Thread: NF's with NT's

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Default NF's with NT's

NF's, do you have any NT's friends that you run problems by for a logcial perspective? For example: Daisy De La Hoya (probably an ENFP) has a friend (seemingly INTP) that she runs issues by whenever she can't decide. Do any of you have such friends?

MBTI
    XNFJ

Yes, definitely. My husband is an INTJ, as is one of my best friends, several other friends, and my mentor. I have found that when I'm able to get an INTJ view on whatever the problem is, they will apply their ability to synthesize information and help me separate out my emotions from what needs to be done. For me, that's pretty vital as I can get lost in a sea of obsessing over whatever there is to analyzed; often, I have found that one of my INTJ advisors will come up with a solution that I haven't even thought of. It's the antidote to my tunnel vision.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj

Nope...I take care of that myself quite well.
    Enneagram 9w1 sp/so
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

It depends. Personally I don't find I need a lot of advice from others whether they be T or F. Ordinarily I already know what needs to be done or what I'm going to do, I just want someone who will listen to me whilst I vent and let off steam.

That said however, if I've got an idea I want to share or I'm just looking for an interesting debate, I will nearly always take it to an NT. My INTJ boyfriend and I initially grew curious about one another through discussions like that and the intellectual connection it brought about, and one of my closest suspected-INTP friends can always intrigue and make me laugh with his crazy ideas. NTs are great for that, I love them.
    INFJ 9w1.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

No, but they do confirm parts of what I've already thought about and worked through.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ?

I don't think so. I don't feel like I lack the ability to look at things objectively/logically. I just don't think it's my preference. I can usually weigh the logical side of a problem against the subjective side without any help. That isn't to say I won't seek advice on things... but more to get a different perspective rather than to apply the "logic filter."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    NF's, do you have any NT's friends that you run problems by for a logcial perspective? For example: Daisy De La Hoya (probably an ENFP) has a friend (seemingly INTP) that she runs issues by whenever she can't decide. Do any of you have such friends?
    I can do that myself. I have NT friends for different perspectives on common issues among other things, I also have them for friends because they are great people (that's the only reason you need a friend).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Faine View Post
    ... can always intrigue and make me laugh with his crazy ideas. NTs are great for that, I love them.
    This is the part that unnerves me. These ideas and thoughts are deeply important to me and pretty much the essence of my being. But to the NF, it's just a bit of fun to keep you occupied and laughing when you're bored
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    This is the part that unnerves me. These ideas and thoughts are deeply important to me and pretty much the essence of my being. But to the NF, it's just a bit of fun to keep you occupied and laughing when you're bored
    They are both funny and insightful.

To the OP: I will go to my NT friends for another perspective. I appreciate the back and forth flow of ideas. But ultimately I have to come to my own decisions.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I also have them for friends because they are great people (that's the only reason you need a friend).
    They are definitely great people.

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Not at all! His ideas are very intriguing to me, it's just that he often seems to resort to humour to express himself, using a kind of dry wit that I notice a lot of INTPs seem to possess and one that I really appreciate.
    INFJ 9w1.