User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

Results 191 to 200 of 459

  1. #191
    To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    it's hard when everyone wants to tell me all about them and wants my help to fix them but as soon as I need them or start talking I get.... it's not always about you tara what about me.
    Oh, yeah. This happens to me every now and again, and it's so frustrating. C'mon, honestly? I've been a nice ear for you to offload all your problems onto, and mostly I don't mind it. But it would be nice to get a little response when I try and mention some of my own problems... instead of a blank stare or lukewarm agreement, and then right back to their own problems. Sigh.

  2. #192
    ~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    yes *sigh*
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

  3. #193

    Default

    I'm going to start a thread to see if we have any enfp haters on the boards... Should be interesting!

  4. #194
    Senior Member Vortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    WOLF
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    I'm curious to know about how you enfp's typed yourself, when you first encountered this sort of personality testing. Did you get it right the first time, or did it take you a while to work out who you were?

    This probably has a lot to do with the age you are when you first try, though. How well you know yourself, and the like.

    But for me: for the longest time I was sure I was an introvert, because I'm a naturally quiet person. When I interact with people, even strangers, I'm easily an extrovert, but I'm not usually comfortable with being the center of attention in a crowd. (Of course, that also has a bit to do with the fact I was much younger, and being unsure of yourself and who you are.)

    Also, I think I kept categorizing myself as a thinker, because I was naturally a fairly bright student in school and understood things easily.. therefore my brain had to work logically and analytically, didn't it? In fact, I'm actually very much a feeler.

    (Maybe this should go somewhere else? But I'm interested in seeing if there's any similarities in the way enfps tend to type (or mistype) themselves.)

    I can relate to a lot of that. When Economica and I first tried to figure out my type, I think we arrived at ENTJ, but it didn't take long after that to discover that I was probably an ENFP. Now I'm quite certain :-)


    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    <snip>
    I think being an ENFP may also mean that we accept people as they are -- even if we don't like them or even despise them or don't even understand them, we don't necessarily judge them as something BAD or WRONG with them and that they need to be 'fixed'. Even with people who I think are asshoesl, they're just assholes. Or just crazy. It is what it is and they are who they are. And as for people who I personally dislike or can't be around, I just move on and I don't try to change them.

    Does that resonate with anyone?
    Absolutely. That's a great description.

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I have also noticed though, a bad side effect of this (especially if you are female) is that sometimes guys misinterpret this open-minded attitude for interest? And sometimes people with actual mental health issues can kind of project onto me or else attach themselves and get way too familiar with me too quickly, even though I do NOT reciprocate this kind of feeling of closeness. I merely accept them at face (and deeper true) value and am probably the first person in a long time to show them any true kindness.

    When I was a kid, all the moms with the 'problem kids' would make play dates with me because I was the ONLY KID in the whole neighborhood who could put up with their children. When I think of this now, it pisses me off a bit, but I do see the parallels to my adult life.

    Anyone else experience this?
    Guys often think I'm interested in them in a certain way, when in fact I'm doing nothing more than being friendly and relaxed. Friends tell me it's something in my eyes - not hating people at first sight apparently equals interest...
    I like talking to people, I like helping them. If they tell me too much too fast it doesn't matter. It will seem to them that they get the same deep closeness from me as they offer. And they do get it - in a modified version of me, since there in those situations always will be a number of things I won't trust them with, but there is a public, kind and caring version that will help them and make them feel better.
    I don't remember my childhood very well, apart from the fact that it was great, filled with joy, laughter and happiness. I didn't particularly like other children, but I'd be nice and have some good playmates, but ultimately they didn't matter much. I've had a number of close playmates ripped from my life quite suddenly as a child (moving, embassy kids, weird parental stuff) and it didn't seem to have any impact at all - I just accepted that things changed. I did play with some problem kids too, though, and that usually went well. I don't think I cared enough to be able to create problems or tension.

  5. #195
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    I can relate to a lot of that. When Economica and I first tried to figure out my type, I think we arrived at ENTJ, but it didn't take long after that to discover that I was probably an ENFP. Now I'm quite certain :-)
    I actually thought you were an ENFP but since I'd only just met you I didn't want to alienate you by insisting.

    Incidentally, my descriptions of the T/F and J/P dimensions probably weren't very neutral back then.

  6. #196
    Senior Member Vortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    WOLF
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Haha, okay. My memory is lousy, so I trust whatever you say about that time.

  7. #197

    Default

    See I am not a party animal at all. My craziness will come out in smaller groups but not in larger ones. I mean don't get me wrong, at one time I was the life of stuff. My family worked at a youth camp and I was heavily involved in church youth group. At the youth camp I was the guy who would get everybody fired up during games and mixers, get crazy and everyone knew my name. It was the same at youth group (300-500 kids) I was always on stage and was like a celebrity in that church.

    Now though, now I would much rather grab some coffee and chill. I hate the bar scene for the most part and most parties I go to seem to deteriorate quickly into a bunch of drunks wasting away another night on booze.

    I can drink with the best of them but I don't live for it. I can do without it and in fact would most often prefer too as I kind of feel slightly intoxicated all the time anyway!

  8. #198
    ~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    funny you should say this Jake.... I was chatting to someone who was telling mewhat a trip acid was because of how good it felt. He used examples like seeing the music, and tasting a sound and how everything became alive. I explained to him that, that was my reality..... really he said.... seriously I said. He scored intp for what it's worth.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

  9. #199

    Default

    the more we delve into what it is to be enfp, the more i think we are just over-chemicaled in our brains or something. Too much of everything shooting up into there and overloading the sensors...

  10. #200
    Senior Member Vortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    WOLF
    Posts
    277

    Default

    findthejake;

    Haha - that might very well be true. For instance, I'm capable of totally experiencing, enjoying and wrapping myself in a walk in a park. A few hours later I will be absolutely oblivious to my surroundings and see nothing around me. Every imaginative scenario is taken to the extreme, every emotion experienced to its utmost boundaries. That's the joy of it. Totally pure and unadulterated overload

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] Any ENFPs not fickle or "adhd"?
    By Malkavia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-22-2016, 06:26 PM
  2. ADHD, Fact or Fiction?
    By forzen in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 01:50 PM
  3. [ENFP] ENFPs, love, obsession, or myth???
    By Hexis in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 244
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 03:59 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Sensor Myths- Fact or Fiction? (for SJs too!)
    By miss fortune in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 05:01 PM
  5. [ENFP] ENFP's: Good or Bad Listeners?
    By SillySapienne in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO