User Tag List

First 16242526272836 Last

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

alright I am not that extreme um no no not that extreme
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

yeah see I've found alot over the last couple years that when I am with friends that I am cool with not being in the spotlight. I recognize that my stories are way cooler than most of theirs but that's just a perception of mine and I have realized that most people don't agree...lol

I am totally ok now with sitting to the side, unless I am around new people that I want to impress then I turn on the famous ENFp charm and dazzle them into loving me. It's great!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    I have to wonder how male and female enfp's differ....
    That's a great question that no-one really answered.

I would personally say that there is not much gender difference in enfp's apart from superficial stuff like the clothes we wear, the launguage we use etc...

In fact if I didn't know the sex of an online ENFP poster , and their post's never gave away obvious signs, I'd have a hard time telling who is who.

Because some of the sappiest, emotional and unbalanced ENFP's are male, and some of the most emotionally balanced and well rounded ENFP's are female!
    ENFP

Sorry, my spelling and grammar are horrible.
    without the spell check , I'd be lost.

MBTI
    GONE

Default Do you know a lot of ENFPs in the real world?

I've only met 1 person who was an ENFP. Or at least, a friend of mine told me she was "also" ENFP. I guess this friend of mine saw a lot of similiarities between us.

I didn't.

Do ENFP's generally like each other when they meet?

I think if my ONE experience (I think the other woman tested as ENFP, but I don't know if it was an accurate result) is indicative, that personality type is a very rough box. Or more indicative of how ME from my POV is with the world and sees and instinctually interacts with it. But from YOUR POV, perhaps it's not so helpful and gives you a lot of generalities?

Also, I think that is a point somewhat discussed on this forum but very pertinent. "Maturity" as well as "healthy/unhealthy" are very important dimensions to how personality type is expressed. And I've seen on other sites they specify more that a person can be in "relaxed" mode or "self-focused" mode regardless of how relaxed or self-focused that personality type is and that further modifies the expression of personality type.

Bringing it back to the opening sentence -- this woman in theory I liked. She was confident, humorous, outgoing, independent, successful. But in practice, something about her rubbed me the wrong way.

Perhaps two attention whorey people cannot share a room together? Perhaps as another ENFP I "saw" her in way that my ISTJ friend could not? And you know ENFP's -- if there's no intrigue we're just not as impressed.

I was in a very fragile and unhappy phase in my life, in a less mature and searching phase of my ENFP and overall personality at the time I met the other ENFP so I think maybe I also was threatened by her confidence? Or made extra uneasy that someone "like me" was around?

Anyone else here relate?

Supposedly ENFPs are supposed to get along fabulously in the real world. I wonder about that...

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    On some of the things CzeCze said: lately I've been letting myself be the things I don't think people want to see. I've let my irritation show, I've not been so pleasant and nice that I've ended up wanting to strangle myself and I've tried to take into consideration what I want instead of what everyone else wants. I'm still not sure I like dealing with people without the protection of superficial niceness.
    Totally! This is happening to me, and I don't quite know what to think of it, or why I suddenly get irritated when I'm put upon, when every time before I just sat and took it, sometimes smiling as if to say, I can handle it, burden me with more of your BS, please!
    And now I just want to tell people where they can stick it.

I don't know if I like this. It's probably better for me, but it feels worse.
    *sigh* the contradiction
    I want a love who knows that loving him is all I want to do

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    We get all in a tizzy focusing on our environments and other people. And let's be honest, a lot of this outer focusing is to serve the purpose or ultimately coming back to US. Or, ME ME ME ME ME as I like to put it. Is this what yuo meant by attention-whorey?
    Yes, this is exactly what I meant.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENFP

Being an NF and being madly deeply in love with an NT can be really crappy.
    That whole conflict between knowing what I know, and feeling something contradictory to what I know, is just not cool.
    And trying to get the NT to understand that yes I KNOW but I still FEEL this other way
    is frustrating
    And of course, the NT waits until his emotions have settled to make decisions while I make my decisions BASED on emotions.
    Ugh.
    And I need attention, hate needing attention. He's an INTP.
    Driving me insane.
    sorry about the rant
    I want a love who knows that loving him is all I want to do

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Do ENFP's generally like each other when they meet?
    I've never met another ENFP (well, I may have, but I wasn't aware of it). Thus, this is all pure speculation. Fun!

But I would expect that getting along/not getting along would largely have to do with, yeah, variations between ENFPs. Say an 'immature' and very extraverted ENFP was placed in a room with someone just the same - I expect they would irritate each other and try and compete for attention rather than get along. But tone the Es down a little and add a little maturity, and once they aren't competing with each other, they'd probably get on fine?

Or perhaps opposites (say, someone with very strong F and someone else with borderline F/T) would relate less well than two with similar levels?

Okay, I'll stop guessing now.

I personally find it fascinating when I can talk to someone who totally understands me and is exactly on the same wavelength - so I think another ENFP would have a bit of an advantage on that front.

Plus, you guys sound so cool. I'm sure we'd totally get along in real life!

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Ti,

Is there something about INTPs and ENFPs? For some reason those two types just seem to gravitate towards each other...

My best friend is an INTP, and we balance each other out really well. Though I'm not sure I'd really want to get into a relationship with someone like her. The way she deals with problems... I would not want to be on the other end.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    Ti,

Is there something about INTPs and ENFPs? For some reason those two types just seem to gravitate towards each other...

My best friend is an INTP, and we balance each other out really well. Though I'm not sure I'd really want to get into a relationship with someone like her. The way she deals with problems... I would not want to be on the other end.
    yes. INTPs, ENFPs fuel each other like INTJ and ENFJs do. It's the dominant function of one being the auxiliary of the other, or so goes the MBTIc theory.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis