User Tag List

First 18262728293038 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Has anyone linked to this description of the ENFP yet?

ENFP Profile
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by _Ti_ View Post
    I don't know if ENFP's and INTP's gravitate towards each other or not-but in my uninformed opinion, it's masochistic of us if we do. I guess I can see how it would work out really nicely, and in my case, sometimes the balance is so beautiful, but (and maybe this is just my situation) it seems like our need for attention/validation/reassurance doesn't get what it needs in the supremely focused space-needing genius of the INTP. I guess if one were a strong ENFP it would be different? Is there such a thing?

I find myself always putting my desires aside to accommodate the person I care about, even though that person doesn't always notice what I'm doing or wouldn't have asked me to if they had, wouldn't even want me to and as such doesn't appreciate it at all while still having good intentions.
    The NF NT thing just... confuses me.

Sideswipe topic: Is it possible to stop being passive aggressive? Because I really hate it.
    Haha, sometimes I feel like I might be smothering my ENFP, I also know there have been times when he needed attention and I didn't recognize that. But mostly I just can't leave him alone. I don't think that INTP's are necessarily all that bad at showing care if they really feel it. Or I'm a freak, I dunno.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Who says ENFPs and INTPs don't mix well?

Sure there's the whole risk of offending the ENFP cause you've just quietly assassinated his entire emotional well being without noticing but with a few helpful warning signs and such it's fine...most days.

I still tend to find on some days I return home to reports of being in trouble, usually to my surprise, but mostly me and my ENFP buddy do quite well to support each other most of the time.

Like Sherlock and Watson each brings something to the table that the other lacks. The whole being greater than the sum of it's parts.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Sure there's the whole risk of offending the ENFP cause you've just quietly assassinated his entire emotional well being without noticing

Only an INTP....
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Who says ENFPs and INTPs don't mix well?

Sure there's the whole risk of offending the ENFP cause you've just quietly assassinated his entire emotional well being without noticing but with a few helpful warning signs and such it's fine...most days.

I still tend to find on some days I return home to reports of being in trouble, usually to my surprise, but mostly me and my ENFP buddy do quite well to support each other most of the time.

Like Sherlock and Watson each brings something to the table that the other lacks. The whole being greater than the sum of it's parts.
    HEHEHE...

Sometimes I want to scream, because I don't mind when people disagree with me, you can assinate my emotional well being... it's the not noticing part that tends to send me

But we fix it, once we understand each other... and sometimes he does come home and finds he is in trouble, but mostly we sort it easily...

Once you understand the differences you can work it out and it gets good.

In my relationship i'm learning how to avoid my fear of going directly to problem, and yelling when i'm feeling like i need a hug... this is good fro an enfp because we can wrap ourselves up in our paranoia's so easily, so instead of thinking abotu it and jumping to conclusions, i try to ask and go direct to the point. It's actually refreshing and not as scary as i thought... (So far, mind you that may be die to beign with someone whoa ctually does like me just the way i am! )

Quote Originally Posted by _Ti_ View Post
    The NF NT thing just... confuses me.
    All my cloests friendship (bar one) and most significant relationships have been my NF and thier NT, somehow i couldn't imagine it any other way... Though it can be scarey...

MBTI
    eNFP

One of my very best friends is an INTP. I am very happily married to another NT (of the extroverted variety ). I love NTs. NTs and NFs have the preference for intuition in common, which is hugely important. Doesn't David Keirsey consider this to the the greatest line of demarcation among the functions, moreso than T/F or anything else? I would tend to think, from my experiences, that there is something to that. This is of course not to say that Ns and Ss can't have great relationships also (since there is a lot more to relationships than type), but it would seem that at a certain fundamental, even unspoken level, there is an understanding of worldview that people who share the same N or S preference would have in common.

Not only that, but when you consider the N in common, but paired with the complementary judging functions F and T, there is the possibility of great complementary teamwork with an NF/NT combination.

I guess what I'm saying is that, in general, NT and NF likely have enough in common to readily understand, communicate with, and accept each other, and yet are different enough, and in the right way, to be complementary to each other too.

Now, in all the different possible combinations, (with P and J and I and E) there is a lot of variation here too. And of course there are so many more factors that determine who will get along well with whom. But some of my favorite people are NTs!

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    Not only that, but when you consider the N in common, but paired with the complementary judging functions F and T, there is the possibility of great complementary teamwork with an NF/NT combination.

ENFP + INTP = Complete lack of decision-making skills.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

The bind has seemed pretty tight to me.
    I've consistently found ENFJs and ENFPs interested in INTPs and INTJs, and vice-versa.

It's become so common that I actually smile a little whenever I come across the cliche.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    ENFP + INTP = Complete lack of decision-making skills.
    Yes this is so scarilly true though....
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I've consistently found ENFJs and ENFPs interested in INTPs and INTJs, and vice-versa.

It's become so common that I actually smile a little whenever I come across the cliche.

Oh Shit, you just called me a cliche... and my INTP Girl... oh hell now what are we going to do!

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post

I can lend support for this assertion! My sister ENFJ loves INTP's, and seems to have an immediate dialogue with them. Now, INTJ's - they seem to enjoy me, but not know exactly what to do with me sometimes. Perhaps I overwhelm them a little, although I take pains not to. Our best friend is an INTJ, and I can tell he really appreciates our sociability, but also finds it tiring.