User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 64

Thread: ENFP Males

  1. #11
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    Ha ha,
    enfps are farm animals.

    thinking of you

  2. #12
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    My really good friend is apparently an ENFP I saw him crying in a movie once and i was like...wtf...
    Lol, very ISTP'ish reaction.
    Imagine, my husband (ISTP) and me.
    He never understand me when I'm crying when watching tv shows. He thought I was feeling down and he doens't understand I'm feelin´g for somebody else.

    I think I know few male ENFP's.
    My boss at work, he is quite definitely ENFP. I can recognize certain patterns of ENFP with him but I do think male ENFP's seem much tougher to the outside than the female as Lauren there put it. The gender difference + how the society wants us to behave.

    I had an online chat with another ENFP male while gameplaying online game. He's comments made me a bit surprised at times because I do live with tough ISTP male. I mean, I'm really not used to see tenderness and softness in guys because I live with the ulitmately manly man who is really not that emotional.

    I think I've used too many 's in this post.

  3. #13
    Senior Member ZiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    511

    Default

    In the "What's my type?" thread I'm trying to figure out whether my boyfriend is an ENTP or an ENFP. I figured ENTP for a while, and he tested that way in school, but I'm just about positive about my type, and something is off about the ENTP label for him. I'm not sure how gender differences and age (he's 19) incorporate into that, but the outer toughness and directness in communication that some of you are describing as showing up in male ENFPs reminds me strongly of my bf. He can come off as very directive when he's in charge of something involving enacting a change he believes in, but the more I get to know him, the more I'm surprised by how soft/tender he is when it's just you and him. It's more than I am, that's for sure, lol.

    In case he is an ENFP, I'll describe him for ya'll:

    - very idealistic, always looking for what can be improved
    - loves making grand plans, but they can change completely by the day
    - very goofy, jokes a lot
    - great storyteller, probably could be a great actor
    - likes to be a center of attention
    - can give off a super-macho vibe sometimes, but doesn't seem to be his natural state
    - can be directive and pushy at times, though will back off and be more flexible of you confront him about it
    - extremely considerate for individuals. I can't count the number of times he's done something nice for me, from brushing hair out of my eyes constantly (I'm an absent-minded professor wreck lol), to buying me a thumb drive to put my photos on so I can take them to a photo club meeting he loves going to and show them off.
    - he's very supportive of growth in other individuals
    - not afraid to confront people if he has a problem
    - if someone confronts him angrily, he will escalate immediately, but if you confront him calmly he will listen with little defensiveness
    - extremely outwardly confident
    - eyes that express basically everything
    - seems to really hold back from expressing feelings directly
    - can be very opinionated
    - sticks strong to his causes (he's into environmental activism - he doesn't use plastic bags at the grocery, gets annoyed when waiters give him straws [waste of paper and plastic!]). Would prefer the "rise up and protest" method to the "consider all the factors and then decide the best approach from there"
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

  4. #14
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    sounds enfp yep
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  5. #15
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Definitions of apt on the Web:

    • 1. inclined; disposed; given; prone:
    You don't think we are all that?


    I don't understand why this is relevant. We're talking about a certain type in the population, not preferences.
    It's relevant because, even if we are not the rarest, we could be regarded as the strangest in a sense. And the topic title is "ENFP Male" so I'm guessing any curiosity relating to us is relevant. I wasn't directing that at you. I was just checking your link and commenting on what I saw.

    Who said that it did?
    No one. But I see it implied all over.

    Why are you asking me these questions? I'm not directing this at someone so much as commenting on the topic of hand.

  6. #16
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    You don't think we are all that?
    All what? Those are synonyms for apt.

    It's relevant because, even if we are not the rarest, we could be regarded as the strangest in a sense.
    Maybe. We could also say that ESTP, although not the rarest, has Se where ISTJ has Si, Ti where ISTJ has Se, etc. But the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

    Why are you asking me these questions? I'm not directing this at someone so much as commenting on the topic of hand.
    Because you quoted me and then asked me a question. It's generally thought that when you quote someone, you are directing your response at them.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    All what? Those are synonyms for apt.
    R ya pullin me leg? You don't think we are inclined towards sensitivity, disposed toward sensitivity, given to sensitivity, prone to sensitivity? That was my question. And no they are not synonyms. You are apt to the job. Doesn't mean you are prone to do the job.


    Maybe. We could also say that ESTP, although not the rarest, has Se where ISTJ has Si, Ti where ISTJ has Se, etc. But the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
    True. But I wasn't talking in terms of functions. You got my point.


    Because you quoted me and then asked me a question. It's generally thought that when you quote someone, you are directing your response at them.
    I asked you no question. What am I to do then when I want to address different people/topics in the same post? :P I directed the first sentence at you, yes. The rest were just my thoughts on the topic subject.

    EDITED
    Last edited by Moiety; 06-22-2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: lol sorry i keep editing the posts because of new typos :P

  8. #18
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I score a 30, you ?

    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #19
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    R ya pullin me leg? You don't think we are inclined towards sensitivity, disposed toward sensitivity, given to sensitivity, prone to sensitivity? And no they are synonyms. You are apt to the job. Doesn't mean you are prone to do the job.


    Please read the sentence again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I think many NF males are not apt to show the sensitivity inherent in the NF temperament because of gender roles[...]
    -----------
    True. But I wasn't talking in terms of functions. You got my point.
    I got that your point was a random tangent. Ne, ftw?

    I asked you no question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Depends on how you define apt.
    I interpreted this as questioning how I was using the word apt in this context. I think things are just getting lost in translation as I know English is not your first language.

    What am I to do then when I want to address different people/topics in the same post? :P
    Multi-quote is your friend. If you're addressing the topic, then don't quote anyone.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post


    Please read the sentence again:

    -----------

    I got that your point was a random tangent. Ne, ftw?




    I interpreted this as questioning how I was using the word apt in this context. I think things are just getting lost in translation as I know English is not your first language.


    Multi-quote is your friend. If you're addressing the topic, then don't quote anyone.
    Ouch!

    And you quoted me before I edited that to correct it. The point is they are not synonyms. I was asking you a simple yes or no question, why so reluctant?

    No the point was not a tangent. The point was that we have 4 major character defining traits the stereotypical male (ISTJ for the sake of argument) does not.


    All is right in Wonderland.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] What attracts an ENFP male and how do you keep him?
    By Lightyear in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-24-2017, 03:58 PM
  2. [ENFP] The ENFP Male
    By Angry Ayrab in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 07:29 PM
  3. [ENFP] Attention ENFP Males
    By Thessaly in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 01:20 AM
  4. [ENFP] INFJ female, ENFP male; need input and help!
    By Hotherym in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 09:23 PM
  5. [ENFP] Are ENFP Males Prissy
    By ThatGirl in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 11:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO