User Tag List

First 283637383940 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post

Fellow ENFPs, have you guys ever considered that perhaps, we're too awesome!?!?!?!?
    I agree that we're pretty awesome in some of the ways you're talking about there, but it definitely comes at a great cost...
    Like I would KILL to be able to do things like concentrate in class and on my homework and be able to get things done before the 11th hour. Or to be able to like and be sure of myself without requiring everyone else in the room to like me first. Or be a little less gullible and a little less spacey. Etc, etc...

MBTI
    JIxT

Some questions for you guys:

Can you handle the bitter truth?

Are you immediately inclined to defensiveness? (defensiveness or defensive mechanisms like denial, regression, repression, etc.)

Do you do before you think? Do you regularly consider the consequences of your actions?

Authenticity or Loyalty? Authenticity - be yourself and force the world to adapt to you. Loyalty - sacrafice your own self interests for those around you and adapt to the world.

Last question: Are you one of them damn sophists?
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post

yes?

Are you immediately inclined to defensiveness? (defensiveness or defensive mechanisms like denial, regression, repression, etc.)
    my most-used defense mechanism is being able to come up with 80,000 reasons why it wasn't directly my fault...shifting the blame to something else.

Do you do before you think? Do you regularly consider the consequences of your actions?

when I was a kid I always did before I thought. now it's gotten a lot better. i regularly consider the consequences, but can come up with really convincing and logical reasons for why I should be doing or why it is okay to be doing whatever I want to be, so...

Authenticity or Loyalty? Authenticity - be yourself and force the world to adapt to you. Loyalty - sacrafice your own self interests for those around you and adapt to the world.

both, generally. it depends who the company is. since much of the time I authentically want loyalty, it's not hard to get both.

i don't know what those are =(
    -

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Uh, it depends what the truth has to do with, but I would think no, not usually. If we have already realised it and embraced it fully, we might wince a little, but will deal with it. If not, it can really, really hurt.

Yeah, I am so good at excuses. And I definitely do get defensive when someone pries too much. Even into just how I'm feeling. I don't like to disclose anything without having decided I want to disclose it in the first place.

Oh, I don't know. Not really. To actually consider the full consequences would take forever, and then we'd never get anything done. I wonder, sometimes, what might happen, but in a serious sense, no, not really. I mean, I usually have a good idea of what will happen if I do said thing, but I don't spend any futher time considering it before I go ahead and do.

Both. I can't pick one. I need to be myself, but at the same time I must adapt to those around me. Maybe that's the eternal struggle for the ENFP - to be yourself at the cost of admiration and attention, or to strive for admiration and attention at the cost of yourself?

Why yes, I am a greek philosopher from the 5th Century BC! How did you know??

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    but can come up with really convincing and logical reasons for why I should be doing or why it is okay to be doing whatever I want to be, so...
    Okay, yes, I am very good at convincing myself, this way.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFJ

Do ENFPs like INTJs?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Do ENFPs like INTJs?
    Well, this one does. I suppose it depends on the particular ENFP and INTJ, though.

autumn

MBTI
    eNFP

If by this you mean "do you accept reality, or do you deny what is in front of your face?", I would say "Yes, I accept reality." If, however, you mean "Does it bother you when people tell you things that are true and important for you to know, but are unpleasant?", I would say that I can probably handle the truth itself, but the dexterity of that handling depends a lot (at least initially) on how it is presented to me.

I would say (as I said in another thread here somewhere) that I'm more inclined to defense rather than to attack. I like the way you phrased the question, though--being "immediately inclined to defensiveness" does not mean that one must give in to that inclination when to do so would be inappropriate, which it sometimes is.

I definitely think before I do most times. Perhaps when I was younger I would do before thinking more, but maybe that was more a function of age than of type? I'm not sure.

Authenticity or Loyalty? Authenticity - be yourself and force the world to adapt to you. Loyalty - sacrifice your own self interests for those around you and adapt to the world.
    Well, working with the specific definitions you gave here for both authenticity and loyalty, I would say that when I was younger I tended far more toward "be yourself and force the world to adapt to you." Now, however, I strive for far more of a balance between that and sacrificing non-essential things in the interest of adapting to the world around me and considering the needs of those around me.

No, that would be the ENTPs. LOL.

autumn

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    If by this you mean "do you accept reality, or do you deny what is in front of your face?", I would say "Yes, I accept reality." If, however, you mean "Does it bother you when people tell you things that are true and important for you to know, but are unpleasant?", I would say that I can probably handle the truth itself, but the dexterity of that handling depends a lot (at least initially) on how it is presented to me.

I would say (as I said in another thread here somewhere) that I'm more inclined to defense rather than to attack. I like the way you phrased the question, though--being "immediately inclined to defensiveness" does not mean that one must give in to that inclination when to do so would be inappropriate, which it sometimes is.

I definitely think before I do most times. Perhaps when I was younger I would do before thinking more, but maybe that was more a function of age than of type? I'm not sure.

Well, working with the specific definitions you gave here for both authenticity and loyalty, I would say that when I was younger I tended far more toward "be yourself and force the world to adapt to you." Now, however, I strive for far more of a balance between that and sacrificing non-essential things in the interest of adapting to the world around me and considering the needs of those around me.

No, that would be the ENTPs. LOL.

autumn
    I welcome different interpretations as long as they are relevent.

No, too much F leads to feeling before thinking. The feeling is prompted into quick action by the ENFP's natural spontaneity. With maturity comes more T to balance it.

YES! A balance between authenticity & loyalty (the definitions I used) is the ideal. I just wanted to destroy the ENFP natural stereotype of "deal with me or leave me alone".

Actually ENFPs are very good at the sophistry because their strong Ne, passion in speech, and abnormally good communicative skills. The problem is that they may be disinclined to do it because of their Fi, often they do not even know they are doing it.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Do ENFPs like INTJs?
    I get along beautifully with my INTJ roommate. We both find that we're often thinking the same exact thing about whatever just happened or what we saw on tv or whatever and were about to make the same comment or observation. He bails me out when I got over my credit limit, need to borrow stuff at the last minute, and reminding me rent is due, while I help get him out of the apartment having fun.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Default ENFP & ENFP

This might be a subject for a new thread but I decided to put it here for now.

What do other ENFP's think of other ENFP's in real life?

I had this weirdest thought that I would like anybody who has the same personality type (I know it is not possible or reasonable but...). I didn't think I knew any ENFP's in my life because nobody seemed to remind me of me. I thought I would recognize ENFP when meeting one and because nobody seemed to remind me of me then I thought I never met another ENFP in my life.

I have found out now that two people in my old workplace are in fact ENFP's. What bothers me that I really didn't like neither of them and I didn't think them as familiar to me in their ways. The first one was butt kissing people pleaser who had no mind of her own and the other one back stabbing people pleaser who tried to do everything her way. This made me think if I'm seen outside like I saw those people. Or was that people pleasing stuff just unbalanced or stressed ENFP stuff?

Anyway, how do you other ENFP's ENFP's?