User Tag List

First 374546474849 Last

Thread: ENFJ & INFP

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

There hasn't been any largely noticeable trends for me gender wise. Females do deal with a higher hormonal charge on a regular basis and tend to be more detail and socially oriented than males so I believe that could contribute to what you're experiencing.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    well, actually you may be onto something. To be honest, I don't like being F-dom most of the time.
    Eh, I may not like it, but I'm finding I can't really hate it since in a way it allowes me to know what's going on which is the first step in solving a problem I'm having.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I like F-doms. They get too much of a bad rap here. On a related note, I plan on making a thread sometime soon about how I think emotional & feeling men are awesome.
    What I find has nothing to do with the bad rap we get here. Most F-doms I come in contact with that are around my age I tend to have trouble with. It's not that either of us are bad, it's just a rather pronounced divergence in values. Get too close and I end up offending them one way or another - my great-aunt being the acception so far.

It might have something to do with gender roles and such. Male F-doms and I don't feed into emotional drama quite as much while with other F-dom females that emotionality seems to intensify. The male F-doms appear more chill while female F-doms tend to be more expressive and uptight (myself included). This is how it's been w/ me anyways. Have you noticed a difference between the vibes between male F-doms vs. female F-doms?
    I wonder if this is why I tend to find it easier to deal with the ones 45 and older.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It might have something to do with gender roles and such. Male F-doms and I don't feed into emotional drama quite as much while with other F-dom females that emotionality seems to intensify. The male F-doms appear more chill while female F-doms tend to be more expressive and uptight (myself included). This is how it's been w/ me anyways. Have you noticed a difference between the vibes between male F-doms vs. female F-doms?
    Yes, I have noticed a difference, but I can enjoy both. The only F-dom women I struggle with are ESFJs. I know I've met ESFJ men, but I haven't dealt with them personally enough to say.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I wasn't, usually if the ENFJ girls are really looking in on a subject they weigh in too...
    True story. Apparantly I'm just late to the thread . Maybe I'm accidentally naturally fliratious, but INFPs seem to fall at my feet...my college mentor is an INFP who has done everything for me, as is my best female friend, three of my male friends that have pursued me in the past, and a current one that I may end up dating . I feel like there's something wrong with me for turning down what everyone views as a perfect match ("mirror-type") relationship. I'm typically attracted to really outgoing guys, and although I've found few male ENFJs to test this theory none of them seem to be looking for ENFJ females. .

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I'm not really drawn to INFPs...

Too much like my mom, I need more visible passion.
    Ex was ISFP.

Finding myself drawn to xNxJs.

Or just narcisstic?
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by *poke* View Post
    I feel like there's something wrong with me for turning down what everyone views as a perfect match ("mirror-type") relationship. I'm typically attracted to really outgoing guys, and although I've found few male ENFJs to test this theory none of them seem to be looking for ENFJ females. .
    It's a theoretically ideal match, and there's nothing "wrong" with having a different preference because it's simply your personal taste. Not to mention, an individual makes all the difference. I like ENFJs, but I don't want to date every one of them I meet....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

If I tell someone tons and tons about myself, and the other person doesn't say much at all, it feels a little like stealing to me. I don't like it. Don't steal secrets, ENFJs! Otherwise you guys are great!
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by paradox fox View Post
    If I tell someone tons and tons about myself, and the other person doesn't say much at all, it feels a little like stealing to me. I don't like it. Don't steal secrets, ENFJs! Otherwise you guys are great!
    We're just afraid of opening up and/or burdening other people.
    Actually we long for someone to draw the secrets out of our soul... to take the effort to learn/understand what makes us tick.

I didn't even realize I do this much until someone pointed it out to me recently. I just assume people aren't interested in all the 'irrelevant information' that is my personal life unless they specifically say otherwise.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Happy to be an ENFJ. Lots of love.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    We're just afraid of opening up and/or burdening other people.
    Actually we long for someone to draw the secrets out of our soul... to take the effort to learn/understand what makes us tick.

I didn't even realize I do this much until someone pointed it out to me recently. I just assume people aren't interested in all the 'irrelevant information' that is my personal life unless they specifically say otherwise.
    Please don't think I'm singling you out, cause I'm not. I've heard this from several other types.

I've noticed from Fe-types that they love finding out all that 'irrelevant information' about others, is it that hard to believe that others may wish to reciprocate?

Also, on the point of people taking the effort to learn/understand/draw you out (and this goes for all types), if you make people try too hard and keep yourself too guarded, eventually people are going to assume you just don't want them to know anything about you. There may be people who DO genuinely care, but give up because you've given the impression that you don't want them to be close to you. I've been guilty of that in the past and its something I've tried to be careful not to do since I realized the behavior.
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]