User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Okay here goes...

ENFPs are elusive like big, puffy, white clouds that make you feel light and happy, that make you imagination wondrous images and possibilities. They are ideal and difficult to grasp. They drift on their own wavelength gently across the sky. You can't catch them, but only wait until they grace your skies with hope and inspiration.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    ENFP

^ Some people say that about me... Like, that is how they feel at times when I'm with them...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    Here is my take on why ENFPs are not talked about much. I don't ask many questions not from lack of interest but because they seem exceptionally sensitive. I am an NF myself and it can be tough even for me to say it the 'right way'. I always feel as though I have to word things super carefully lest I risk offending them. ENFPs are also 'feel good' people and are very well liked. I think they are able to get away or fly under the radar for negative behaviors because over all they are so very charming. Conflict with them from my experience can turn into a lose/lose situation if done improperly. The 2 routes I have seen it go were "in your face over-reaction" OR "you have hurt my feelings really bad" (even if you thought you were careful!). I think the "shy extrovert" can actually play against them too if they choose not to tell you they are upset. They can stay angry for a long time without saying anything about it or showing it. I dislike conflict but would rather get it out of the way usually then hide resentment. I love ENFPs like most people but sometimes they make me have to think too much when it comes to diplomacy.
    But this is half the reason of why they're fun. Ride the wave baby!!!

I've known Dom since high school and we regularly clash heads. It's how we sort stuff out. I've kinda gotten used to the bluster. Most of the time is just to appear as though it's important. Almost like reassuring themselves by making something big out of it. Hell Dom never minds if I fight back.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

I have to wonder how male and female enfp's differ....
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

I have an enfp thought.... hhhhmmmm for some reason I feel compelled to share but in another breath I feel fear rising with in me and squelching out my voice. *sigh*

So I hear much talk about how enfp's tend to dance in and dance out of peoples lives and that you all find it a pleasure to have that. But some how I think there needs to be more clarification to what you may perceive to be going on...

As an enfp I realize that I can be a bit harder to take at times and get the distinct impression that I am better handled in small doses. I am so concerned at times with how others see me and the impressions that I make that I walk around almost in fear so as not to offend anyone. As never is it my intention to offend, yet sometimes I speak without thinking and while in my heart my intention were good it never seems to come across that way, and incidentally people get hurt.

For me personally I have built up walls to protect me from this, I stand back a bit more and second guess my every action. In my mind it's never that I have dropped a friendship rather that I sense that I have hurt someone and that it's better for me to give space.

As for enfp's I am not sure if that is always the case, and I know as we age we develop more of our personalities.

Just a thought I had that is all.....
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

I can relate a lot with the ENFJs who say they put so much pressure on themselves to relate as perfectly as possible...if I recall an important interaction with someone, I often think in terms of interpersonal goals, I will feel good if I felt I made that person comfortable overall, if I wanted to persuade, that I did that in a palatable way, that was empathetic & convincing, that if I was asking lots of questions & learning about them, that it was playful & nonthreatening........if I feel I failed at all in these goals, I'll really feel yucky about it, & try to somehow remedy it the next time, by backing off, or somehow modulating the interaction, so hopefully their overall impression is some moderate view of my tactics, but that's probably not the case!

I adore moderation in theory, but I think I tend to be dramatic, dependent on my mood most of the time.........whether it be nosy, sentimental, pushy, or talkative.

MBTI
    ENTP

My little sister is ENFP, and she's very sweet, and we goof around a lot. When we are left by ourselves we have a lot of fun, but we don't always understand eachother either. We work it out though. We share a sense of humor, which helps. However, she gets grumpy when she doesn't get exercise, and then I hide. She can be a bit sensitive, but she's always known her older sister is oblivious, so all's good.
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

MBTI
    IXTX

ENFPs are so nice xD

They seem so free-spirited, pursuing life-long fulfillment, instead of being bound by standards of the surrounding pressure. -_-;

Always positive, full of enthusiasm and dare, nothing seems daunting to them.

Just my observation as a ISTJ.

MBTI
    WOLF

I can really recognize a lot of myself in what has been written. A few of the topics that came up in this thread:

Grass is greener/cheating. Yes, years ago. Not now. If I'm in a relationship I respect my partner's wishes. That's all there is to it, no matter how indifferent I am to the cheating aspect myself. You could say my morals are slightly twisted in that respect, but I don't see it matters what my motivations are if the end-result is the same.

Spontaneity: definitely.

Appearing distant, drifting out of people's lives: In my case, it's not the way it works. I'm afraid of wasting another person's time, so it's very seldom I initiate contact. Give me the go-ahead, and I'll be all yours during the time spent together. In regards to knowing when others value me as a person, then yes, I'm oblivious. Knowing when somebody is interested in the more physical aspects rather than my mind: at a glance.

Non-conflict engaging/confrontational. I'll usually let people talk and seem neutral to what they are saying, since it's a much easier way to learn more than if I'm screaming my head off. I just take a mental step back and analyse instead of getting emotionally involved. All the little pieces of a jigsaw puzzle that was needed but missing will appear when the other party is angered or badmouthing somebody. It'll tell me what I need to know about a person and whether or not to employ new tactics in avoiding them or keeping them at safer distance. Once in a while, I will blow up. It's better not to be on the receiving end of that, although it's been some years since I was in a fight. If people annoy me enough, I'll usually lash out verbally, either by a) sarcasm, irony, defamation of character etc. or b) by leading the opposing party in mental circles until they're in a state of absolute confusion and anger. I'm sorry to say that I did this to my mother often as a teen. Boredom, flexing my muscles, being anti-authority. We were both very different from what we are now and have a great relationship these days.

Something I don't think has really been touched is manipulation. As a teen, I had great plans to stop being manipulative and most of the time, I don't think I am. Then I realise that, for me, it's a reflex, and paired with bad judgement can lead to awful results. You must understand that manipulation isn't used for evil, but can be a misguided attempt to do good. The worst thing is that it will work and fool most people.

From observational and anecdotal data found in my real life, I gather that a lot of ENFPs wear masks or second skin, so closely resembling who they really are that it's hard to tell it's there. But it is, and it's a bitch to shed, because it's like acting when you don't even know you're playing a role. I think this ties in with the whole sensitivity issue. I get hurt very easily, but I usually won't tell the offender, because that would seem a sign of weakness. I avoid confrontations and situations where I'll risk getting shouted at. It's much easier to bend around obstacles than removing them. Actually being myself, the absolutely, totally genuine and not-just-so-close-to-reality-that-you won't-know-the-difference me, is one of the hardest things I ever have to do. It leaves me vulnerable to attacks I can't just let bounce off the surface.

Ha. I've written a novel.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Actually being myself, the absolutely, totally genuine and not-just-so-close-to-reality-that-you won't-know-the-difference me, is one of the hardest things I ever have to do. It leaves me vulnerable to attacks I can't just let bounce off the surface.
    When you shed your skin, how can you tell?
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D