12311 Last

Thread: ENFJ & INFP

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default ENFJ & INFP

I have begun dating an ENFJ and I was wondering if anyone has any insight in to what sort of relationship dynamics this pairing has. I've noticed there aren't many ENFJ threads around here, but hopefully some ENFJs may be around to tell me what they like about INFPs and dating them. It seems promising so far

MBTI
    ENFj

Hey sure, let me start of by saying you are a brave soul for dating an ENFJ.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

lol oh yeah? Why's that?

MBTI
    ENFJ

We get really involved. I'd say go for it...but proceed with caution. You have the upper hand though in this case...if you're up for the roller coaster (drama).

We're a good bunch. I promise!
    "In the end it is not a matter of reason; it is a matter of love." - St. Thomas More

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I sensed this already and we've only been out a couple times. He's already msging me several times a day and wanting to know everything there is to know about me. We're not even a couple and I feel somewhat smothered. I kind of don't mind it though. My last boyfriend was a passive INFJ who never pursued me strongly and sort of made me the aggressor, which I hate because I quite like playing the whole submissive damsel in distress role ha.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Some more commentary would be great

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've never dated one, but I have been close friends with some male ENFJs. They do want to know all about you...but you'll find they may not reveal much about themselves. If they tell you anything very personal, that is a great sign of trust.

Don't be surprised if this person is charming and very attentive to other people (including other girls). As INFPs, we tend to reserve this for people who are special to us, but ENFJs lay it on thick with everyone. I'd say the signs that you really are special have more to do with how much they let you in, not in how much they flatter you.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFJ

i asked an INFP female out recently. Thing i can say about an ENFJ, being one, is that when you feel "smothered" that means they REALLY like you, like a LOT. I for one tend to get insecure feeling as if im going to lose the person of interest and text a lot in order to a.) get more info b.) remind myself the person still likes me. i recently scared a girl away being "smothering" but I guess she didn't understand. feel flattered. most enfjs including myself don't just hangout with anyone, usually they care about status and who they are seen with in public, at least i do, and im an enfj

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

It's really perplexing to me all this excitement over me since I have a hard time getting exciting over other people for a long time. I do become very interested, but I generally keep it to myself and sort of exhibit a hard to get mode in defense of my delicate feelings. I definitely feel flattered though. He seems to think the world of me.

I do question how sincere he is a little though. He seems to say all the right things as though he's played the field lots and is quite suave.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Well if you're worried about it done give in to him sexually for a long time, then you can see if his intentions are true or false. Just don't put yourself in any situations that could allow sex to occur, if you don't want it to. Btw sleeping with a guy early in the relationship is #1 way for him to lose respect for you IMO.