User Tag List

First 21293031323341 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    I have a running theory that All ENFP's have a tendency towards being Bipolar.
    I think people jokingly refer to ENFP types as running from extreme to extreme, I know if I'm any indication, 'even keeled' is not a good description. I think 'mercurial' is probably the most complimentary and romantic way of describing the swings of an ENFP.

ENFP is also easily influenced by the people and moods around them, so if you are extroverted and like different types of people, you will find yourself around different groups of people frequently and you will probably act a little differently or at least your energy levels will be different to reflect what's around you. I know I used to have a habit of getting lazier around lazier people. It was actually too much of a problem for me so I made a concerted effort to be more active and pull myself out and away from influences I didn't want. Plus we're easily excitable.

Edit/Announcement: This is post 666! About ENFPs! Hahahaah.
    Last edited by CzeCze; 01-11-2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Alcearos pointed out I am evil.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I think people jokingly refer to ENFP types as running from extreme to extreme, I know if I'm any indication, 'even keeled' is not a good description. I think 'mercurial' is probably the most complimentary and romantic way of describing the swings of an ENFP.

ENFP is also easily influenced by the people and moods around them, so if you are extroverted and like different types of people, you will find yourself around different groups of people frequently and you will probably act a little differently or at least your energy levels will be different to reflect what's around you. I know I used to have a habit of getting lazier around lazier people. It was actually too much of a problem for me so I made a concerted effort to be more active and pull myself out and away from influences I didn't want. Plus we're easily excitable.
    My perception of them has been that they oscillate between all the NF types and ENTP in their behaviors, depending on their mood and environment. They have a little bit of everything in there. I think it's just the result of having Ne unrestrained by Ti, and intensified by Fi.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Yay! This thread is revived. I did always miss it.

It is funny how ENFPs seem to lose their sense of self too easily, when very few others have that problem. Maybe we're just designed to counterbalance all that self-absorbtion?
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post

It is funny how ENFPs seem to lose their sense of self too easily, when very few others have that problem. Maybe we're just designed to counterbalance all that self-absorbtion?
    I like this - I say we all adopt this as proof of our supreme awesomeness.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post

I Insist that we do not lose ourselves, merely emphasize those aspects of ourselves best suited to fit these other people... In someways I feel I absorb a little piece of everyone I get close to; mannerisms, thought processes, jokes, even personalities... it's like we become a slight amalgam of everyone we care about, at the same time, a version of them heavily filtered through ourselves..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Very good posts here!
    I think I have to read the whole thread all over again and learn more about myself.

MBTI
    WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    I Insist that we do not lose ourselves, merely emphasize those aspects of ourselves best suited to fit these other people... In someways I feel I absorb a little piece of everyone I get close to; mannerisms, thought processes, jokes, even personalities... it's like we become a slight amalgam of everyone we care about, at the same time, a version of them heavily filtered through ourselves..
    That is so true. Actually I think that is why I for one like a good measure of time alone, if nothing else then to find myself beneath the layers of thoughts and other people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I think Pink(Piranha) wrote the best description of ENFP to my blog for some time ago.

I was wondering
    Based on my writings, do I seem a typical ENFP?
    Pink answered to my question with this brilliant theory of ENFP's: (Thanks Pinkie!!)
    You certainly sound like one to me Equal parts sense, whimsy and good vibes.
    I responded:
    I started to think about this, Pink. I think the bolded part is the best description of me ever.

One third of time I like to think, to be analytic, philosophical, organizing and to make sense -> I'm NT wannabe. (Te working there?)
    One third of time I'm very moody, whimsy, weird, having arguments and being stubborn. I do things my way -> I'm very FP (F gone wrong here? + strong P)
    One third of time I like to have a good time, I laugh and tell jokes and I take nothing seriously. -> I'm ESP wannabe. (my S working here I guess)

+ I'm very much interpreting, finding connections between things and finding hidden meanings all the time (NE working there)

One thing thought - I'm probably never calm, analyzing and serious at the same time.
    I'm also very sentimental at times. Almost too much. Great emotions are lurking inside even if I try to hide them. And I have habit of caring too much. I try to hide that side too. :rolli:

One more thing. I also have the weirdest habit of withdrawing when I notice somebody likes me. :confused:

What do you other ENFP's say about this?

(I really have lots of spelling mistakes in my posts even if I use spelling check. That might be also very ENFP'ish?)

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    I'm also very sentimental at times. Almost too much. Great emotions are lurking inside even if I try to hide them. And I have habit of caring too much. I try to hide that side too. :rolli:

One more thing. I also have the weirdest habit of withdrawing when I notice somebody likes me. :confused:

What do you other ENFP's say about this?

I do it as well. I used to think I was behaving bizarrely, but I realise now that I just do it initially as a way to gauge what's happening. Like I need to reassess the dynamic between myself and the other person. It's not total withdrawal, but more like stepping back a minute. I tend to do it when I've had a revelation about my relationship, usually in the form of an "A HA!" moment, and then I feel like I need to regroup. It's frustrating because people frequently misinterpret this as me being upset with them, or repelled somehow, despite my attempts to explain.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    That sounds very much like Fi. People with Fi tend to have greater emotional depth beneath the surface than above it. They can be frustrating and confusing to people with Fe, though.

The saying I've heard used to describe them is, "Still waters run deep." It seems true enough.