User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    The guy...I don't know how his physical body doesn't just waste away...he's involved in so many things, and has like 3 jobs at once, and must only get like 4-5 hours of sleep a night - and historically has been this way too- (a 'real' job, going back to school, AND a 'fun' volunteer job, so he basically has no free time, or I guess he does, and squeezes socializing into everything else...but obviously likes it that way, and thrives off of it).
    I find I go to extremes when it comes to sleeping. I either find myself sleeping for twelve hours or more straight, or existing happily on just about nothing at all. Funny this has come up - I've literally just spent the last week completing a massive project for uni (And believe me when I say it was HUGE. No other way could I possibly staple myself to one spot for six days straight). It was due today, so I didn't get any sleep at all last night because I was finishing it off.

But now it's 10 pm, and I'm feeling much the same as I would normally feel (in alertness, mood) at this time of night... despite the fact I haven't slept for.. *counts* 38 hours.

Can't catch up on the sleep much this weekend, either. Have things both evenings. I'll survive, though.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I watch for it, and I love it, and usually get paranoid when I have to go without it more than usual...but I don't want people to know that I need it. That's just one of the many things I like to keep inside of me. I don't like seeming needy in any way. I'm usually alright with people knowing my weak points, though. I dunno. I think it's because I don't want people to think I'll slow them down or drain them out, or ever feel guilty or obliged to have to do something for me so that I can keep up.
    Hmm. I don't think needing reassurance is such an obvious trait, for me. But reading your post (niffer, you're so insightful!) I think I hide a lot of stuff (habits, emotions) away from people because I am not sure that I'll recieve the reassurance from them that I really need. And I won't ever ask for it. My family has a habit of teasing and laughing at each other (which is usually good, but still...), and my best friend is an INTP. Neither of which are particularly prone to give out honest compliments. (Even though I know in my head that they're supportive and will never find what I do stupid or rediculous, my heart is not so sure...)

Huh. Does that make any sense? ^^

(Roflol. There I go with the reassurance!)

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

so who here has to balance out their emotions?

You know when you spend way too much time socializing and having fun, so you need to unwind and relax or when you exhaust your Fi and your emotion it needs to be balanced with some silliness and excitement?
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    so who here has to balance out their emotions?

You know when you spend way too much time socializing and having fun, so you need to unwind and relax or when you exhaust your Fi and your emotion it needs to be balanced with some silliness and excitement?
    Yes, I do this. Sometimes I will need time to unwind simply to unwind, and other times I will suddenly be very quiet because I have been very outgoing and maybe feel that I have "overdone it" and annoyed people, or if someone has insulted me. But under normal circumstances I think some quiet recharging time is just a natural part of balancing out one's time and emotions. When I am resting, I will be quiet until I sense the need to gradually, cautiously switch back "on" again, if that makes sense. Then I will chat with people a bit and make some fun quip here and there.

MBTI
    enfp

I find the internet and forums really seem to add to this 'pressure' as there seems to be a constant swing of emotions. Especially with blogs where you share something personal and then I start to second guess my choices and what if I offended someone.... what if I shared too much.... oh no where do I hide...

yeah it can cause a roller coaster of emotions....
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Question

Do you guys, especially the women, feel like you have been forever typecast in the "little sister" role, where everyone feels compelled to tease you & insult you, to get a rise out of you? I've always felt that way, that my reactions must be so entertaining (or scary!), that this happens in nearly every environment I'm in.

I've seen it with ENFP guys, where other guys tease them like that too..........& usually the ENFPs are so self-deprecating that it becomes this non-threatening thing.

MBTI
    enfp

yes it gets old after a while

my husband constantly does this and his response is that I look so cute when I am angry.... gggggrrrrrr!!!!!!!
    Jung Test Results

Yeah I've always been easy to rib on but I also started putting back quite a bit too so now I would say it's a 2 way street. It certainly wasn't in high school though, there it just got piled on me but 'all in love'.

MBTI
    eNfP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    Yeah I've always been easy to rib on but I also started putting back quite a bit too so now I would say it's a 2 way street. It certainly wasn't in high school though, there it just got piled on me but 'all in love'.
    I do the same!

But with ENFP guys, even when they respond to the insulter, it takes all the competition out of it, almost like it's a parody of male competition, do you know what I mean??

oh totally