• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] enfp's fact or fiction

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
findthejake;

Haha - that might very well be true. For instance, I'm capable of totally experiencing, enjoying and wrapping myself in a walk in a park. A few hours later I will be absolutely oblivious to my surroundings and see nothing around me. Every imaginative scenario is taken to the extreme, every emotion experienced to its utmost boundaries. That's the joy of it. Totally pure and unadulterated overload :)

yup that's it.....

interesting to think that people try drugs to experience what we get naturally

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
When I used to smoke the marijuana, it was to get my mind to stop tripping. Just complete shutdown, not even accomplished in my sleep. Relaxing never feels like relaxing, my muscles always tense up and my brain never stops wandering around.

Oh and waiting for friends to call me back... that's the worst.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
When I used to smoke the marijuana, it was to get my mind to stop tripping. Just complete shutdown, not even accomplished in my sleep. Relaxing never feels like relaxing, my muscles always tense up and my brain never stops wandering around.

Oh and waiting for friends to call me back... that's the worst.

hello??? is that me trapped over there??? lol

:smile:

:hug: I am NOT alone *sigh* :hug:

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP
funny you should say this Jake.... I was chatting to someone who was telling mewhat a trip acid was because of how good it felt. He used examples like seeing the music, and tasting a sound and how everything became alive. I explained to him that, that was my reality..... really he said.... seriously I said. He scored intp for what it's worth.

me tooo targo, years ago when i went out with a bunch of mates, theyre all popping pills and stuff when i dont,and i dont drink to get drunk neither, and then they start to vibe with 'me' better! crazy!
i think in younger days were the better
bunch of

naturally occurring hallucigenics:shock: fly agarical self exposed mr kiplings.
course i'm much worse now, i sit quitley boring and let others to entertain me!

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
have I told you all that my heart is blistering? Yeah it is.

Ok more about us, I have never been turned down for a job if I get an interview. My personality skills always win out, even if I have no experience whatsoever.

And I never drink to get drunk, unless it's a drinking game, then it just kind of happens.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
never in my life have I been around so many people like me. I don't know if I have ever met another enfp... no I don't know if I have. But like jake it's refreshing and makes me feel like there is less wrong with me.

I always question everything and second guess myself. I am super self conscious and worry non stop about how people perceive me. I often play conversations over in my head and then yell at me for saying something stupid.....

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I play conversations through in my head too. On the same note I'm often creating possible scenarios and the conversation therein and playing them in my head. I will also run through worst-case scenarios in some masochistic attempt to prepare myself for deaths and funerals.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Ok I admit it-it is hard for me even to confess that I am an ENFP because I wanted to show a different layer ( on this forum) than the one which exposes who I truly am....but here it is:
ENFP's are great in terms of imagination; picture this: a few years ago I was in love (relationship) and one day I came across a cd/artist named Espen Lind (whom I also think is an ENFP) and throughout his whole CD he was singing about the one he's loved and no longer has. The effect that Espen's album had upon me, was that I was thinking about me and "my love" breaking up all day, just so that I could experience that. I loved her and I didn't want to lose her, yet I felt that it would be very interesting to just experience that!
When I was younger, I sometimes would imagine what it would be like if I died.....not that I wanted to die, but I would lie on my bed at night for hours (3am)and picture the whole funeral thing as if it was a real thing-my mom dad sisters crying..etc, as a matter of fact so real that at one point tears were running down my face, crying as if I died/...lol"

Wow...I thought this was just me being super cheesy. I'm on the T/F cusp and when I scored higher on the T, I would TOTALLY hide the fact I am a closet sap. The first time I fell in love I very dramatically told myself, "I think I'm supposed to die now because I've experience love". WTH. I knew I was being corny, but it just seemed like such a nice line to say...and a nice line for a movie or bad romance novel. Of course I told NO ONE of these things, I just kept to myself or else journaled privately. I've also once or twice imagined that I'd died or a lover had cheated on me and brought myself to cathartic tears. HOW EMBARASSING.

Sometimes I play out the beginning and end of completely fictional or casual relationships in very dramatic terms filled with tears and betrayal. I get really into it and it's actually quite enjoyable though it probably takes all of 3-15 minutes for me to play out in my head...perhaps that is sick?

Even though I play out the scenarios in my head, I am totally not serious about wanting or expecting the scenarios to actually happen. But, I can't help (wanting to) imagine it all.

"I am a public speaker: when I arrange my thoughts on a paper, thoughts which I will later on memorize, I can already foresee people's reaction to every thought! Not only that but I can actually become aware of every detail's own timing-meaning that if I were to say a humoristic sentence before actually building up to it slowly, I am aware of the fact that I will not extract the same intensity in emotion from the hearer. .."

I totally understand what you are saying. I can vividly feel and see what a presentation or performance may be like and the audience's reaction, but of course, partly this is a mental preparation and the actual performance may have completely different results.

And see, that makes sense. I'm also a writer and performer and am currently working on my writing to get it $aleable. I think ENFP's have a lot of plusses to go into writing and performance, including the ability to objectively see and critique our work and accept criticism at face value. As well as having a dramatic streak and living in hyperreality and SEEING people and possibilities -- this makes for great drama and storytelling.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Ok more about us, I have never been turned down for a job if I get an interview. My personality skills always win out, even if I have no experience whatsoever.
QUOTE]

My my, aren't we the confident one. FindTheJake, are you giving the rest of us ENFP's a bad rep on the other boards???

:)

Because...yeah, I totally know what you are talking about. I have charmed the pants off of people and honestly I have gotten jobs and swear to god felt like I had 'fooled' people. But, please don't tell my former employers that.

I think part of this is not just charm but intelligence, a sophisticated ENFP knows instinctively what people want and need to hear and how to come across as X.

It's pretty damn obvious...

We're all going to hell aren't we?

Or maybe just me.

Plus, I think as ENFPs we agree we can be paranoid and not give ourselves enough credit.

That's a pretty bad combo of always thinking that you are 'fooling' someone into thinking you are competent and smart. You're not fooling them. You really ARE confident and smart. I've had coworkers and bosses tell me that I don't seem like I'm 'scared of anything' and that I can 'talk to anyone'. Um...NO.

Even when people are attracted to me and make their feelings obvious, I STILL feel like I'm 'fooling' people (but perhaps this is a female issue in general?) and they will be totally displeased when they see the REAL me which is totally NOT charming, NOT smooth, and NOT cute. I have no idea why someone is attracted to me unless I think that I am obviously more physically attractive than them or I think they are painfully shy and just attracted to anyone who SEEMS extroverted and unthreatening.

Dear gawd, I am making us look so flippin' bad right now aren't I.... I always feel like I have to 'act' and 'make people like me'... The concept of just liking me for me is still foreign and a problem for intimate relationships. I mean, would I even like myself if I was around me? Probably not, because I would be able to see right through me and know that I was acting and see all the insecurities and obviously I dont' want to be around fake or insecure people. WTH???

And yes, the whole 'feeling fake and detached from oneself' really resonates with me at times.

Man, I just realize I am a lot more immature than I thought.

My friend told me that there is no way I could have gone through the job screening process that I did to get the salary and position I did. I had a pretty high-paying job and was responsible for millions of dollars in business along with managing a direct report. But honestly, I felt like I had fooled everyone and was a huge fake. That was a really bad way to start the job...

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
well luckily we get to try lots and lots of jobs...lol
I am 23 and already I have a list of past jobs longer than a dozen regular guys put together. Truly am a jake of all trades!

But yeah I hear ya. Lately I have been feeling a lot less fake than I used to. I still sometimes feel like people think me to be more of an adventurer than I really am but I guess compared to most, I kind of am. I'm no Indiana Jones yet but maybe someday. I still occasionally feel like nobody really knows me but I have been working on that alot to. I almost don't feel like there is a mask up anymore, though my heart is trying desperately hard to put it back up. I am way too vulnerable in this state. With the mask on I can take on the world and everything just bounces off but with it down I become some kind of receptor that takes everything in and internalizes it. I don't dig it at all!

_Ti_

MBTI Type
ENFP
One of the worst things about being ENFP... I always feel like I have to change. Like I have no right to stand up for myself, ever, because whoever I would stand up against kind of has a point. Like when I think I'm doing good and something goes wrong, maybe I'm not so good and I was really just being arrogant but people were too polite to say anything?
I like caring about people but wouldn't it be great if I could put as much effort into caring for myself?

_Ti_

MBTI Type
ENFP
Isn't it nice? I laughed when I found this thread. I didn't feel like a such a wierd freak anymore.

brazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I always feel the need to keep the first impression that I give. For example, I feel ashamed and disappointed when I turn in a project to a teacher who I highly respect and who expects the best from me. My boss loves me, but I feel like it's because I molded my personality into what HE wanted to see during our interview. I AM like that, but only when I have certain people around me.

I have a problem with authority. I respect it (like following the laws, abiding by rules) but I hate it when someone tells me to do something. It's a bit childish, but I hate feeling like someone has authority over me. I've gotten into many arguments with my dad (who, like me, is a Leo and a Horse [Chinese zodiac] and is King of Wands whereas I am the Page of Wands [tarot]; I wouldn't be surprised if he were an ENFP as well) about doing something stupid like folding the clothes or putting something away or something.

It was something I would have easily done if he asked nicely. But demanding it just frustrates me.

Um.. Reading all this, I had so much to say, but I can't remember any of it.

Oh! Headaches. I get them all the time. And I'm always so tense (mostly my shoulders and neck). Whenever I'm in pain though, I always forget to get medicine. I don't even think about it. I'm in pain and I sort of sit through it. Someone has to suggest Advil before I even think of it. Is this true with anyone else? Or is this stretching it?

I wonder how much of our personality has to do with ourselves and the influences outside of us.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
): Advil doesn't help much for me..

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
yes yes yes it's all true... I am not weird I am not a freak and I have had a mild headache since saturday... I fight through nothing really helps add nauseousness to it as well and UGH!

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
o.o I dunno...the more I read in here the more I feel that I'm not very similar to you guys.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
o.o I dunno...the more I read in here the more I feel that I'm not very similar to you guys.

Well, that just proves that MBTI typing isn't the be-all and end-all of personality... even amongst ENFPs we have differences. :)

For example, I'm not a tense person at all. I'm fairly laid-back, relaxed, and I rarely get headaches or muscle tension.