First 789101119 Last

Thread: ENFJ & INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Apparently the ladies are easier to find and are quite visible if you look for them.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Find enfj males in gyms, churches, schools, and in outdoor activities. Spot them smiling, and usually talking although I've read that ENFJ's are the least extraverted of all E types. I agree. Whoa I just went off on a tangent.

Oh yea enfj males, yea we are rare actually I only know two other enfj males and I have like 700+ people I know.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    So are INFP's basically saying this? : If I like you, come talk to me, but I'll never approach you or show signs of interest. So consult a psychic. lol

What do you infp females do to show interest (romantic) in a person???

haha...hey, who knows, the psychic may actually be an INFP

If I like someone romantically, it actually frightens me and I somewhat avoid him because I feel too awkward to deal with the reality of interaction. It's my own fault for not sending clear signals, but it's a hard hurdle to get past, as fear of vulnerability is always hanging overhead.

I might actually suggest that if you ever see an INFP sneaking a glance your way, but not making a beeline for you, then they may actually be attracted to you. If an INFP is very warm & talkative right away, then she may actually see you as just a friend. Attraction would make her more reserved & awkward; at least it does for me... In order to maintain composure, I can even take on a cool tone with someone, because I am afraid of giving away too much (like that ever happens).

So bottom line, you have to take the gamble and make the first move. The INFP will let you know if she is interested. Being direct, but not pushy works. Subtle hints fly over my head. If you straight out ask for a number or to go out sometime, then she has to give you a definite response. Otherwise, you may come away having no idea what she thinks of you, or mistakingly thinking she does not like you at all.

(is this thread officially hi-jacked? )
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    haha...hey, who knows, the psychic may actually be an INFP

If I like someone romantically, it actually frightens me and I somewhat avoid him because I feel too awkward to deal with the reality of interaction. It's my own fault for not sending clear signals, but it's a hard hurdle to get past, as fear of vulnerability is always hanging overhead.

I might actually suggest that if you ever see an INFP sneaking a glance your way, but not making a beeline for you, then they may actually be attracted to you. If an INFP is very warm & talkative right away, then she may actually see you as just a friend. Attraction would make her more reserved & awkward; at least it does for me... In order to maintain composure, I can even take on a cool tone with someone, because I am afraid of giving away too much (like that ever happens).

So bottom line, you have to take the gamble and make the first move. The INFP will let you know if she is interested. Being direct, but not pushy works. Subtle hints fly over my head. If you straight out ask for a number or to go out sometime, then she has to give you a definite response. Otherwise, you may come away having no idea what she thinks of you, or mistakingly thinking she does not like you at all.

(is this thread officially hi-jacked? )
    Totally hi-jacked. But at least its somewhat true to it's nature enfjs & infps are conversing!

I asked her out and for her number, she agreed to both. She's rather interesting to me so I decided since I have really good deep meaningful conversations with my INFP male friend, I decided to try it with an INFP female. I will update our online community asap. Coffee and conversation is what we are doing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    I asked her out and for her number, she agreed to both.
    Well, that's a good sign.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    HEY! Where is the love for us male INFP's????? And to think that I thought someone was actually interested in what I had to say...

Sorry mate, but I am sure that we can get a lovely female ENFJ to inquire about your many qualities.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Do people think that an ENFJ-INFP would be among the most likely pairing to unintentionally hurt or offend each other??? Fe and Fi both can feel easily insulted. I think INFP's would be more likely to be mopy, as in "I just wanna stand here and mope in my pain until it goes away!" while Fe would, perhaps?, be more likely to say something like "I will take my revenge for this" or "it is socially acceptable to punish you in this way for the offense that you have committed"? At the same time, I think both types are very reconciliatory, and have strong insights into others and personal/social conflict. Also, I don't think that either type is very good at actually staying mad. INFP's can hold grudges though, and maybe ENFJ are more moody or capricious than I realize??? I kinda envision lots of accidental unintended offending of the other, followed by theatrical displays of F, followed by not being able to actually stay mad, followed by getting together and understanding the problem and trying to prevent it from happening again. You know, until some other problem happens and the whole cycle starts all over again. Both types idealize people and relationships. Both types have rather thin skin, are easily hurt, and don't deal well with fighting/arguing/conflict.

Quoting Tieger and Barron-Tieger's Just Your Type , "when [ENFJ's] valuesa are violated or their feelings are dismissed, [ENFJ's] can be very emotional, confrontational, even punishing." "But since they are insightful about the underlying causes of conflicts, deeply motivated to resolve them quickly, and skillful communicators, they can usually help bring about a peaceful resolution". INFP's can be "stubborn and unyielding when they feel they are being criticized or mistreated"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I wonder what the female to male ratio amongst INFP's and ENFJ's is. I'm guessing like 2 or 3 or 4 to 1 in both cases. Anyone know???

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

This thread is thriving it appears lol I can see why. I am going a little crazy over the ENFJ now. I'm doing my very best to keep my cool (i.e not be the first to initiate daily contact :P).

As for the subtle flirtation: flirty eye glances, nervous body language, lots of smiling, giggling, bit of touching, broad ambiguous invitations for future contact (hangout sometime, add me to facebook, see you around somewhere etc..). Ni should be able to pick it up fairly well.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Good luck!

Hopefully we haven't skyrocketed your expectations for the relationship into unreasonable heights :p
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."