User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Thread: ENFJ & INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

And I don't think that sporting events would be much better either.

Poetry reading is probably a pretty good bet though. Book clubs, Book signings, the grocery aisles of your local organic food store maybe, farmers markets?

I don't think that we are big into gyms either...

Spiritual classes/seminars/etc, I bet that are chockloads of us there

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm hell to find; I'm either at home, at work, at church, or out of town. Ok, you may be able to find me at the local SCA tavern or fight practice, but only maybe... yeah
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Not bars though, no, no, bars are bad places to look for INFP's in general.
    Yeah, I think that's the problem. I go out dancing quite a bit and a large majority of girls who also enjoy clubs/bars I just don't connect with.

I did look at the INFP forums for quite awhile actually. A lot of good stuff on there, it seems most INFPs aren't going to put themselves out there without a solid sign that I am interested in them.

I wish my E was a bit higher haha.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I'm hell to find; I'm either at home, at work, at church, or out of town. Ok, you may be able to find me at the local SCA tavern or fight practice, but only maybe... yeah
    INFPs are Ninjas... It all makes sense now
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SpottingTrains View Post
    INFPs are Ninjas... It all makes sense now
    'Looks nervously from side to side'
    "Funny you say that"
    'Looks nervously from side to side noticing who heard the comment'

"Has my cover been blown?"

"I will have to deal with this..."

"Wait, no, no, that will draw too much attention, there must be another way...Yes, yes, yes, act like it's all very funny and ridiculous":yim_rolling_on_the_

'Evaluates effective of approach'

"Alright folks, nothing to see here, keep it moving, keep it moving"

'Watches to make sure that everyone has moved on'

"Whew, I'll have to be more careful next time"

Hmm, INFP's compared to ninja huh, never expected that one! Next thing you know someone will compare us to Rambo or something
    Actually, I have been compared to Rambo, but always in a mocking way as I recall...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

"I am the TERMINATOR" :yim_rolling_on_the_

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh, apparently museums are good too [for finding INFP's], and "spending time in nature"

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Online appears to be the best place to meet numerous infps in my experience *especially here, where they are generally helpful enough to make free with this information in their profiles*. That is, if you are really interested in finding a certain type, rather than a certain person...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

[using the governator's voice] "John Connor is NOT an INFP."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    INFPs can be quite sociable we just need the right backdrop I think. We're silly drunks too.

There are probably many conversational cues you can use to expose INFPs too I think. We're probably fairly awkward/reserved looking at gatherings too if we don't have a friend with us and aren't intoxicated lol.

An IxFP may seem similar from the outside, so try and engage them in intuitive conversation. An INFP's eyes may light up like fireworks then.

I'll bet the percentage of us that drink is much less than the percentage of the general population that drinks.
    Hmm...I drink quite often, but I don't get drunk. I do get very silly when buzzed. I might be mistyped as ENFP then, but the clues would be I am usually out with one friend (I fade in a group), and I am focused on having fun with my friend, not trying to get attention for myself. I go to clubs/bars maybe 2-3 times a year. I love loud music and to dance, but I only go if a friend wants to, and I only have a few close friends who are usually in relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    I recently asked a female INFP for her phone number and out to coffee to just talk, she accepted. I wonder now if she accepts everyones offer because she is just ridiculously nice/meek, or if I'm special....or both hmmmmm
    I'll be honest, I used to have a hard time saying "no" in these situations if the guy seemed sincerely nice, because I am such a bleeding heart . I used to pity date guys until I realized that leading them on is worse than being upfront to begin with. I mean, I end up rejecting them some point, so I had to grow a spine & learn to do it from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Sure, why not accept someone's offer if they seem pleasant and intelligent enough, and want to talk and have coffee. Infps generally enjoy good conversation more than they enjoy initiating it. Regardless of your persuasive skills or your level of interest in her, however, she will be the one deciding if and when it's going to go any further! Talking to someone, 1-2-1 or otherwise, and having a romantic interest in them are not generally related things to infps.
    This is so true, and I've learned to be careful because men will interpret this personal attention as romantic. If I am attracted to someone, I actually find it harder to speak to them.

And I don't think that sporting events would be much better either.

Poetry reading is probably a pretty good bet though. Book clubs, Book signings, the grocery aisles of your local organic food store maybe, farmers markets?

I don't think that we are big into gyms either...

Spiritual classes/seminars/etc, I bet that are chockloads of us there
    Well, you'd find me in the yoga/pilates class at the gym . I also like loud music, so spin classes too. Anything where I can space out a bit is good.

Funny you mention farmer's markets. Almost every INFP I know, 1) likes outdoor markets, and 2) really appreciates good/fresh food.

----------

Some INFPs are too shy to do much alone, but I think many of us as we get older follow our spontaneous whims and have few qualms about being out and about alone. I go to concerts alone quite often, for example. Generally anything related to music/art/philosophy/religion/books/nature/animals will draw INFPs. That's a bit of a stereotype of course, but it holds true for many of us.

Some INFPs are into more traditional religions, so don't rule out church or bible study groups. I know several single INFP women at my church; what we have in common: we often arrive late and we leave immediately afterwards (maybe talk to the same 1-2 people). The window for catching INFPs may be small. If you see them, make a move, because in a blink of an eye we're back in our homes hiding out alone. .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe