• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJ & INFP

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
And I don't think that sporting events would be much better either.

Poetry reading is probably a pretty good bet though. Book clubs, Book signings, the grocery aisles of your local organic food store maybe, farmers markets?

I don't think that we are big into gyms either...

Spiritual classes/seminars/etc, I bet that are chockloads of us there

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm hell to find; I'm either at home, at work, at church, or out of town. Ok, you may be able to find me at the local SCA tavern or fight practice, but only maybe... yeah :ninja:

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Not bars though, no, no, bars are bad places to look for INFP's in general.

Yeah, I think that's the problem. I go out dancing quite a bit and a large majority of girls who also enjoy clubs/bars I just don't connect with.

I did look at the INFP forums for quite awhile actually. A lot of good stuff on there, it seems most INFPs aren't going to put themselves out there without a solid sign that I am interested in them.

I wish my E was a bit higher haha.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I'm hell to find; I'm either at home, at work, at church, or out of town. Ok, you may be able to find me at the local SCA tavern or fight practice, but only maybe... yeah :ninja:

INFPs are Ninjas... It all makes sense now :yes:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

'Looks nervously from side to side'
"Funny you say that"
'Looks nervously from side to side noticing who heard the comment' :peepwall: :whistling:

"Has my :nerd: cover been blown?":ninja:

"I will have to deal with this...":2ar15:

"Wait, no, no, that will draw too much attention, there must be another way...Yes, yes, yes, act like it's all very funny and ridiculous":yim_rolling_on_the_

'Evaluates effective of approach' :ninja:

"Alright folks, nothing to see here, keep it moving, keep it moving" :whistling: :coffee:

'Watches to make sure that everyone has moved on' :ninja:

"Whew, I'll have to be more careful next time" :run:

Hmm, INFP's compared to ninja huh, never expected that one! Next thing you know someone will compare us to Rambo or something :2ar15: :rofl1:
Actually, I have been compared to Rambo, but always in a mocking way as I recall...

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, apparently museums are good too [for finding INFP's], and "spending time in nature"

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Online appears to be the best place to meet numerous infps in my experience *especially here, where they are generally helpful enough to make free with this information in their profiles*. That is, if you are really interested in finding a certain type, rather than a certain person...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFPs can be quite sociable we just need the right backdrop I think. We're silly drunks too.

There are probably many conversational cues you can use to expose INFPs too I think. We're probably fairly awkward/reserved looking at gatherings too if we don't have a friend with us and aren't intoxicated lol.

:yes:
An IxFP may seem similar from the outside, so try and engage them in intuitive conversation. An INFP's eyes may light up like fireworks then.

I'll bet the percentage of us that drink is much less than the percentage of the general population that drinks.

Hmm...I drink quite often, but I don't get drunk. I do get very silly when buzzed. I might be mistyped as ENFP then, but the clues would be I am usually out with one friend (I fade in a group), and I am focused on having fun with my friend, not trying to get attention for myself. I go to clubs/bars maybe 2-3 times a year. I love loud music and to dance, but I only go if a friend wants to, and I only have a few close friends who are usually in relationships.

I recently asked a female INFP for her phone number and out to coffee to just talk, she accepted. I wonder now if she accepts everyones offer because she is just ridiculously nice/meek, or if I'm special....or both hmmmmm

I'll be honest, I used to have a hard time saying "no" in these situations if the guy seemed sincerely nice, because I am such a bleeding heart :D. I used to pity date guys until I realized that leading them on is worse than being upfront to begin with. I mean, I end up rejecting them some point, so I had to grow a spine & learn to do it from the get-go.

Sure, why not accept someone's offer if they seem pleasant and intelligent enough, and want to talk and have coffee. Infps generally enjoy good conversation more than they enjoy initiating it. Regardless of your persuasive skills or your level of interest in her, however, she will be the one deciding if and when it's going to go any further! Talking to someone, 1-2-1 or otherwise, and having a romantic interest in them are not generally related things to infps.

This is so true, and I've learned to be careful because men will interpret this personal attention as romantic. If I am attracted to someone, I actually find it harder to speak to them. :doh:

And I don't think that sporting events would be much better either.

Poetry reading is probably a pretty good bet though. Book clubs, Book signings, the grocery aisles of your local organic food store maybe, farmers markets?

I don't think that we are big into gyms either...

Spiritual classes/seminars/etc, I bet that are chockloads of us there

Well, you'd find me in the yoga/pilates class at the gym :D. I also like loud music, so spin classes too. Anything where I can space out a bit is good.

Funny you mention farmer's markets. Almost every INFP I know, 1) likes outdoor markets, and 2) really appreciates good/fresh food.

----------

Some INFPs are too shy to do much alone, but I think many of us as we get older follow our spontaneous whims and have few qualms about being out and about alone. I go to concerts alone quite often, for example. Generally anything related to music/art/philosophy/religion/books/nature/animals will draw INFPs. That's a bit of a stereotype of course, but it holds true for many of us.

Some INFPs are into more traditional religions, so don't rule out church or bible study groups. I know several single INFP women at my church; what we have in common: we often arrive late and we leave immediately afterwards (maybe talk to the same 1-2 people). The window for catching INFPs may be small. If you see them, make a move, because in a blink of an eye we're back in our homes hiding out alone. :D.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It might have been the I Ching but I think it was the Book of Leadership and Strategy, or maybe both, but anyways there is this section about leaders

"The worst [least effective] leaders are those who punish and torment. Better leaders are those who lead and praise. Better yet are those who lead from afar and are revered. The best, however, are those who are not known and only whispered about..."

"Dude, apparently I'm like the head leader of China now or something. No, no I'm more remote than that, therefore I am clearly the leader of the WHOLE UNIVERSE"

OA: I've done plenty of yoga as well, and I;'m sure plenty of INFP's have as well. When I said "gym" I was thinking more along the lines of lifting weights, treadmills, etc..

I don't know about other INFPs, but personally there are lots of things that I would like to do but don't want to do alone, meaning if someone invited me to go with them I'd love to. Don't get me wrong, i do plenty of things alone, but at least for me I liek it when people invite me along on stuff.

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
So are INFP's basically saying this? : If I like you, come talk to me, but I'll never approach you or show signs of interest. So consult a psychic. lol

What do you infp females do to show interest (romantic) in a person???

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
So are INFP's basically saying this? : If I like you, come talk to me, but I'll never approach you or show signs of interest. So consult a psychic. lol

Hmmmmm, I never thought of it that way per se before, and yet as much as I really want to I can't really disagree with it either... I'm a guy though.

Do INFP women do small sweet things that to many people would seem minor but that they hope people will see the deep significance of and ask them out???

If you see any open/sweet/warm behaviors, pounce on the situation Johnathon! And feel free to start the interaction, apparently you'll probably have to?, we're probably flattered and if nothing else are too polite to be rude about it.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Actually the persona I'm working on is a Samurai, but eh...

I hope this was directed entirely to the girls. I'll say something if my interest also can be acted upon with the appropriate amount of energy and has a more than 50% probability of success.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I hope this was directed entirely to the girls. I'll say something if my interest also can be acted upon with the appropriate amount of energy and has a more than 50% probability of success.

All of my posts have been directed at girls and I'm pretty sure Jonathan's are as well.

:bananallama:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
All of my posts have been directed at girls and I'm pretty sure Jonathan's are as well.

:bananallama:

HEY! Where is the love for us male INFP's????? And to think that I thought someone was actually interested in what I had to say...

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
HEY! Where is the love for us male INFP's????? And to think that I thought someone was actually interested in what I had to say...

Lol! I didn't mean it like that, I just meant that the questions I was asking were framed around INFP females. :banana:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
They say INFP is hardest MBTI type for a male to be, followed quickly by INFJ and ISFP...

Darn you ENFJ's and your alluring-but-not-actually-particularly-meant social charms. I'm largely, but not entirely, kidding here.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Eh, it's not for us to bitch about. We have to make our own luck or die trying!