MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    awesomeness gone awry
    You are some serious business over there, arent'chya!
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    Again, only basing this off one ENFP guy I know and one ENFP girl I know... When I'm brought around his friends, I sense that they view him as silly, funny, almost light-hearted and outgoing guy. I only rarely get to see that side of him. Sometimes I got the feeling he was (and still is) trying too hard to be deep and serious with me, when really...? I love to play! Cut loose with me! I like having in-depth conversations too, but sometimes it's a too-serious over-load. Especially when it leads to too emotional of subjects. I guess that isn't what people typically see as "guarded" but what I mean is I felt like he was guarding certain sides of him from me.... when I wanted to see all sides, silly included. :P My ENFP sister doesn't ever seem to have a problem showing any of her sides.
    Well different people often get to see different sides of me, but usually the fun-loving silly side is the most apparent with friends. Then there are those friends I've deemed worthy of discussing stuff like... say... philosophy. Emotional subjects though... really rare someone gets access to that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well different people often get to see different sides of me, but usually the fun-loving silly side is the most apparent with friends. Then there are those friends I've deemed worthy of discussing stuff like... say... philosophy. Emotional subjects though... really rare someone gets access to that.
    i'm the same as sy in this respect actually. i'll share the silly side...or deep intellectual side...but really just one or two people see the emotional side....other people can talk to me about emotional subjects and i can talk with them and be supportive and helpful and all that but rarely do i also go there with them....just not comfortable with it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Fifi!

Where did I say you weren't awesome?

*kisses the frog and revives him*
    *Turns into the prince of ENFPness, and sweeps her off her feet..... literally..... with a broom........ oops? Damn! That's not right at all! *

Quote Originally Posted by ZiL View Post
    You are some serious business over there, arent'chya!
    Seriously? ENFP Males are, in general, much more masculine, hairy, bearded, smelly, loud, obnoxious, violent, and so on than ENFP Females. I'd say we are rare, but I think we are more well done, with a tasty sweet caramelized charcoal taste. Well, that... and we do everything so well, and I personally do so LOVE to be DONE WELL!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i'm the same as sy in this respect actually. i'll share the silly side...or deep intellectual side...but really just one or two people see the emotional side....other people can talk to me about emotional subjects and i can talk with them and be supportive and helpful and all that but rarely do i also go there with them....just not comfortable with it.
    Hm. Interesting. It's a mixture of intellectual conversations and things personal to both of us. He says that I'm always the first person he calls when he's struggling with something. He's called me at 1am before just to talk about a traumatic experience he had with an ex earlier. ENFPs are so different than me it's hard to translate what he wants/needs/feels for me (So a lot of times I get so frustrated I can't figure it out). We're "just friends" for now. I love him to death, but man... he overwhelms me sometimes. ENFPs (Guys as well as girls, I'm sure) can really have a bizarre effect on people :P

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Hm. Interesting. It's a mixture of intellectual conversations and things personal to both of us. He says that I'm always the first person he calls when he's struggling with something. He's called me at 1am before just to talk about a traumatic experience he had with an ex earlier. ENFPs are so different than me it's hard to translate what he wants/needs/feels for me (So a lot of times I get so frustrated I can't figure it out). We're "just friends" for now. I love him to death, but man... he overwhelms me sometimes. ENFPs (Guys as well as girls, I'm sure) can really have a bizarre effect on people :P
    Well, from my perspective, he obviously feels like he's made a connection with you. You could probably take it to the next level with him if you wanted to, or not if you don't. I, at least, love to goof around; but at the same time, I have a deep desire, even need, to connect to a few chosen on a much deeper level. Doesn't have to be romantic, but it can be. You are obviously a "chosen one" of his. He desires you to understand his true self, and be excepting of it. You have basically pulled the sword from the stone, in his eyes.

MBTI
    ISFJ

That might subconsciously the reason why we don't share certain with anyone just like that - everyone knows us as fun people that often affect the mood of the group (of friends), and we know that if we were to be completely transparent we would bring the mood down. You explained your wish for your friend to be his silly self near you like he is with other people....it's because everyone likes and wants that from us, that we tend to choose very carefully when to share the deeper side of ourselves. Not everyone can deal with the fact that the charismatic, happy-go-lucky Ne-dominant is the same person with the deep Fi thoughts/considerations. It confuses people.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Stig: Yeah, I've sensed he wants me to "understand his true self"... And I do try and -want- to know, but man is it a challenge when all our functions oppose each other. I accept him as he is, regardless, and he knows that. In fact, I think he thinks I accept him most, and that is one of the reasons that connection was made. Just because his thought process is foreign to me doesn't mean I can't accept him, fortunately. He often voices that he's happy I'm in his life, because people keep "leaving" once he shows a certain side of himself... I guess when he says things like that, I'm cautious about it. Don't ENFPs have a drive to make people feel loved and appreciated? I have a hard time deciphering whether I'm just another grocery store cashier that he goes out of his way to make feel special. As an ISTP, I'm very choosy about who I spend my time and attention to... but somehow he gives his time and attention to everyone

Sy: Similar to what I just said, I accept all sides of him. God knows I have some pretty weird sides to me. All I guess I would like is a bit more balance... I love hearing his thoughts, because I find it fascinating, and I'm flattered he's "chosen" me. But let's cut loose from time to time, no? I want to see all his sides Anyways, I like hearing things from other ENFPs because it's just more pieces to the puzzle to figuring him out. The Ti dominance in me just -has- to figure things out completely and entirely to be satisfied and to make sense of something...

Thanks guys :P Y'all were really helpful

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

That might subconsciously the reason why we don't share certain with anyone just like that - everyone knows us as fun people that often affect the mood of the group (of friends), and we know that if we were to be completely transparent we would bring the mood down. You explained your wish for your friend to be his silly self near you like he is with other people....it's because everyone likes and wants that from us, that we tend to choose very carefully when to share the deeper side of ourselves. Not everyone can deal with the fact that the charismatic, happy-go-lucky Ne-dominant is the same person with the deep Fi thoughts/considerations. It confuses people.
    love this post...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    entp

i think enfp males are the most prone to power of suggesstion