadowrose

MBTI Type
ENTP
Huh. This's an interesting thread to read.. see, I love being in massive crowds of people. I suspect, on some level, it's because I tend to elevate myself into a different level than what I consider the unwashed masses.. as horrible as that sounds.. but I do rather genuinely enjoy it. I'm the person that tends to wander languidly down the sidewalk with throngs of people breaking around me. I find the difference fascinating. ^_^

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ughhh! A thread devoted to ENFP's? They're the worst! :rolli: :D

Well, Brother ENFJ, and what was THAT all about? Creating an opportunity for me to intuitively brainstorm? -

1) Was it sibling rivalry?
2) Maybe the green-eyed monster got you and you want a similar thread dedicated solely to ENFJs that gets as much attention?
3) Perhaps you have a close ENFP friend who you are teasing with this comment!
4) You were intrigued enough to post here but didn't want to display your stereotypical ENFJ side by being nice and making sure we all feel comfortable?
5) Or maybe you just want a reaction from us? After all, we're famous for our entertaining reactions. Hmmm, I think it will have to take the shape of ... many ENFPs turning into a single entity, glowing bright orange & rather tiger-shaped. It will charge towards you (we don't know how to walk, remember) at rocket speed and emit a sound like:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh....ahahaha!

(We were always quite good in the drama and special effects department).

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I walk FAST. Much faster than anyone I know.
My response? "I'm trying to get the frack away from everyone!!!" Crowd, stop crowding me!! You make me Ne go crazy!!!

LOL.

Preach it, sistah!:thumbup:

I never considered Ne to be the crowd hating source, but it's intuitively satisfying, so there you go. The other source (65% of it) is just personal space issues. Crowds = touching and shoving and disrespecting my bubble.

Probably not an ENFP thing, but does anyone else get aggressive when people run up and hug you, or when dudes on the bus sit with their legs open and invade your space? I hate that... :steam:

absoluteuncertainty

MBTI Type
ENFP
Probably not an ENFP thing, but does anyone else get aggressive when people run up and hug you, or when dudes on the bus sit with their legs open and invade your space? I hate that... :steam:

I wouldn't say I get aggressive when people run up and hug me, but hey sometimes I get confused when I can't remember who they are :headphne:

MBTI Type
ENFP
As I search these forums I realize the least posted about MBTI type is actually the enfp. It was rather shocking to me as I am an enfp, and I think we may be actually the least known of all the types.

Anyway I wanted to add a place in here for members to learn a little about this long lost type ;) and decided that enfp's could help you all understand us better.

:wubbie:

Could it be that the least posted about MBTI type is ENFP because we do all the talking? :rolleyes2:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Could it be that the least posted about MBTI type is ENFP because we do all the talking? :rolleyes2:

:threaten: Listen missy miss (boy do I hope you're a girl),

The point of this thread was for US to help THEM understand US. ...so replace that :rolli: with a :rolleyes: and have at it!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK here is the question for any ENFPs who would care to answer....

Let's say there were some tasks that you REALLY did not want/like to do. What "tactics" might you employ to get out of doing them given 'outright refusal' was not an option? If you have time could you also please explain the process of reasoning that would go into your answer(s).

1. I would rather not do that at the moment.

2. I have to work a lot.

3. I would appeal to the person's logic. Do you think it is FAIR for me to do that when I work like 14 hours a day???

4. Let's wait and see.

5. Change the subject.

6. A really unhealthy way, that I do not do anymore, is to say yes, realize you are way over your head, and then try to think of a logical reason why you couldn't do it, which always used to backfire in my face because my Te is tertiary.

7. Try to distract the person by acting like a crazy nut.

8. Just leave the unironed wash in the corner for two months. Try to see if my husband will do it. He does not. So I guess I betta do it before it needs to be washed again.

9. Ignore the subject.

10. Final resort - say NO.

Rogue

MBTI Type
ENFP
enfps are great fun. i think i saw this said in another thread here or on intpc but you can give an enfp any kind of input and they will make it fun or funny.

i could go on, but the basic principle here is everyone should have an enfp friend :hug:

Awww! Can I be your ENFP friend?:hi:

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I think ENFJs are more fictional-like. INFJs second.