• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF's with NT's

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
NF's, do you have any NT's friends that you run problems by for a logcial perspective? For example: Daisy De La Hoya (probably an ENFP) has a friend (seemingly INTP) that she runs issues by whenever she can't decide. Do any of you have such friends?

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ
Yes, definitely. My husband is an INTJ, as is one of my best friends, several other friends, and my mentor. I have found that when I'm able to get an INTJ view on whatever the problem is, they will apply their ability to synthesize information and help me separate out my emotions from what needs to be done. For me, that's pretty vital as I can get lost in a sea of obsessing over whatever there is to analyzed; often, I have found that one of my INTJ advisors will come up with a solution that I haven't even thought of. It's the antidote to my tunnel vision.

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It depends. Personally I don't find I need a lot of advice from others whether they be T or F. Ordinarily I already know what needs to be done or what I'm going to do, I just want someone who will listen to me whilst I vent and let off steam.

That said however, if I've got an idea I want to share or I'm just looking for an interesting debate, I will nearly always take it to an NT. My INTJ boyfriend and I initially grew curious about one another through discussions like that and the intellectual connection it brought about, and one of my closest suspected-INTP friends can always intrigue and make me laugh with his crazy ideas. NTs are great for that, I love them.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, but they do confirm parts of what I've already thought about and worked through.

Ruthie

MBTI Type
?
I don't think so. I don't feel like I lack the ability to look at things objectively/logically. I just don't think it's my preference. I can usually weigh the logical side of a problem against the subjective side without any help. That isn't to say I won't seek advice on things... but more to get a different perspective rather than to apply the "logic filter."

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NF's, do you have any NT's friends that you run problems by for a logcial perspective? For example: Daisy De La Hoya (probably an ENFP) has a friend (seemingly INTP) that she runs issues by whenever she can't decide. Do any of you have such friends?

I can do that myself. I have NT friends for different perspectives on common issues among other things, I also have them for friends because they are great people (that's the only reason you need a friend).

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
... can always intrigue and make me laugh with his crazy ideas. NTs are great for that, I love them.

This is the part that unnerves me. These ideas and thoughts are deeply important to me and pretty much the essence of my being. But to the NF, it's just a bit of fun to keep you occupied and laughing when you're bored :(

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the part that unnerves me. These ideas and thoughts are deeply important to me and pretty much the essence of my being. But to the NF, it's just a bit of fun to keep you occupied and laughing when you're bored :(
They are both funny and insightful.

To the OP: I will go to my NT friends for another perspective. I appreciate the back and forth flow of ideas. But ultimately I have to come to my own decisions.

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I also have them for friends because they are great people (that's the only reason you need a friend).

They are definitely great people. :yes:

Not at all! His ideas are very intriguing to me, it's just that he often seems to resort to humour to express himself, using a kind of dry wit that I notice a lot of INTPs seem to possess and one that I really appreciate.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I have a large bank of NTs I go to for different kinds of logical problems. I have two NTJs who get relied on more than others.

Whenever they have relationship problems they come to me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My SO is my sounding board. When I cannot unravel a situation, or have had a new idea, I'll bounce it off of him and wait for him to show me a completely different view on the situation, and he doesn't disappoint ;)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No
I do have an INTJ friend, but we he runs things off me more so than the other way around

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
All of my best friends are ENTJs. Having a constant litmus test for everything you say can be quite beneficial.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope.
They confide in me and vent to me though. I play everyone's therapist :rolli: :D
Honestly, when I was close to one INTP (before he crossed the line of no return into belligerent ass land), he would offer emotional support in his own little INTP way: "Who cares what other people think; other people are stupid!". No actually, he'd get quite philosophical, but it would convey a practical message; it was helpful.

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
he would offer emotional support in his own little INTP way: "Who cares what other people think; other people are stupid!". No actually, he'd get quite philosophical, but it would convey a practical message; it was helpful.

That sounds familiar, only the INTP I know tends to provide me with an infinite number of comedic and creative ways in which I can decapitate or otherwise maim the people that are frustrating me. Frustrating situations get the laser-guided bomb from space approach.

Either way... not practical actually, but it does usually cheer me up. :laugh:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mmh, when I can't think of a really solid advice that would be sufficiently pleasing in my mind. I will seek out light headed alternatives that will indirectly help nonetheless. :)

I had a period where a lot of people confided in me, and I did a lot of cheering up and can relate to this a lot. We seem to have a way of relativating the most trickiest of situations. Dillema solving R us. :p