Thread: ENFJ & INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    INFP Fi... doesnt want to submit to the ENFJ Fe.
    So it would be a great match if the INFP happened to have Fi values that fit the Fe of the ENFJ. Otherwise it would be a "showdown" as bad as Te vs Fi.
    Funny you say Te, because the other much-hyped match for INFPs are NTJs .

I don't have a Fe clash with most ENFJs. I find Fe hardest with SFJs.
    There's more of an "expected way" with SFJs.

The main issue brought up over & over again are something like:

- Does the ENFJ like me, or are they just being nice to me like they are with everyone? Will they continue to flirt like mad with everything that moves if we were to date?
    - Why won't the ENFJ open up to me? Or, they started to open up, but then they pull away; why?
    - The ENFJ is stuck on an ex (or several); will they ever get over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    There should be a test to determine how mothering one is. I don't feel like i'm one of those... or at least not when it is uncalled for.
    Most of the ENFJ women I've known don't even want children. Not that this is any kind of rule, but I don't see them as "motherly" types in the way an ESFJ might be stereotyped.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Most of the ENFJ women I've known don't even want children. Not that this is any kind of rule, but I don't see them as "motherly" types in the way an ESFJ might be stereotyped.
    Wanting children and instinctively mommying someone are two different things. My great-aunt never wanted children, but she mommied my dad and I quite a bit as we grew up.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Wanting children and instinctively mommying someone are two different things. My great-aunt never wanted children, but she mommied my dad and I quite a bit as we grew up.
    Nice, but my point is, I don't see a "mommying" aspect to the ENFJ women I know.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Im a man
    You sure?

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmeraldCanopy View Post
    So... why the lack of ENFJ-INFP relationships?

The potential is too great and we scare one another away. I really think that's what it boils down too. ENFJs being the slightly more flighty ones.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

Glycerine

INFP Fi... doesnt want to submit to the ENFJ Fe.
    So it would be a great match if the INFP happened to have Fi values that fit the Fe of the ENFJ. Otherwise it would be a "showdown" as bad as Te vs Fi.
    Isn't that the same way for Fe? Fe doesn't really want to submit to Fi either. If I think you're a nutcase Fi user, there is no way I'm going to comply with you either. Fi can be just as intense as Fe in that regard but in different respects. What Runvardh said hits the nail. Basically, it goes both ways. It's about a compatible outlook/values/beliefs. Saying that, I usually don't clash value-wise with Fi users.

my super brief and weird infp-enfj relationships go like this: some weird high school thing that was never going to work out but we're still friends 10 years later after she married, some other girl I met while I was blackout drunk then when I met her sober I wasn't attracted to her but our personalities clicked really well, and one other girl where there were some happiness drugs involved and it was kind of weird and complicated but we didn't have anything in common.

i tend to like to do certain things, if i can't find a enfj who isn't interested or wanting me to do the things i enjoy then it probably wouldn't work out. i don't feel like i necessarily mentally map as well to enfjs and i haven't met any who are at a similar stage as my own life so it remains to be seen if i'd end up with an enfj. i'm dating an infj right now and that seems to be working out ok (at least, until she moves to england). infjs seem easier for me to personally relate to (probably just due to circumstance).

i have a really good friend who i thought was an enfp for a really long time but is really an enfj. what's interesting is that he literally surrounds himself with infps. he has 4 infp friends (that i know of) and for whatever reason enjoys the infp folks for company. one down side is he can be socially domineering and has created some issues within the social circle i brought him into.

i had a former roommate who was an enfj and he was kicked out for being an alcoholic. he found that i was a calming presence but this ended up with me occasionally having my time monopolized when he needed to sit and speak it all out. he has a really sad history and needs help but he's so haunted by his past and how the present seems to interrupt his thoughts and make him extremely reactive.

overall, I like enfjs. although i don't feel like i've necessarily met one who fits into an ideal relationship, i imagine this is in part due to the limitation of my own social circle who are mostly introverts.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Isn't that the same way for Fe? Fe doesn't really want to submit to Fi either. If I think you're a nutcase Fi user, there is no way I'm going to comply with you either. Fi can be just as intense as Fe in that regard but in different respects. What Runvardh said hits the nail. Basically, it goes both ways. It's about a compatible outlook/values/beliefs. Saying that, I usually don't clash value-wise with Fi users.
    yes. I agree. Generally I find that Fi insights are captain obvious statements, that I appreciate. But none the less captain obvious statements, "ya no shit sherlock its morally repugnant to do _________" (unconscionables). I relate it to the crying wolf story. The Fi user will state something that I agree with, "___ is wrong", but then we argue about whether it really applies to what we are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    You sure?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Funny you say Te, because the other much-hyped match for INFPs are NTJs .

I don't have a Fe clash with most ENFJs. I find Fe hardest with SFJs.
    There's more of an "expected way" with SFJs.

The main issue brought up over & over again are something like:

- Does the ENFJ like me, or are they just being nice to me like they are with everyone? Will they continue to flirt like mad with everything that moves if we were to date?
    - Why won't the ENFJ open up to me? Or, they started to open up, but then they pull away; why?
    - The ENFJ is stuck on an ex (or several); will they ever get over it?
    yes....but not every ENFJ is a Jesus CEO ENFJ, or that crazy soap opera cliche!

some are a lot more subdued and lower energy. I can definitely be a flirt. I can also be very silly. However, a lot of the time, I just "blend in" and you would never peg me as that "jesus CEO" or "soap opera cliche" ENFJ. We aren't all enneagram 3w2 and 2w3!!!

I would describe the ENFJ absent of enneagram stuff as:
    --the task driven NF
    --the choleric NF
    --the phlegmatic ENTJ
    --the loyalty judge + silver lining perciever

Besides all of that, I think the "flirt", "attachment" and "outward image control" are enneagram things...maybe you just need a different enneagram ENFJ?

Glycerine

yes. I agree. Generally I find that Fi insights are captain obvious statements, that I appreciate. But none the less captain obvious statements, "ya no shit sherlock its morally repugnant to do _________" (unconscionables). I relate it to the crying wolf story. The Fi user will state something that I agree with, "___ is wrong", but then we argue about whether it really applies to what we are talking about.
    So pretty much the clash happens because Fe is much more context-based/situation-based while Fi is more universal? In some ways, I think Fe is much more flexible than Fi. It's a scary thing when you start talking about religion/politics with some Fi users. They don't mean to but I feel like I'm getting their beliefs rammed down my throat. Maybe it's the Fi-Te combination? I bet it is the same for them also with some Fe users.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I find I clash with most F-doms - the e and the i don't seem to matter... ^_^;;
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]