User Tag List

First 19272829303139 Last

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Okay, I think this is a good a time as any to revive this thread! ^^

So, I want to know about ENFP obsessions!

Some starting questions: How long do they last? A day or two? A week? A few months? How 'intense' are they? What sort of subjects have held your interest? Any idea what causes them? What 'snaps you out of it', or causes you to move on to something else?

I think I'll wait to post my own experiences, but you guys go for it!
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Okay, I think this is a good a time as any to revive this thread! ^^

So, I want to know about ENFP obsessions!

Some starting questions: How long do they last? A day or two? A week? A few months? How 'intense' are they? What sort of subjects have held your interest? Any idea what causes them? What 'snaps you out of it', or causes you to move on to something else?

I think I'll wait to post my own experiences, but you guys go for it!
    Obsessions, I don't have any obsessions... :rolleyes2:

....except typing people

MBTI
    WOLF

I have lots of small obsessions that come and go. They'll last anywhere from a few days to a few years. I don't really have any idea why - sometimes I won't have enough time, some specific course of action will become more difficult to complete, something new pops up or my mind just takes a stroll elsewhere. Long-lasting obsessions that still have me in their grip are Terry Pratchett, Frasier, coffee, a particular brand of sweetener and MAC makeup. Hmmm, I'm not sure about the intensity - I'm not the 'fangirl' type. For something to be an obsession, it'll just end up as an integral part of my personality (like being long-haired, messy, and a smoker) until that part of me changes.

I am obsessed with being a traveler but I think the obsession has turned into a lifestyle because now it's just part of who I am instead of something I occasionally do.

MBTI
    INFP

Default Anywhere I may roam... Where I lay my head is home

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    I am obsessed with being a traveler but I think the obsession has turned into a lifestyle because now it's just part of who I am instead of something I occasionally do.
    *singing* Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond... Call me what you will... yeah, yeah...

*looking up* *realizing people are staring* Oh, don't mind me.

hehe!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

"Ok, one thing I always read about ENFP's is the "grass is always greener on the other side", how does it feel to you to constantly be considered the cheating type? also I realise that you are not like that, but was there a point in your life before you fell in love with your husband that you did find yourself stuck in the "grass is always greener on the other side" mindset? and how did it feel to you?

EDIT: none of this is meant to cause offence, I just wished to hear it from an enfp perspective"
    Sahara

LOL, when I first read this I must admit that I was rather offended, then I did a little introspection... yes, I am plagued by the thought that I would be happier or more fufilled in different circumstances. That is most troubling in my love life. However, I have found that in the few cases of actual real Love in a relationship, those feelings akin to the phrase "the grass is always greener on the other side," are easy to shrug off and ignore. In relationships where I am not as satesfied or where I am not in love, they pester and are almost a constaint thing, every action of my boyfriend is magnified and I spiral down, or just jump off while I have the chance: there in lies the cheating factor.

So to answer your question, yes, I have cheated on some of my boyfriends, and thats nothing to be proud of, and it was a long time ago, now I try to either think more rationaly about problems I have with my partner, or if the problem is too big, or if it is a small thing that is a symptom of a larger problem, then I end it before anyone gets hurt.

Hope I answered to your satesfaction. and dont think less of me, or ENFPs because of my past actions, they reflect on who I was, not on who I am.

-Selene

MBTI
    GONE

I get mini obsessions all the time.

I also used to have this weird sensation of being satisfied just by ordering something or buying something before using it. Sometimes as soon as I ordered food and it came to my table, I was no longer hungry. Or I want to take up an instrument and really feel a need to practice and have the instrument in my hands and then I'll get my hands one. After a little bit, I'm like alright I'm good.

I think that's also an Ennegram 7ish aspect, the fear of being deprived. I felt stifled and frenetic, like I was not going to be 'allowed' to do something but buying X would satisfy that fear and let me know that I did have agency or opportunity, etc.

Alright, I'll chalk this up to immaturity. And yes, I have ordered from infomercials before...But not recently! I have grown up, thank you.

I get obsessions still, and when I do, I seriously do get obsessed and if it takes up too much of my time or attention or is too distracting, I'll plough through it and do it as much as possible in an attempt to override my system. Basically, I try to make myself sick of it or get my fill in as short a time as possible so I can get over it and get back to normal.

I honestly don't feel a wandering eye when I'm with someone or think I will be soon. My strong attachments apply to people as well. And as impulsive and emotional as I am, I wouldn't want to be with someone unless I was slightly obsessed with them as well. But not in a stalker-ish way. Hahahaha.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I get obsessed with order, as a general rule. I don't like chaos in my life, so if things are dysfunctional, in my external environment or in a facet of my life dynamic, then I can get hung up on thinking about how to solve a problem. Meaning that I'll think about it until I find a reasonable solution, so if the problem is unfixable at that juncture, I run the risk of obsessing over it anyway. I had to learn how to untrain my mind from that particular behaviour, because it was running me ragged, and it's still an automatic response I have to curb. I don't know necessarily if this is a type issue so much as a me issue, though.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

LadyJaye said:

I get obsessed with order, as a general rule. I don't like chaos in my life, so if things are dysfunctional, in my external environment or in a facet of my life dynamic, then I can get hung up on thinking about how to solve a problem. Meaning that I'll think about it until I find a reasonable solution, so if the problem is unfixable at that juncture, I run the risk of obsessing over it anyway. I had to learn how to untrain my mind from that particular behaviour, because it was running me ragged, and it's still an automatic response I have to curb. I don't know necessarily if this is a type issue so much as a me issue, though.
    I have a friend who I origionally typed as ESFP, because she always kept such a tidy house. She got so mad at me--I was staying at her home for 4 months this fall--when I left a dish in the sink, or when something was out of place. Not only her house was so tidy, though, also her life became. Pretty fast I realised that she had lists and schedules for everyting. Her kids, her husband, even me. I started to think that it was a kind of obsession with order that she had, and I really didn't understand it at all until she explained to me that she only lived such a structured life as an attempt to cope with the chaos around her--she even confided in me that she hated all the structure and missed the organic spontinaity of her youth. When she told me that I started to think that maybe I had typed her wrong and infact she was an ENFP like me, just coping with her extreemly stressful life and using her inferior Si function in excess as a counterbalance.

I have never been a very neat person, and she told me (and I think it is very true) that It is because I simply don't see the messes the same way that she does, thanks to my inferior introverted sensing.

---

Concerning my obssesions, they are almost infinate, and concern almost every concivable type of activity. My most long-lasting obsessions involve something that requires abstract thought and creativity. Obsessions that I loose interest in quickly involve tedious, repetative tasks, with little or no immediate satesfactory product. I am very hesident to take part in any activity without understanding the full meaning or end product of the indevidual acts that it involves; simmilarly, I am very stubborn about backing an idea or proposition unless all the results and effects, and also the reasons for it, are brought to light.

MBTI
    ENFP

Question question...

First of all, This thread is EXACTLY what I have been looking for! It's so wonderful to be able to see that other enfp's have the same problems: the "acting when you dont know you're acting"-the keeping people at a distance-so many other things that have been discussed..

-lately I've been wondering if I was becoming a J through necessity....I'm at the turning point in my life where I have to grow up, pay bills, be responsible ect...and i found that i really like the organization. But It's good to know that other ENFP's experience this also.

So, here's a question: have any of you had this experience (or been on the receiving end of it)? In my relationship, if something feels off, I either automatically assume that it's something I have done wrong, or that I have to fix it immediately. Are you all ever so worried about something turning into a large problem later on that you are hypersensitive to any minute conflict that comes up?