User Tag List

First 27353637383947 Last

Thread: ENFJ & INFP

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

So I had a little reunion with the rebounding ENFJ the other day. He had a sudden surge in interest in me again after I changed my status on facebook to "single" and asked to get together to catch up. Initially I believed he might have wanted to start something up again, but it appears as though he just wanted a brief warm encounter *sighs*. He asked me about the guy I had been seeing and what happened there. It was weird to speak to him about other guys so casually. I'm just glad he didn't speak about other girls to me. I can't make sense of this guy at all.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    So I had a little reunion with the rebounding ENFJ the other day. He had a sudden surge in interest in me again after I changed my status on facebook to "single" and asked to get together to catch up. Initially I believed he might have wanted to start something up again, but it appears as though he just wanted a brief warm encounter *sighs*. He asked me about the guy I had been seeing and what happened there. It was weird to speak to him about other guys so casually. I'm just glad he didn't speak about other girls to me. I can't make sense of this guy at all.
    ENFJs are like that. You shouldn't read too much into ENFJ friendliness unless he's EXTRA friendly to you comparable to other people he talks to. Also, many ENFJs are about appropriate boundaries so he might not have wanted it to be awkward if you were in another relationship. Maybe that's why he started to talk to you when you became single again. I would say "just wait and see" what unfolds before having expectations.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think you're right. He seems to be fond of becoming friends with exes. I operate differently so I read more into it than I should. One thing I have realized through ENFJs is that directness and full disclosure are what I really need in a relationship. I am grateful when I get someone who will put judicial weight on me and my life and give it to me straight at all times. I don't want my feelings spared; I want growth and tough love.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

This is a little off topic, but have there ever been any fictional representations of INFP & ENFJ together?

Usually when I see an ENFJ (although who I type as ENFJ is probably wrong) paired with someone in a movie/ book, their so turns out to be an ISxP or INTP. I'm just curious to see what this pairing looks like from an outsider's perspective.

Hope you're doing well, Thessaly.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    This is a little off topic, but have there ever been any fictional representations of INFP & ENFJ together?

Usually when I see an ENFJ (although who I type as ENFJ is probably wrong) paired with someone in a movie/ book, their so turns out to be an ISxP or INTP. I'm just curious to see what this pairing looks like from an outsider's perspective.
    Blanking on that, but Amazon.com: And A Voice to Sing With: A Memoir (9781439169643): Joan Baez: Books has some great stuff on Joan and Bob.

Posted this before, but it deserves a 2nd listen:

YouTube - Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust

Well I'll be damned
    Here comes your ghost again
    But that's not unusual
    It's just that the moon is full
    And you happened to call
    And here I sit
    Hand on the telephone
    Hearing a voice I'd known
    A couple of light years ago
    Heading straight for a fall

As I remember your eyes
    Were bluer than robin's eggs
    My poetry was lousy you said
    Where are you calling from?
    A booth in the midwest
    Ten years ago
    I bought you some cufflinks
    You brought me something
    We both know what memories can bring
    They bring diamonds and rust

Well you burst on the scene
    Already a legend
    The unwashed phenomenon
    The original vagabond
    You strayed into my arms
    And there you stayed
    Temporarily lost at sea
    The Madonna was yours for free
    Yes the girl on the half-shell
    Would keep you unharmed

Now I see you standing
    With brown leaves falling around
    And snow in your hair
    Now you're smiling out the window
    Of that crummy hotel
    Over Washington Square
    Our breath comes out white clouds
    Mingles and hangs in the air
    Speaking strictly for me
    We both could have died then and there

Now you're telling me
    You're not nostalgic
    Then give me another word for it
    You who are so good with words
    And at keeping things vague
    Because I need some of that vagueness now
    It's all come back too clearly
    Yes I loved you dearly
    And if you're offering me diamonds and rust
    I've already paid

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    Haha... this is weird quoting myself.

I was thinking though... maybe Holly and Gerry from the movie P.S. I Love You are an INFP-ENFJ couple? (Holly being the INFP, Gerry being the ENFJ?)

Just a guess, if anyone's seen that movie.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Great. Now I have to rent that movie lol and I'm doing well thanks Mystical Spaghetti! It appears as though my ENFJ is slowly coming around...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Great. Now I have to rent that movie lol and I'm doing well thanks Mystical Spaghetti! It appears as though my ENFJ is slowly coming around...
    I hate when you think you've gotten the hook out and they start to reel you back in :steam:
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Glad to hear that you're doing well.

I'm sorry if I'm totally wrong with the ENFJ/INFP thing here (or if you don't like the movie, it is a bit sad/ depressing).

I suck at typing sometimes... Holly seems generally IxFP though. Her career choice towards the end seems a little more ISFP but... And maybe he could be ESFP... I thought he was more ENFJ though.
    Last edited by TheEmeraldCanopy; 01-25-2010 at 11:01 PM.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Can anyone think of ENFJ & INFP pairings in popular culture?

I think Burt and Verona from Away We Go were initially supposed to be an ENFJ and INFP pairing, but Maya Rudolph played her character more as an INTP because I think she's a TP. & I was really suprised at John Krasinski. I'm pretty sure he's an ENTP, but he played a Fe-dom really well (or what I thought to be an ENFJ character).

So, anyone else?