User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

I always feel like I am too much, that I am smoothering, especially in my friendships, you need someone strong to handle you

mmmmm why is it that as enfp's we seem to 'feel' others on a level that they are unaware that they are projecting? I hate that, hate feeling others emotions especially when I get the feeling they don't want anyone else to know I feeling like I am invading their privacy, I wouldn't want others to feel my emotions.

I get to be in a high emotional cut the tension with a knife b/c of me environment this weekend I am trying to mentally prepare for this... any advice from my fellow enfp's???
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

liquor... lots and lots.
    (kidding. I rarely drink to be drunk)
    I hate emotions, they are way too draining. I want to turn them off!

MBTI
    enfp

yes so do I,, unfortunately I will not be able to drink at all during either or these events.... *sigh*

hhhmmmm no not before either UGH! lol j/k I don't drink often but it does help to calm me and even me out a bit.
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Well then I wish you the best of luck anyway. Let yourself control the room as only we can!

then go hide in the closet or bathroom to try and recharge!

MBTI
    enfp

if only it were that simple....... yes if only
    Jung Test Results

MBTI
    ENFJ

mmmm why is it that as enfp's we seem to 'feel' others on a level that they are unaware that they are projecting? I hate that, hate feeling others emotions especially when I get the feeling they don't want anyone else to know I feeling like I am invading their privacy, I wouldn't want others to feel my emotions.

I am not an ENFP and I get the same feelings about others. When I am in highly charged emotional situation I take time to escape periodically so that I don't get overwhelmed.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Oh..I see, I see. But I can't imagine doing this all the time..like in regular conversation.
    I didn't mean in regular conversation, unless that regular conversation becomes really boring and you need to cautiously make the other person change the subject. I'm not suggesting that every thought or every sentence is laced with some ulterior motive, but it might be, in some cases.

MBTI
    WOLF

And about the smothering: I try to be as non-smothering as possible, which quite often has the setback that people think I don't care. There's just no way to win at that sort of thing.

I feel like some sort of emotional sponge half the time. I pick up on other people's moods and feelings, but because it seems so obvious to me, I've never thought of it as invading someone's privacy. I'll have to think about that - the thought has never crossed my mind before.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    I feel like some sort of emotional sponge half the time. I pick up on other people's moods and feelings, but because it seems so obvious to me, I've never thought of it as invading someone's privacy. I'll have to think about that - the thought has never crossed my mind before.
    I always thought that was one of the most interesting thing about ENFPs. It's like they don't even have to look at you to know how you're feeling. I never would have even considered such a thing.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Talking

Wow. Okay, so I just finished reading 15 pages of ENFP discussion, (instead of sleeping and/or doing homework) and OMG. So much of this is so very me!

ENFPs are like introverted extroverts. Every single one I've known had a distinct ability to be rather alone without notable negative effects, though they often yearned for more, they could also be content in this state much easier (and longer) than any other extrovert I've come in contact with. They're also the only non-NT extrovert that seem to enjoy being social online, but I have yet to understand why this is.
    I've always been interested in personality tests and stuff, and only recently worked out what I probably was. But still, some of the descriptions of ENFPs seemed a bit off. But this quote here... Woah. Nothing's ever described me so perfectly! ^^

Lately I've been feeling like I've been getting into the habit of spending far too much time alone, though. I need to get out of this place.

Hrm. I have to resist writing an essay, here.

I have read that their biggest fault can be procrastination,
    (probably caused by their idealism and perfectionism).
    I have seen this.
    It's worse for them than for other people.
    Yes, yes, yes! Now it makes sense why just about everybody else seems to be able to knuckle down and get at least some work done on this huge project we have due whenever, wheras I can't. I just can't. Not until the last minute. (At which point I work continuously for hours (or even days) on end quite effectively.)

We secretly worry about other's perceptions of us and often feel like we aren't as popular as we are.
    Absolutely. More than once I've been completely surprised by a person I've considered as being very popular turning around and saying how lovely and nice they think I am!

I feel like some sort of emotional sponge half the time.
    Oh yes. My sponge-ness even extends into even opinions and likes/dislikes. Especially if they dislike something I previously liked/didn't mind. (Usually things I really really like aren't too affected). My regard for that thing goes down instantly. It's bizarre.

God, I love being an ENFP. Except for when I don't.
    Amen to that.

(Okay, so much for trying to not write an essay. What can I say? When something enthralls me... )