• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Interesting. One good friend of mine is an EnFP, and we get along well - she's so adorable! But I have a sneaking suspicion if I was to be cooped up with her for too long, we'd get on each other's nerves very quickly.

I didn't think she was an ENFP at first - she definitely didn't strike me as OMG that's ME! But now that I'm paying attention, she does deal with things and react in similar ways to me. So it's subtle, but naturally a type is going to look differently to you from the outside as opposed to 'the inside'. :p

And I think a friend I used to know over the internet was, in retrospect, quite a strong ENFP. Possibly ENFJ. Incredibly charismatic, childlike in his joy for some things, always finding totally irrelevant things to comment about and make interesting, chatty and friendly, but still a bit shy and insecure when it came down to it. :)

Clentizene

MBTI Type
enfp
OK here is the question for any ENFPs who would care to answer....

Let's say there were some tasks that you REALLY did not want/like to do. What "tactics" might you employ to get out of doing them given 'outright refusal' was not an option? If you have time could you also please explain the process of reasoning that would go into your answer(s).

My tactic is just to ignore. Then babble about nothing, generally a topic I know they are interested in, but not too interested as to know what I'm up to. This maintains until they are so swamped with random thoughts that they have to leave and reconsider something. The logic is I got to have a pointless conversation for X amount of time and they might of got something out of it, so I can rest easy that night knowing I'm not selfish.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Some questions for you guys:

Can you handle the bitter truth?
Pssht, I'm genetically built to handle truth, regardless of how bitter, painful or shocking it may or may not be.

And speaking of "the truth", I am reminded of this great song:

YouTube - The Truth by Handsome Boy Modeling School

Are you immediately inclined to defensiveness? (defensiveness or defensive mechanisms like denial, regression, repression, etc.)
I can be defensive, yes, but I tend to be inclined to defend any point or person I think is worthy of defense.

Do you do before you think? Do you regularly consider the consequences of your actions?
Sometimes I do not think before I speak, because, in conversation, thinking and speaking occur damn near simultaneously for me, (with thinking fractionally being in the lead, obviously ;)). So if you consider speaking an action, then the answer to your question is, at times, no. However, I rarely commit, "actions of consequence", before intense deliberation.

Authenticity or Loyalty? Authenticity - be yourself and force the world to adapt to you. Loyalty - sacrafice your own self interests for those around you and adapt to the world.
I value both. Though, truth be told, I find your definitions to be a bit screwy. :shock:

I'm big into authenticity and I believe that engaging in habitual loyalty *can be* a foolish and potentially dangerous endeavor at times, therefore on second thought, authenticity wins. :yes:

Last question: Are you one of them damn sophists?
Lol, hell no.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Janewaycropped.JPG

"I'm just going to have to give up coffee, that's all there is to it." xD

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Wow, I'm only on page 18 of this thread but I had to stop and register to post. I have not met another ENFP IRL and I have to say that it is totally awesome to see so many people very similar to me and that just 'get it.'

I always have a hard time describing myself to others. In a way I am full of contradictions, but contradictions is not the right word.

The second skin, I totally identify with, although I strive to be myself at all times I find it very difficult because I am so intune with others that it *is* myself to be at their level while communicating to them.

Well, back to reading, I can't tell you how excited I am!

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Wow, I'm only on page 18 of this thread but I had to stop and register to post. I have not met another ENFP IRL and I have to say that it is totally awesome to see so many people very similar to me and that just 'get it.'

I always have a hard time describing myself to others. In a way I am full of contradictions, but contradictions is not the right word.

The second skin, I totally identify with, although I strive to be myself at all times I find it very difficult because I am so intune with others that it *is* myself to be at their level while communicating to them.

Well, back to reading, I can't tell you how excited I am!

I love that user name!

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I don't know how to explain to her that I am still actually myself, I can just emphasize points of myself, and hide other points to fit in each different crowd.. yes I think everyone is cool in their own way, they have their good sides and bad sides, and I like to focus on their good sides. She thinks people should focus on ALL sides, all the time, whether it causes them pain or discomfort.

Sounds like my INTP friend and my ESTP bro...they have this yearning for absolute pureness, perfection and sincerity in everything in friends...it's very idealistic in a way. I deal with people much more like you describe and this comes natural to me...I was very surprised to find that this was an issue for my ESTP bro.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Sometimes I do not think before I speak, because, in conversation, thinking and speaking occur damn near simultaneously for me, (with thinking fractionally being in the lead, obviously ;)).

Dang, they forgot to install the brain to mouth filter on you too. My biggest pet-peve is not being able to wait on people to finish their dang slow ass longwinded responses so I have to finish it for them.

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Wonderful to meet you all! A newly found-out ENFP here. I was a bit apprehensive about what my profile & type would say while I was filling out my MBTI, but was pleasantly surprised to find it indicated strengths that I'd forgotten are strengths! I feel more comfortable in my own skin after analysing my personality and happy to be an ENFP. Our scattered thinking gives us creativity, flexibility, imagination & a curiosity about all things, our intuition the ability to read people who are trying to be mysterious, our extroversion and feeling gives us the joy of being with others and learning new things from them. Isn't it great to have a natural tendency to be brimming with enthusiasm? Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I've really enjoyed reading all your postings. It's like I've found a huge bunch of twin souls all at once! My ENFP enthusiasm will soon be like the magic porridge pot...

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I feel most comfortable and...homely when reading INTPs and ENFPs.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wonderful to meet you all! A newly found-out ENFP here. I was a bit apprehensive about what my profile & type would say while I was filling out my MBTI, but was pleasantly surprised to find it indicated strengths that I'd forgotten are strengths! I feel more comfortable in my own skin after analysing my personality and happy to be an ENFP. Our scattered thinking gives us creativity, flexibility, imagination & a curiosity about all things, our intuition the ability to read people who are trying to be mysterious, our extroversion and feeling gives us the joy of being with others and learning new things from them. Isn't it great to have a natural tendency to be brimming with enthusiasm? Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I've really enjoyed reading all your postings. It's like I've found a huge bunch of twin souls all at once! My ENFP enthusiasm will soon be like the magic porridge pot...

Welcome to the bunch! Great to have you. :) I hope you'll soon feel right at home with us.

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thanks, LadyJaye and Colmena. I think I will feel right at home here. Since I did my MBTI I've noticed that I really do get on with NFs and NTs the most. I'm just comfortable with NFs. With NTs I love to watch them solve problems, their genius minds ticking. I can get on with Ss as well, but only SFs and better if they are introverted ones, otherwise it becomes too much.

I enjoy a good banter with my INTJ colleague who seems to enjoy my craziness in return. A certain suspected INTP sets me on fire and always leaves me lost for words while I have a funny effect on him as well. He seems to fire loads of little questions at me and smiles way too much. The intense social awkwardness still shines through but it is very cute. The genius brain is amazing. There's something odd going on but it has been odd for a long time so I'm not holding my breath.

Do any other ENFPs feel overwhelmed when walking through very crowded areas with a lot going on around them? I always feel very sensitive, like I want to interpret every sight, sound, smell, but can't deal with them all at once. Probably my Ne going into overdrive.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do any other ENFPs feel overwhelmed when walking through very crowded areas with a lot going on around them? I always feel very sensitive, like I want to interpret every sight, sound, smell, but can't deal with them all at once. Probably my Ne going into overdrive.

I do this as well - I love being out amongst people, but it takes me a little while to absorb what I'm seeing/hearing/smelling, like my senses are overwhelmed for a little while, though I'm not feeling like I need to escape from it. I have an INTJ guy friend who likes to go out with me and my twin sister ( because he thinks the majority of humans are nefarious and therefore he needs to shield us from the villains :D ), and when I'm having sensory overload, I just hold on to his arm and let him walk us through crowds while I try to process all of the new stimulus.

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's good to know I'm not the only one who suffers from this sensory overload in crowded places! It's odd, because I love being among people too. Just that when I'm in a place like a busy city centre, that's when my Ne goes into overdrive. There's just far too much to process all at once. Must be useful to have an arm to hang onto in these situations!

I can't remember which of the ENFPs said in previous posts that they only know how to run, and not how to walk - but I'm exactly like this as well. I'm always being teased about it. Heaven help anyone who is trying to catch up with me from behind if I haven't heard or seen them. Before they can shout my name, I'll have paced off as fast as I can over the hills and far away, far out into the horizon!

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I agree on the Ne overdrive. I wonder if others of you share my tendency to just completely detach and pretend not to be there? the only time I feel comfortable walking through a city crowd is when I'm listening to music, loudly. Then I'm able to pretend that I'm in an advanced cinema and the people around aren't really that close, aren't really that real. Then they can be dealt with as a single unit instead of a thousand impressions.

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't exactly detach and pretend not to be there, but I wonder if it might be a good idea? I just try to focus on one thing at a time (and usually don't suceed at it). After about half an hour in a very crowded environment with a lot going on, I often feel very tired. This seems to feed into the "Do ENFPs need time on their own more than other extroverts" question that has been discussed numerous times on other threads.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Ughhh! A thread devoted to ENFP's? They're the worst! :rolli: :D

I agree on the Ne overdrive. I wonder if others of you share my tendency to just completely detach and pretend not to be there? the only time I feel comfortable walking through a city crowd is when I'm listening to music, loudly.

Which mp3 player are you rockin when you venture out?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I can't remember which of the ENFPs said in previous posts that they only know how to run, and not how to walk - but I'm exactly like this as well. I'm always being teased about it. Heaven help anyone who is trying to catch up with me from behind if I haven't heard or seen them. Before they can shout my name, I'll have paced off as fast as I can over the hills and far away, far out into the horizon!

I walk FAST. Much faster than anyone I know. It doesn't help that I also speed walk for excercise on my own.

Especially on weekend night crowds and the metro, I'm flying. I grew up in an extremely dense urban environment in my teens so I'm a freakin PRO at cutting a path through crowds like a hot knife through buttah.

Anywhoo, sometimes my friends notice this and ask why I'm walking so fast. Once my drunk ISTJ friend grabbed my bag and said, 'Where are you going? You have to walk with the crowd!"

My response? "I'm trying to get the frack away from everyone!!!" Crowd, stop crowding me!! You make me Ne go crazy!!!

LOL.