User Tag List

First 344243444546 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    hmmm... i might be reading this wrong, but here: ENFP facts
    That sounds sketa-McSketchy. Developing physical symptoms is not a coping mechanism. It's simply a symptom (probably of a lack of coping mechanisms). At the same time, I don't even realize I'm stressed-out half the time until I develop physical symptoms. Thus, this all seems sketchy. They don't even give a reference! It's an outrage, I say!

(Not a personal attack, and despite my vigor, I don't actually care that much one way or the other.)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    That sounds sketa-McSketchy. Developing physical symptoms is not a coping mechanism. It's simply a symptom (probably of a lack of coping mechanisms). At the same time, I don't even realize I'm stressed-out half the time until I develop physical symptoms. Thus, this all seems sketchy. They don't even give a reference! It's an outrage, I say!

(Not a personal attack, and despite my vigor, I don't actually care that much one way or the other.)
    ::pulls out big book'o'stats::

There are.. 12 coping methods listed:
    Try to avoid stressful situations
    Confront the problem
    Talk to someone close
    Talk to professional
    Rely on religious beliefs
    Try to think of options
    Get upset or angry but don't show it
    Get upset or angry and show it
    Develop physical symptoms
    Sleep
    Exercise
    Watch television

The answers came from a national sample, where they sent about 16,000 households surveys. It was part of the analysis of the entire MBTI thingamajig. Anywho, participants were allowed to check as many boxes as applied.

ENFPs listed "Develop Physical Symptoms" more commonly than all other 15 types. I was wrong, earlier, huh. If you're curious, ESTPs rated this lowest of the 16 types. ENFPs also rated 3rd highest on "Talk to a Professional", 3rd lowest on "Try to avoid stressful situations", and 3rd lowest on "Watch television".

I like my big book of stats. It amuses me greatly. ^_^

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    We are good at swallowing.

Assuming these are things assigned to me by other people:

- postpone doing the task (or hint at the fact that you may have to)
    You have to ease your way out of it...make yourself seem difficult. Hopefully there will be someone else better or more available-seeming for the job that could take over for you..
    This includes hiding when they come looking for you, not showing up and making excuses when they set times to talk to you, shying away from topics, etc.

- make other lame excuses
    If they refuse to accept them then they'll seem inconsiderate...

- fake a breakdown (either emotional or physical - whichever is most convenient)
    People never see me this way. They'll inevitably feel bad for me..

- explain why you sincerely cannot do it
    Most reasonable people should understand my reasonable reason as to why I wouldn't want to do whatever it is...

- slowly shut off more and more of you to them until they get the picture
    Note: this is the last resort
    I am one to respond to people as much as possible. Showing that I am no longer willing to communicate with them serves a double purpose.

God I love this, its not just me who resorts to evil tactics with the best of intentions lol
    Your personality type is ENFP.
    Extraverted (E) 100% Introverted (I) 0%
    Intuitive (N) 91% Sensing (S) 9%
    Feeling (F) 90% Thinking (T) 10%
    Perceiving (P) 100% Judging (J) 0%

The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again I'd make all the same mistakes - only sooner.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I especially like ENFPs and work with quite a few in the arts. I typically come out of the interaction and friendships with the feeling that they are more important to me than i am to them. I kinda get the introverted-extrovert thing, but the ENFPs i know are distracted to a significant degree socially. Their charm exceeds any slight and it is basically impossible not to warm up to them instantly. They may have the most charisma of all the types. They do tend to be amazingly creative and warm. One of my all time favorite types. It is difficult to hold their attention for long. I find it necessary to keep them at arm's length emotionally for a while, so i don't get sucked into their charm and end up hurt when they move on.

We are not all like this though honey, I have huge amounts of charm lol, but loyalty is fiercely important to me. And I am not a fair weather kind of bitch... unless you bore me lol. but to be fair if you do bore me I try my best to fix you before abandoning you
    Your personality type is ENFP.
    Extraverted (E) 100% Introverted (I) 0%
    Intuitive (N) 91% Sensing (S) 9%
    Feeling (F) 90% Thinking (T) 10%
    Perceiving (P) 100% Judging (J) 0%

The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again I'd make all the same mistakes - only sooner.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Hey there ENFPS! I知 an ENFP and I was following these threads yesterday, then decided to join. I can really relate to what everyone has said.
    My names Laura, I知 18. All the things I致e read are true, like I too take a while to warm up at a gathering so I can appear quite, but then once I find the fun looking people, I知 completely myself - funny, talkative and when drunk, very philosophical and also even sillier. I saw someone say that with their ENFP friend they laugh for hours with sore abs, I had to laugh! Because this is soo familiar, when I知 with my friends, we laugh for hours and our abs really feel like they致e had a good gym workout! And we cry from laughter and say 選 CAN探 BREATHE! Sometimes, we feel like we池e dying from laughter. Good times!

I think friends treat us like their personal counselor. My friend calls me Buddha for it hahahah, but I saw someone say that people don稚 often know when WE need help, we so readily and easily help everyone else with their issues but we like to appear strong, and when we need advise, where is it?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hi and welcome lulu.

haven't read this thread maybe i will.

i don't know about you but i actually feel more comfortable giving advice. it's rare that i decide to seek it out but when i do it has to be someone i really trust and who's values align with my own.
    There can窶冲 be any large-scale revolution until there窶冱 a personal revolution, on an individual level. It窶冱 got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

JESUS CHRIST THE PURPLE TEXT HURTS

i am beginning to wonder if NLP is actually an ability hardcoded into ENFPs. the use of dirty tactics seems to imply something of the like. i know that i have been using dirty tactics too, although i'm never making excuses up. i can also agree on the introverted extrovertedness. i enjoy being with people, but i enjoy being alone as well.

someone i have been asking girls who have been into me what exactly makes me attractive. all of them have responded similarly, "there's something mystical about you" or "it's that look in your eyes". are ENFPs really these mystical entities?
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

what is nlp? and dirty tactics? i don't like the sound of that! i guess i'll have to read this so i can defend whatever that's all about. : /
    There can窶冲 be any large-scale revolution until there窶冱 a personal revolution, on an individual level. It窶冱 got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    GONE

NLP - Neuro Linguistic Programming

You can wiki it. I haven't followed this thread closely, maybe someone was talking about it earlier?

Also, I have to say that when Targo first created this thread, there were a small handful of self-identified ENFPs on the site (I can remember Targo, ArcticAngel, Alcea Rosea, FindTheJake, myself, Gabe posted infrequently - then Lady Jaye and Captain Chick also joined the fray) but since then the site has boomed and there are lots of ENFP identified members.

This has been really eye opening for me because after reading and following a lot more posts from a lot more ENFPs, I realize a few things

1) age skew makes a HUGE difference between ENFPs and POV, I definitely feel like I'm at a different place then someone who is in their late teens or early 20s. I honesty feel like a lot 'ENFP' ness continues to develop until at least your mid-20s. I think it has to do with the development of Fi and supportive functions that protect and draw out Fi into the real world. My Fi was like a raw pulsing sore that never fully scabbed over until my mid-20s. I felt like I was walking through life with no shield and do you know how terrifying and traumatic that is for an Fi dom?!?!? And on this site I was really shocked to find so many negative stories about histrionic, manipulative, and selfish ENFPs - it sounded so alien to me. But - apparently a lot of bad apples exist. I think it's mostly something folks will grow out of?

2) Te/Ti/Fe make HUGE differences between ENFPs. An ENFP with very high Fe will seem more like an INFP or ENFJ in terms of peacemaking and taking care of others. An ENFP with high Te/Ti will be more confrontational and even argumentative and seem more like an XNTP. And an ENFP with high Ni will just seem kookier...

3) The biggest trait that differentiates ENFPs though IMO though is how much introspection and hard decisions that people have made for themselves. Basically, who has stepped up to the plate to be themselves, and who is still getting ready for that first inning. Every person/type has to do this but especially for ENFPS, we have to figure out what our core values and Fi is about and what we stand for.

Basically ENFPs must live a highly examined life and take a long, hard, brutal look at ourselves and be totally honest about why we do what we do and why we are who we are. It's only after hitting rock bottom (because the finality of reality is REALLY hard to deal with for any NP, especially idealistic ENFPs) and making a decision to basically live like an adult and not in fantasy that ENFPs start really kicking ass at life and just being more truly humane, effective, and compassionate people.

Of course, it's also an ongoing process and in some ways, never completely 'ends'.

Oh yeah, and confidence plays a HUGE factor (which again, can be tied into Fi, because until you feel secure that your Fi is grounded and safe and you can protect it, you will hide in a corner until it's safe to come out)

Um, yeah, I think that long observation belongs in this thread...
    窶廬f you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.窶 窶 Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" 窶 Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    what is nlp? and dirty tactics? i don't like the sound of that! i guess i'll have to read this so i can defend whatever that's all about. : /
    it was in response to niffer's post.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes