• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ & INFP

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Eh, it's not for us to bitch about. We have to make our own luck or die trying!

I'd pick others words, but yes I agree with you. I was just surprised by his comment. Maybe there are women ENFJ's reading this thread wondering where to find us INFP guys, so I didn't want us males being excluded from consideration.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meh, it's fun to bitch about things at times :)

Maybe for some, I find I'm still just as frustrated after and often lost ground. If I'm not spending my energy on moving forward I'm just wasting it and right now I only have the energy to do what will help me or entertain me.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd pick others words, but yes I agree with you. I was just surprised by his comment. Maybe there are women ENFJ's reading this thread wondering where to find us INFP guys, so I didn't want us males being excluded from consideration.

I wasn't, usually if the ENFJ girls are really looking in on a subject they weigh in too...

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2

I didn't mean it like that! I just meant that I was personally interested in female INFPs, wasn't trying to push you guys out of the thread :doh:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Your statement is factual!

F_ Dom's can do that ?!?!?!? Just kidding, and just in case someone thinks I'm not, try this one on for size "The famous quantum-mechanical Schroedinger equation serves as a template for one type of wave equation. Usually wave equations involve both a second spatial partial derivative and a second temporal partial derivative related simply by only a propagation velocity, or its inverse. In some cases, such as the Schrondinger equation or the Dirac equation, however, the second spatial derivative remains while only a first temporal partial derivative is taken. I believe the presence of i [, ie the square root of -1,] is required in both cases. The non-linear Schrodinger equation also involves an extra term, giving rise to its non-linearity." I hope I got that write.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's funny you used that, Quantum Mechanics is one of the easier ways to illustrate emotion rationally.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
So we are all clear I've, mostly, been kidding in the last several posts about female-only-INFP interest.

It's funny you used that, Quantum Mechanics is one of the easier ways to illustrate emotion rationally.

Ooh, this grabbed my attention. Let it be know that i took *4* years of classes in quantum mechanics, 3 years of them while in physics graduate school. So with that preface, oh please go on....[Please note that I am not trying to be mocking, you've truly piqued my interest here. The only "emotions" that I remember from quantum mechanics are things like confusion, frustration, annoyance, anger, usually all relating to homework"

Correction: The Dirac equation is actually first order in both its spatial and temporal partial derivatives, which is a physical requirement given its relativistic nature/application. However, the Klein-Gordon equation, of which the Dirac equation is a part/factor, is a relativistic QM wave equation that is second order in space and first order in time. Silly me confusing the Dirac and Klein-Gordon equations. Okay, so if there were any women ENFJ's quietly lurking in the background I'm pretty sure that I've bored or scared them off now. We are all welcome!

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
But maybe in the process I've intrigued some women INFP's. Your welcome Spotting Trains and Johnathon the Great. Don't say that male INFP's never did anything for you...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ooh, this grabbed my attention. Let it be know that i took *4* years of classes in quantum mechanics, 3 years of them while in physics graduate school. So with that preface, oh please go on....[Please note that I am not trying to be mocking, you've truly piqued my interest here. The only "emotions" that I remember from quantum mechanics are things like confusion, frustration, annoyance, anger, usually all relating to homework"

Correction: The Dirac equation is actually first order in both its spatial and temporal partial derivatives, which is a physical requirement given its relativistic nature/application. However, the Klein-Gordon equation, of which the Dirac equation is a part/factor, is a relativistic QM wave equation that is second order in space and first order in time. Silly me confusing the Dirac and Klein-Gordon equations. Okay, so if there were any women ENFJ's quietly lurking in the background I'm pretty sure that I've bored or scared them off now. We are all welcome!

You missed the forest for the trees, but whatever... :dont:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend or annoy anybody. Just being my INFP self being honest about my feelings [Fi], and then trying to give them creative or funny expression [Ne]. Sorry for any potential offenses. I am genuinely interested in this thread, trying to constructively contribute to it [barring my occasional off-the-wall trying-to-be-funny-but-apparently-failing Ne moments], and look forward to what else might develop in it.

Getting back on track, complete this story "A ENFJ and INFP went out on a date together..."

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You missed the forest for the trees, but whatever... :dont:

Seriously, what did you originally mean by "Quantum Mechanics is one of the easier ways to illustrate emotion rationally" I am truly interested...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously, what did you originally mean by "Quantum Mechanics is one of the easier ways to illustrate emotion rationally" I am truly interested...

You can measure the velocity or the position but never both at the same time. I did a full explanation on it about a year ago, but I'm not sure I'd be able to find the thread again.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You can measure the velocity or the position but never both at the same time. I did a full explanation on it about a year ago, but I'm not sure I'd be able to find the thread again.

Do you remember what forum that was in, or what you titled it? I'll search for it later if you can help me narrow down what to look for.

Quantum mechanics discussion, don't read if you don't want to:
The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle says that certain conjugate variables/observables can not be measured with total accuracy [ie no error] at the same time, and further that the product of these two uncertainties, must always equal or exceed a certain value involving Planck's constant, which is a very small number~ 10-34 J*s. The exact value of that constant depends on how you define the uncertainties, but is roughly hbar/2 where hbar is the modified Planck's constant, equal to h/(2*Pi).

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you remember what forum that was in, or what you titled it? I'll search for it later if you can help me narrow down what to look for.

Quantum mechanics discussion, don't read if you don't want to:
The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle says that certain conjugate variables/observables can not be measured with total accuracy [ie no error] at the same time, and further that the product of these two uncertainties, must always equal or exceed a certain value involving Planck's constant, which is a very small number~ 10-34 J*s. The exact value of that constant depends on how you define the uncertainties, but is roughly hbar/2 where hbar is the modified Planck's constant, equal to h/(2*Pi).

Yeah, I used that to illustrate my judging process. I think it was in the NT main forum, totally clueless as to what the title of the thread was though.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
:nerd: Opens book....

Going back to ENFJ+INFP, according to Tieger and Barron-Tieger's Just Your Type, ENFJ with INFP: "strongest connection is usually their deeply felt valuers and mutual desire fort a close, emotional connection", "highly idealistic", "concerned with each others happiness" "supportive of each others personal growth" "strong communication skills" "empathetic, gentle, loving" "eager to share themselves" "apply creativity and originality" "exploring spiritual identities" "lifelong search for meaning and understanding" "intellectual curiosity and a strong aesthetic sensibility" and that's all just from the first paragraph!!! :violin:

ENFJ's attracted to INFP's due to "playful gentleness" "unique insights, INFP's always push for more honesty and intimacy, which ENFJ's find both exhilirating and scary but adds "depth, spontaneity, and profound sharing". INFPs like ENFJ's "warmth" "enthusiasm" "charm" "expressiveness" "optimism" "energy"

Main problems or frustrations: "different needs for order and closure" "[social] energy level" "housecleaning/chores" "tendency to avoid confrontation and honest discussion of problems"

Then they list advice for both types in dealing with the other.

Thoughts????

I wanna go find me an ENFJ again now ::blush:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, said book does NOT provide any info on where to meet potential partners.