User Tag List

First 303839404142 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Wonderful to meet you all! A newly found-out ENFP here. I was a bit apprehensive about what my profile & type would say while I was filling out my MBTI, but was pleasantly surprised to find it indicated strengths that I'd forgotten are strengths! I feel more comfortable in my own skin after analysing my personality and happy to be an ENFP. Our scattered thinking gives us creativity, flexibility, imagination & a curiosity about all things, our intuition the ability to read people who are trying to be mysterious, our extroversion and feeling gives us the joy of being with others and learning new things from them. Isn't it great to have a natural tendency to be brimming with enthusiasm? Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I've really enjoyed reading all your postings. It's like I've found a huge bunch of twin souls all at once! My ENFP enthusiasm will soon be like the magic porridge pot...

MBTI
    INXP

I feel most comfortable and...homely when reading INTPs and ENFPs.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ConchShell View Post
    Wonderful to meet you all! A newly found-out ENFP here. I was a bit apprehensive about what my profile & type would say while I was filling out my MBTI, but was pleasantly surprised to find it indicated strengths that I'd forgotten are strengths! I feel more comfortable in my own skin after analysing my personality and happy to be an ENFP. Our scattered thinking gives us creativity, flexibility, imagination & a curiosity about all things, our intuition the ability to read people who are trying to be mysterious, our extroversion and feeling gives us the joy of being with others and learning new things from them. Isn't it great to have a natural tendency to be brimming with enthusiasm? Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I've really enjoyed reading all your postings. It's like I've found a huge bunch of twin souls all at once! My ENFP enthusiasm will soon be like the magic porridge pot...
    Welcome to the bunch! Great to have you. I hope you'll soon feel right at home with us.

MBTI
    ENFP

Thanks, LadyJaye and Colmena. I think I will feel right at home here. Since I did my MBTI I've noticed that I really do get on with NFs and NTs the most. I'm just comfortable with NFs. With NTs I love to watch them solve problems, their genius minds ticking. I can get on with Ss as well, but only SFs and better if they are introverted ones, otherwise it becomes too much.

I enjoy a good banter with my INTJ colleague who seems to enjoy my craziness in return. A certain suspected INTP sets me on fire and always leaves me lost for words while I have a funny effect on him as well. He seems to fire loads of little questions at me and smiles way too much. The intense social awkwardness still shines through but it is very cute. The genius brain is amazing. There's something odd going on but it has been odd for a long time so I'm not holding my breath.

Do any other ENFPs feel overwhelmed when walking through very crowded areas with a lot going on around them? I always feel very sensitive, like I want to interpret every sight, sound, smell, but can't deal with them all at once. Probably my Ne going into overdrive.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Do any other ENFPs feel overwhelmed when walking through very crowded areas with a lot going on around them? I always feel very sensitive, like I want to interpret every sight, sound, smell, but can't deal with them all at once. Probably my Ne going into overdrive.
    I do this as well - I love being out amongst people, but it takes me a little while to absorb what I'm seeing/hearing/smelling, like my senses are overwhelmed for a little while, though I'm not feeling like I need to escape from it. I have an INTJ guy friend who likes to go out with me and my twin sister ( because he thinks the majority of humans are nefarious and therefore he needs to shield us from the villains ), and when I'm having sensory overload, I just hold on to his arm and let him walk us through crowds while I try to process all of the new stimulus.

MBTI
    ENFP

It's good to know I'm not the only one who suffers from this sensory overload in crowded places! It's odd, because I love being among people too. Just that when I'm in a place like a busy city centre, that's when my Ne goes into overdrive. There's just far too much to process all at once. Must be useful to have an arm to hang onto in these situations!

I can't remember which of the ENFPs said in previous posts that they only know how to run, and not how to walk - but I'm exactly like this as well. I'm always being teased about it. Heaven help anyone who is trying to catch up with me from behind if I haven't heard or seen them. Before they can shout my name, I'll have paced off as fast as I can over the hills and far away, far out into the horizon!

MBTI
    WOLF

I agree on the Ne overdrive. I wonder if others of you share my tendency to just completely detach and pretend not to be there? the only time I feel comfortable walking through a city crowd is when I'm listening to music, loudly. Then I'm able to pretend that I'm in an advanced cinema and the people around aren't really that close, aren't really that real. Then they can be dealt with as a single unit instead of a thousand impressions.
    From Blackwater's ENFP Fluff-O-Meter:

The Wolf - manages to put on a happy face as a means to an end; challenges the soft spots of fellow human beings to "know where he has them"; gloomy and misanthropic.

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't exactly detach and pretend not to be there, but I wonder if it might be a good idea? I just try to focus on one thing at a time (and usually don't suceed at it). After about half an hour in a very crowded environment with a lot going on, I often feel very tired. This seems to feed into the "Do ENFPs need time on their own more than other extroverts" question that has been discussed numerous times on other threads.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Ughhh! A thread devoted to ENFP's? They're the worst! :rolli:

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    I agree on the Ne overdrive. I wonder if others of you share my tendency to just completely detach and pretend not to be there? the only time I feel comfortable walking through a city crowd is when I'm listening to music, loudly.
    Which mp3 player are you rockin when you venture out?

MBTI
    GONE

I can't remember which of the ENFPs said in previous posts that they only know how to run, and not how to walk - but I'm exactly like this as well. I'm always being teased about it. Heaven help anyone who is trying to catch up with me from behind if I haven't heard or seen them. Before they can shout my name, I'll have paced off as fast as I can over the hills and far away, far out into the horizon!
    I walk FAST. Much faster than anyone I know. It doesn't help that I also speed walk for excercise on my own.

Especially on weekend night crowds and the metro, I'm flying. I grew up in an extremely dense urban environment in my teens so I'm a freakin PRO at cutting a path through crowds like a hot knife through buttah.

Anywhoo, sometimes my friends notice this and ask why I'm walking so fast. Once my drunk ISTJ friend grabbed my bag and said, 'Where are you going? You have to walk with the crowd!"

My response? "I'm trying to get the frack away from everyone!!!" Crowd, stop crowding me!! You make me Ne go crazy!!!

LOL.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari