User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: ENFP Males

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Sy, this a language barrier. I've addressed you several times. Maybe someone else will kindly explain it to you. I don't care to debate whether ENFP males show their sensitvity or not; I'd rather watch paint drip. So this debate is done on my part.
    Okay.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm a young ENFP male (16 years old!)

I am highly sensitive, too. I build off of sadness, sad things, and being sad re-energizes me because it's me in my pure state. I'm not emo or anything, but I kind of have an emo side (though most people think I'm more of a hippy)..but I'm not either. I am highly aspiring, and lazy, and am easily inspired, but not so motivated.

I don't fit into any stereotype, I have no home (figuratively), I'm independent, and full of love. I'm hardcore about things, and can be aggressive when need be. I usually stand up for my rights and hate order..I tend to destroy order unintentionally.

About three months ago, I have a very character-defining moment. My track coach pulled me aside from practice one day and he tells me that I "attract people to get away from our scheduled agenda..when we need things done, people don't like to listen when you're around."

In the end, what really matters is being real. Getting deep, pushing aside all the things that don't matter, and deeply loving others and helping them. Nothing more, nothing less, and I certainly wouldn't trade my passion for anything.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    My really good friend is apparently an ENFP I saw him crying in a movie once and i was like...wtf...
    Sorry, that's just funny.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by ZiL View Post
    In the "What's my type?" thread I'm trying to figure out whether my boyfriend is an ENTP or an ENFP. I figured ENTP for a while, and he tested that way in school, but I'm just about positive about my type, and something is off about the ENTP label for him. I'm not sure how gender differences and age (he's 19) incorporate into that, but the outer toughness and directness in communication that some of you are describing as showing up in male ENFPs reminds me strongly of my bf. He can come off as very directive when he's in charge of something involving enacting a change he believes in, but the more I get to know him, the more I'm surprised by how soft/tender he is when it's just you and him. It's more than I am, that's for sure, lol.

In case he is an ENFP, I'll describe him for ya'll:

- very idealistic, always looking for what can be improved
    - loves making grand plans, but they can change completely by the day
    - very goofy, jokes a lot
    - great storyteller, probably could be a great actor
    - likes to be a center of attention
    - can give off a super-macho vibe sometimes, but doesn't seem to be his natural state
    - can be directive and pushy at times, though will back off and be more flexible of you confront him about it
    - extremely considerate for individuals. I can't count the number of times he's done something nice for me, from brushing hair out of my eyes constantly (I'm an absent-minded professor wreck lol), to buying me a thumb drive to put my photos on so I can take them to a photo club meeting he loves going to and show them off.
    - he's very supportive of growth in other individuals
    - not afraid to confront people if he has a problem
    - if someone confronts him angrily, he will escalate immediately, but if you confront him calmly he will listen with little defensiveness
    - extremely outwardly confident
    - eyes that express basically everything
    - seems to really hold back from expressing feelings directly
    - can be very opinionated
    - sticks strong to his causes (he's into environmental activism - he doesn't use plastic bags at the grocery, gets annoyed when waiters give him straws [waste of paper and plastic!]). Would prefer the "rise up and protest" method to the "consider all the factors and then decide the best approach from there"
    Sounds like an ENFP with a well developed Te and Fe (I got the Te part from the original thread you started where you mentioned that he is good with logical arguments when he wants to be). He is a young ENFP but sounds like one of us. So, out of curiosity, how is the ENFP-ENTP match working out? In my experience, the chemistry is really pretty unbelievable as is the intensity and the many hours of Ne driven conversation but sometimes the communication regarding emotions can be hard. Be sure to tell him how much you appreciate him every now and then, will you? ENFPs need that, even if they say they don't.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Sounds like an ENFP with a well developed Te and Fe (I got the Te part from the original thread you started where you mentioned that he is good with logical arguments when he wants to be). He is a young ENFP but sounds like one of us. So, out of curiosity, how is the ENFP-ENTP match working out? In my experience, the chemistry is really pretty unbelievable as is the intensity and the many hours of Ne driven conversation but sometimes the communication regarding emotions can be hard. Be sure to tell him how much you appreciate him every now and then, will you? ENFPs need that, even if they say they don't.

Thanks for your response. Now that I'm actually looking for Te, I'm really seeing it.

Well, I'd say it's gone quite well so far. The only issue being that what I believe to be the Fi/Te combo in action throws me for a loop sometimes. He has a habit of stating his opinions as if they are fact, or...basically talking like he knows more than he does, when he's really just giving you his personal feelings on a topic. That really drove me crazy for a while, because I felt that propensity really stifled out open, Ne-driven conversations we could be having, and I don't really relate to that way of communication because it's not natural to me. But now that I'm seeing it for what it is, that is getting better.

Chemistry is good though, and I think it'll only get better as both of us get more mature. We joke constantly, and tend to take everything in stride. We don't make definite plans, we just sort of go with the flow, and we can converse for hours about the most serious or the most pointless things. Though it drives me crazy sometimes, I really do admire his ability to translate his personal feelings towards an ideal into some sort of action, and I like the fact that he's not overtly feely but you can tell emotions run deep. Physical chemistry is really funny too. We're both skinny and Awkward (with a capital "A").

You're absolutely on-target, though, about the difficulty we have expressing emotions to each other. We both spend so much time reacting to each other and to the outside world together, that when we try to stop and really express the deeper things, it can be tough to figure out how to bring it up, and I think we both fear each others' reactions.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm an ENFP and I occasionally test as ENTP...

I don't fit into any stereotype, I have no home (figuratively), I'm independent, and full of love. I'm hardcore about things, and can be aggressive when need be. I usually stand up for my rights and hate order..I tend to destroy order unintentionally.

About three months ago, I have a very character-defining moment. My track coach pulled me aside from practice one day and he tells me that I "attract people to get away from our scheduled agenda..when we need things done, people don't like to listen when you're around."

In the end, what really matters is being real. Getting deep, pushing aside all the things that don't matter, and deeply loving others and helping them. Nothing more, nothing less, and I certainly wouldn't trade my passion for anything.
    3 of my closest friends are ENFP males. This describes each of them perfectly and uniquely.

They're amazing people. Very sensitive, VERY fun and occasionally kind of stressful

As far as my experience goes, you ENFP guys aren't that rare, but you sure are lovely individuals. I wouldn't trade these friendships for anything!

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I actually know a male ENFP. He jokes like an ENTP, but he's too crazy to be a T.

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm an ENFP male, though I don't always feel like an E. More of an xNFP. Maybe it's just because the ENFP I know is a girl and very bubbly and excited. Perhaps the males are a bit more guarded. But I could easily be mistaken as an INFP who just likes to let loose on the dance floor and hang out all the time.

With me you get a lot of passion, enthusiasm, crazy NF discussions, goal setting, ideals and the like. Love sports, playing music (singing, guitar, bass, tenor sax), hanging out with friends, going to concerts, chatting over coffee, etc.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    I'm an ENFP male, though I don't always feel like an E. More of an xNFP. Maybe it's just because the ENFP I know is a girl and very bubbly and excited. Perhaps the males are a bit more guarded. But I could easily be mistaken as an INFP who just likes to let loose on the dance floor and hang out all the time.

That makes sense...I vaguely remember a thread suggesting ENFPs can be somewhat introverted extroverts at times. My ENFP sister is pretty social and -loves- relating to others, so it surprises people when they discover she needs a lot of down time. When trying to figure out a problem (usually people-related problem), she needs a fairly even mix of talking about her feelings with people close to her and working it out in her own head by herself. Same with an ENFP friend I used to date. He always seems pretty out-going and then one day he'll say he needs a "Date with himself: a good book and a glass of wine." Oh, but he definitely comes off as more guarded than my sister... so maybe the guys being more guarded theory is right?