User Tag List

First 29373839404149 Last

Thread: ENFJ & INFP

Glycerine

NFJs seem like the most indecisive out of all the Js generally speaking. Yikes, huh? We have to MAKE SURE we want something or someone before we really pursue. However, once we make up our minds that we want something or someone, we pursue full force. Before that, we can be pretty wishy-washy. Make the guy aware of what he is doing!

MBTI
    INFP

I always have to logically tell my mind to make a fast decision...otherwise I can just sway back and forth for a while.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    NFJs seem like the most indecisive out of all the Js generally speaking. Yikes, huh? We have to MAKE SURE we want something or someone before we really pursue. However, once we make up our minds that we want something or someone, we pursue full force. Before that, we can be pretty wishy-washy. Make the guy aware of what he is doing!
    Sounds familiar.

Anyone have insights into what an immature or insecure ENFJ might look like?

Glycerine

In short, they need affirmation ALL THE TIME, can't take criticism, tends to avoid conflict at all costs, can become a attention hog or completely fade into the background, are paranoid that people don't like them so they will try way too hard to be liked or try to beat people to the punch by being purposefully obnoxious, can be obsessed w/ keeping up appearances.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

So can somebody tell me when a relationship between an INFP and an ENFJ actually works out? I hear a lot of examples of ackward attempts, but not a single married couple to show for it. I don't even think they're all that noticeable in fiction, either.

And what is it about INFJs and ENFP couples being so popular in culture today?
    Love is the point.

ReflecTcelfeR

Well, it took about three hours, but I got through this whole thing (even read all of the comments) and I felt that this could be complicated even more ! I have been interested in Myer-Briggs for about six months now and after reading this book and sites on the Myer-Briggs types specifically; I started looking up Ennegram as well as Socionics. Obviously they have the same general principle, but the latter two seem to specify some of the concepts.

In reading what I thought seemed to be the closest to the ENFJ in Ennegram form -->#9I'll put the link so everyone can verify it and tell me if I'm wrong.

9 - Enneagram Type Nine: The Peacemaker

It seemed to say the whole identity crisis appears because we try to morph ourselves around the others. The reason why, apparently, is that 9th degree is called the crown of the types (if not just because it is at the top of the system) it does it's best to keep the peace and I suppose if that means perverting their normal thoughts to avoid conflict, its possible. This with all of the other points above might show why we (I seem to be on the fence) have the tendency of being wishy-washy even though we have that 'J' in our description. Bam! My two cents!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    So can somebody tell me when a relationship between an INFP and an ENFJ actually works out? I hear a lot of examples of ackward attempts, but not a single married couple to show for it. I don't even think they're all that noticeable in fiction, either.

And what is it about INFJs and ENFP couples being so popular in culture today?
    +1

Does this pairing ever actually work out?

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I've given up on it. INTJs ftw! Same intensity and complementary growth as ENFJs without the erratic emotion and indecisive bull crap.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Thess, who in the hell are you dating? I am neither erratic, nor indecisive, thank you very much.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Thess, who in the hell are you dating? I am neither erratic, nor indecisive, thank you very much.
    This....
    Kymlee: Life Story
    ENFJ
    sx/so/sp
    2w3
    Libra (Sun)
    "When you run into someone who is disagreeable to others, you may be sure he is uncomfortable with himself; the amount of pain we inflict upon others is directly proportional to the amount we feel within us."
    -Sydney J. Harris