User Tag List

First 25333435363745 Last

Results 341 to 350 of 459

  1. #341
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I've never (knowingly) met another ENFP in real life, but being and knowing me + research + encountering other ENFPs on this forum, has confidently led me to believe, that ENFPs = Human Fucking Awesomeness^10
    ROFLOL! Totally agree. I love myself!

    It totally depends on situation for me. Sometimes I'm the most E of E's and sometimes I'm almost shy. I'm also slow to warm up. I mean I usually like most people I meet but I really don't let anybody to see me. I protect myself very much for some reason. So on one hand I'm the most open people on earth and on the other hand, I'm the most secretive of people.

    ...I'm a strange person. + ENFP.
    Hey back at ya! I'm exactly the same way and don't think you're strange at all. Secretive is my middle name and my other ENFP friend who talks way more than me with other people is a pro investigator but even she has to pull tooth and nail to get the details. It takes me a long, long time to share information with people because I have to feel like I can trust them. It's been both good and bad. I've missed out on sharing somewhat but then again, most people don't seem worthy of the real me so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #342
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CestMoi View Post
    Hey back at ya! I'm exactly the same way and don't think you're strange at all. Secretive is my middle name and my other ENFP friend who talks way more than me with other people is a pro investigator but even she has to pull tooth and nail to get the details. It takes me a long, long time to share information with people because I have to feel like I can trust them. It's been both good and bad. I've missed out on sharing somewhat but then again, most people don't seem worthy of the real me so...
    Yes, I thought another ENFP might understand what I'm feeling.

    It's funny when people think they know me because I'm quite open and talk a lot about my family etc. Still they do not know ME and I'm not willing to really open up. I'm very controlling about myself and who I let in. I think I haven't let too many people really in.

    I glad I understand myself and know what I am and who I am. Otherwise I would be really lost.

  3. #343
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    30

    Default

    LOL to being lost. I totally hear you on that one! Same here regarding people thinking they can figure me out. I talk a lot but it's in sporadic details and usually only enough to get them talking about something or explain my view into a certain subject. The few really annoying ones who think they've figured me out and then try to push it into my face - don't know that this has ever happened to anyone else - but they are then left with the slam of the door, which I will never open again. Now, I know it's our trait to traipse off into other pursuits but my REAL friends understand this and when we reconnect, it's as if only a few days have gone by.

    We are a strange breed but cool as hell, IMO. I consider anyone lucky to hang out with us because the smile and laughter factors along with the attention must be intoxicating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #344
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Forgot to mention that the bright, shiny whoo-ha stuff must be quite something to see, as well from a non-ENFP perspective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #345
    To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    It's funny when people think they know me because I'm quite open and talk a lot about my family etc. Still they do not know ME and I'm not willing to really open up. I'm very controlling about myself and who I let in. I think I haven't let too many people really in.
    It's so strange, isn't it!?

    Quote Originally Posted by CestMoi View Post
    LOL to being lost. I totally hear you on that one! Same here regarding people thinking they can figure me out. I talk a lot but it's in sporadic details and usually only enough to get them talking about something or explain my view into a certain subject. The few really annoying ones who think they've figured me out and then try to push it into my face - don't know that this has ever happened to anyone else - but they are then left with the slam of the door, which I will never open again. Now, I know it's our trait to traipse off into other pursuits but my REAL friends understand this and when we reconnect, it's as if only a few days have gone by.

    We are a strange breed but cool as hell, IMO. I consider anyone lucky to hang out with us because the smile and laughter factors along with the attention must be intoxicating.
    Yeah, we rock! (As long as there aren't too many of us compressed into one tiny space - that's just scary.)

    And we can turn this into a communal ENFP back-patting session!

    I haven't really had anyone try and force-feed me who they think I am (I think I'm a bit too slippery on my actual identity front for most), but I definitely recognise that door-slam reaction. I can go from overly warm to very cool with a person in a moment when something changes. And I'm never in the middle. I'm either completely there or just not there at all.

    And YES to the traipsing off and coming back and reconnecting thing. I still consider the people I knew from school 'friends', even though I haven't really spoken to them in years. Time doesn't change things!

    Quote Originally Posted by CestMoi View Post
    Forgot to mention that the bright, shiny whoo-ha stuff must be quite something to see, as well from a non-ENFP perspective.


    Yeah, I know! They must think we're absolutely bonkers.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

    9w1 so/sx/sp

  6. #346
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    30

    Default

    And we can turn this into a communal ENFP back-patting session!

    I haven't really had anyone try and force-feed me who they think I am (I think I'm a bit too slippery on my actual identity front for most), but I definitely recognise that door-slam reaction. I can go from overly warm to very cool with a person in a moment when something changes. And I'm never in the middle. I'm either completely there or just not there at all.
    to the back-patting session. I'm all for it!

    Excellent observation regarding being in the middle or not there at all. That's exactly right on.

    There have been a few overly intellectual people who've gotten it up their goat to try to tell me how it is but I'm like you, in that I'm very slippery - not just a little - and it'd be damn near impossible for them to be able to know me really (please) and then try to tell me about it (downright laughable).

    Interesting about going from warm to cool in an instant. I'll share a recent experience and see if it resonates with any of you. I know a couple who are meditation teachers and we were hanging out for a bit discussing all this stuff. Well, we went to the spiritual community center on Sunday but they came in (as usual) VERY late - like 45-50 minutes late; this is his thing, not her's and I frankly don't know how she can stand it every day. But, I digress. I don't hold being late against anyone as I am routinely 5-10 minutes late myself but this is nuts. Anyway, they ended up having to take separate seats - no surprise there - and she sat next to me in the one empty seat. There was a lady in the remaining one. Well, during a song, he comes over to smoosh his way in and then basically pushes the other lady out of her seat. She looked very introverted to me and then she went over to sit somewhere else. I was F'N MORTIFIED! My opinion of him TOTALLY changed due to this and I skipped an event afterward (for other reasons) but have put major distance between us since then. I have no idea why this pisses me off so much but I suppose it's due to my thinking that it was a major gaffe to push that lady out of her seat and then act like that's normal, run of the mill behavior. Like he's the only person on this earth and everything and one just moves out of his way. I know he's a meditation teacher and "out there" but Christ! Even writing about it ticks me off.

    There is my warm to cool in an instant example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #347
    To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CestMoi View Post
    Interesting about going from warm to cool in an instant. I'll share a recent experience and see if it resonates with any of you...
    Interesting!

    Personally, I've noticed myself 'go cool' (lol) when I either notice someone liking me/taking waay too much interest in me (agh!) or when they're done something major that makes me reconsider my initially optimistic view of their character (a la your story) - in some cases this has been people being very clingy or abrasively annoying.

    I think it's my mechanism to tell them to 'go away' without actually having to be mean and tell them that.

    I usually find it difficult to maintain the frostiness for very long if they consistently present themselves as a decent human being after said incident, though. :P


    Oh, and behaviour lacking a basic modicum of respect/consideration ANNOYS me. How much effort does it bloody take!?
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

    9w1 so/sx/sp

  8. #348
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CestMoi View Post
    Secretive is my middle name It takes me a long, long time to share information with people because I have to feel like I can trust them. It's been both good and bad. I've missed out on sharing somewhat but then again, most people don't seem worthy of the real me so...
    Yup, I often ponder the paradoxical nature of my "closed openess". I am incredibly open by nature, up to a point, that is...

    I share my secrets with self and strangers, and that's about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    It's funny when people think they know me because I'm quite open and talk a lot about my family etc. Still they do not know ME and I'm not willing to really open up. I'm very controlling about myself and who I let in. I think I haven't let too many people really in.

    I glad I understand myself and know what I am and who I am. Otherwise I would be really lost.
    So true!!!!

    I would be one lost and lonely soul if it weren't for the companionship, and guidance of my best friend, who surprisingly/luckily happens to be me. (pats self on back)

    Quote Originally Posted by CestMoi View Post
    We are a strange breed but cool as hell, IMO. I consider anyone lucky to hang out with us because the smile and laughter factors along with the attention must be intoxicating.
    Forgot to mention that the bright, shiny whoo-ha stuff must be quite something to see, as well from a non-ENFP perspective.
    This is something I've never had the chance to discuss, but ever since I was a kid there has almost always seemed to be people, ie friends, acquaintances, tugging at me, vying for my attention...and I do mean all of my attention!!!!

    I've always had a preferrence for one-on-one communication, and in most of these scenarios, I become an incredibaly attentive person where my focus becomes the one in which I speaking to, (or more appropriately, the one I'm listening to)

    Many people have had a tendency to become, as you mention, somewhat intoxicated by my level of attentiveness to them.

    I don't want to be someone's drug, rather, I want to be a refreshing cold slap to the face!!!!

    I hate, hate, hate when I'm being pulled, where I'm forced to satisfy one person's ego at the expense of hurting another's feelings, bleh!!!!

    Fellow ENFPs, have you guys ever considered that perhaps, we're too awesome!?!?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    I can go from overly warm to very cool with a person in a moment when something changes. And I'm never in the middle. I'm either completely there or just not there at all.

    And YES to the traipsing off and coming back and reconnecting thing. I still consider the people I knew from school 'friends', even though I haven't really spoken to them in years. Time doesn't change things!
    Yup, I too am often an all-or-nothingist!!!

    Time is ubercyclical for me. My deeply rooted, emotional/imaginative/intuitive self has remained pretty constant through out my life's experience. I still love the things/ideas/people, I loved ten years ago. When I truly connect to someone or something, that connection is more or less crystallized in my memory.

    Quote Originally Posted by CestMoi View Post
    .

    Interesting about going from warm to cool in an instant. I'll share a recent experience and see if it resonates with any of you. I know a couple who are meditation teachers and we were hanging out for a bit discussing all this stuff. Well, we went to the spiritual community center on Sunday but they came in (as usual) VERY late - like 45-50 minutes late; this is his thing, not her's and I frankly don't know how she can stand it every day. But, I digress. I don't hold being late against anyone as I am routinely 5-10 minutes late myself but this is nuts. Anyway, they ended up having to take separate seats - no surprise there - and she sat next to me in the one empty seat. There was a lady in the remaining one. Well, during a song, he comes over to smoosh his way in and then basically pushes the other lady out of her seat. She looked very introverted to me and then she went over to sit somewhere else. I was F'N MORTIFIED! My opinion of him TOTALLY changed due to this and I skipped an event afterward (for other reasons) but have put major distance between us since then. I have no idea why this pisses me off so much but I suppose it's due to my thinking that it was a major gaffe to push that lady out of her seat and then act like that's normal, run of the mill behavior. Like he's the only person on this earth and everything and one just moves out of his way. I know he's a meditation teacher and "out there" but Christ! Even writing about it ticks me off.

    There is my warm to cool in an instant example.
    That's just plain nasty, nasty people evoke the most incited, toxic nastiness in me, that nastiness being my desire to psychologically/emotionally/intellectually harm that person who I've witnessed being nasty!!!!!

    I view them as masked duplicitous disgusting destructive creatures......gotta let this go or I'll burn up

    Meditation teacher my ass!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Interesting!
    Personally, I've noticed myself 'go cool' (lol) when I either notice someone liking me/taking waay too much interest in me (agh!) or when they're done something major that makes me reconsider my initially optimistic view of their character (a la your story) - in some cases this has been people being very clingy or abrasively annoying.

    I think it's my mechanism to tell them to 'go away' without actually having to be mean and tell them that.

    I usually find it difficult to maintain the frostiness for very long if they consistently present themselves as a decent human being after said incident, though. :P


    Oh, and behaviour lacking a basic modicum of respect/consideration ANNOYS me. How much effort does it bloody take!?
    Yup, yup, and yup!!!

    Group hug!!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  9. #349
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Meditation teacher my ass!!!!!
    Clueless meditation teacher is more like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #350
    To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    This is something I've never had the chance to discuss, but ever since I was a kid there has almost always seemed to be people, ie friends, acquaintances, tugging at me, vying for my attention...and I do mean all of my attention!!!!

    I've always had a preferrence for one-on-one communication, and in most of these scenarios, I become an incredibaly attentive person where my focus becomes the one in which I speaking to, (or more appropriately, the one I'm listening to)

    Many people have had a tendency to become, as you mention, somewhat intoxicated by my level of attentiveness to them.

    I don't want to be someone's drug, rather, I want to be a refreshing cold slap to the face!!!!

    I hate, hate, hate when I'm being pulled, where I'm forced to satisfy one person's ego at the expense of hurting another's feelings, bleh!!!!

    Fellow ENFPs, have you guys ever considered that perhaps, we're too awesome!?!?!?!?


    I definitely agree with you about the one-on-one communication - extraverts are supposed to like group conversation more (or something? ), but one-on-one is definitely where I shine. Like you said - we're incredibly attentive.

    The intoxication thing is interesting... I haven't really thought about it that way, before. Hmmm.

    I'm not sure I'm that awesome, though.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

    9w1 so/sx/sp

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Any ENFPs not fickle or "adhd"?
    By Malkavia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-22-2016, 06:26 PM
  2. ADHD, Fact or Fiction?
    By forzen in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 01:50 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFPs, love, obsession, or myth???
    By Hexis in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 244
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 03:59 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Sensor Myths- Fact or Fiction? (for SJs too!)
    By miss fortune in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 05:01 PM
  5. [ENFP] ENFP's: Good or Bad Listeners?
    By SillySapienne in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO