User Tag List

First 36444546

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    If cheating goes against the principles of the ENFP (and I think it's against the principles of most people), they will not do it. This behavior is not an issue with a mature ENFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    mature ENFPs (with highly developed Fi) can have very strong moral values that impose some restraint.
    If it is against his values to cheat, he may simply drop the relationship and opt for the other. I have been guilty of this several times myself, and it is not much more morally sensible than the former.

And OP, ENFP's are talked about ALL the time. ENFP's and INT's i think are the three most talked about on this forum, and S types are rightly ignored altogether.

To add to the thread in a more constructive way, I am told sometimes that someone is checking his own behavior, as they believe that I am dissecting them. In truth, I am dissecting them. I have studied psychology for some time, and while I can't help but notice constant patterns of behavior emerging, so are these categorized into possible meanings according to psychological theory and patterns that I have noticed myself. But, contrary to what they believe, (evident by the fact that they are apprehensive before me), I am not judging them by any means. Only recognizing and categorizing behavior.
    Last night at dinner a new acquaintance said, "I feel like you are studying or reading me, do you study psychology? [paraphrased:] and so I am apprehensive about my own words and actions." I was a bit taken back, and perhaps I should have reassured him that I am not psychoanalyzing...just eating pasta. But my curiosity got the best of me, and I replied:

"Are you hiding something"?

"No"

"Then why the apprehension?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    ..... I am told sometimes that someone is checking his own behavior, as they believe that I am dissecting them. In truth, I am dissecting them. I have studied psychology for some time, and while I can't help but notice constant patterns of behavior emerging, so are these categorized into possible meanings according to psychological theory and patterns that I have noticed myself. But, contrary to what they believe, (evident by the fact that they are apprehensive before me), I am not judging them by any means. Only recognizing and categorizing behavior.
    Yeah, I can relate to this 100%.

Fortunately, it seems like most people I know sense that I'm not judging them.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    PS I just created a similar thread with a poll attached and merged it with Lady X's thread - so now you can vote! ^^

I am a 7w6. Enneagram is tricky with the wings and it took me forever to figure it out. I tested strongly as 2 before Lady Jaye - and frankly it made me mad. I was going through some super emotional things at the time and feeling taken advantage of, so I think that had something to do with it. I also have tested as 4 and disliked the 'emo' label. I tested originally as 7 but it seemed so cliche and I thought it was more a coming of age thing - most 'youngins' have a "seven like" period in their lives and I wanted to be grown.

Sooooo, basically after a lot of re-testing and reading on type, I think 7 is a safe bet.

I wish I were more 7 w 8 and that is bossy, in your face, and more classic ENFJ (haha) like but I am 7 w 6 and the description fits me well, especially the "a lot of comedians are 7 w 6" as we soften and redirect the harsher and scarier aspects of life through humor and reframing and underplay a sentinel like vigilance to life.
    Well now I feel like the weirdo ENFP. LOL. You may be on to something about the stress aspect, but I tested so strongly as a Two, I'm kind of surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    I kind of go back and forth between type 2 and 7.
    That makes me feel a little better. lol Seven wasn't even in my top three! I had eight and four in a dead tie. Is there something odd about it not even showing up?!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    my wing is 8 and i identify with that more than i do 4.
    My wing is 8 too, however I have found that during epsiodes of depression etc I often type as a four, and I read somewhere that type 7s often do mistype as fours, courtesy of the shared sense of melancholy both can feel. I can be pretty assertive so I understand why my wing would be 8 but often I do feel as emotionally intense and as curiously unrelatable and different/isolated as a "typical" type four may feel.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    ErinAvery compelled me to take the enneagram, and I'm a Type 2, with a wing of 8 and 4 in a dead tie. I don't know what that means, in context to other ENFP's. Is that common?
    I'm confused, the wing is supposed to be how much you relate to the types on either side, or so I was led to believe. Being a type 7 I can be either 7 wing 6 or 7 wing 8, I am baffled as to how you could be a type 2 with a wing four or a wing 8, both are too far away. what website was this?

MBTI
    ENFJ

i noticed that enfp's have a way of interpreting circumstances, that can manipulate the thoughts of the person they choose as long as that person was involved in those circumstances.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 7thsomebody View Post
    I'm confused, the wing is supposed to be how much you relate to the types on either side, or so I was led to believe. Being a type 7 I can be either 7 wing 6 or 7 wing 8, I am baffled as to how you could be a type 2 with a wing four or a wing 8, both are too far away. what website was this?
    It was something Jeffster threw at me. I have no idea which one, but I can ask. The way it was stated on the site, your highest score was your primary type, and your next highest score was your wing.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    i noticed that enfp's have a way of interpreting circumstances, that can manipulate the thoughts of the person they choose as long as that person was involved in those circumstances.
    Hmmm, can you explain?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

the best description of ENFP I've red is "ENFPs will make up excuse to talk to you, to study you from close" LOL. so true I do that all the time. i just need to know about somebody everything, people just fascinate me.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hmmm, can you explain?
    It's the way they choose to interpret it. Like for instance I would be with an ENFP and say well what do you want to do? They would say I don't know or care. Then I'd suggest somewhere and we'd go. If they did not have a good time then they'd blame me for dragging them out when in fact they weren't forced to come. They can victimize themselves in quite the convincing fashion and say that they are not the one's at fault. Kind of like Heidegger's (sp) inauthentic person, stating that they are just victims of life and they have little or no control. BUT I know an ENFP who I respect a lot and he is truly a champion.