Thread: ENFJ & INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    We don't forget when we screw up. In fact, it gets branded into our minds. I have a list that stretches back to when I was a kid that I can't forget even when I try or even when I forgive myself for messing up.

OA - sorry we're so resistant... that has to be annoying and frustrating.
    No need to apologize . Like I said, it may be the challenge that draws us in. I guess we like a mystery also
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No need to apologize . Like I said, it may be the challenge that draws us in. I guess we like a mystery also
    and our darksides are like hardcandy to each other
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Here is a serious, legit question. Don't take it in the wrong way...

But why? How does this pairing work?

You have the Fe vs Fi conflict, the two are making different judgments on things, thus having totally different values. Then you have different P functions, being an NP and NJ together, so they aren't interpreting information in a similar manner either. It just seems like a mess... my ENFJ mom's sister is INFP, they DO NOT get along at all for the reasons I posted- just seeing things and judging things in a totally different way.

Wouldn't this drive you nuts in a romantic relationship? Wouldn't an FP want another FP or a TJ for shared Fi and Te, and an FJ want another FJ or a TP for shared Ti and Fe?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ Romantic relationships are different from familial relationships and friendships.

Fe & Fi can clash, and for me it often does with ESFJs. With ENFJs, they have their Ni side which makes them much more perceptive about & appreciative of behavior out of the "norm". This makes them less prone to judging the INFP negatively when we make social "blunders". The NF compassion & desire to understand comes out.

I am also in awe of how easily ENFJs navigate socially and make people feel good. I can't make people feel good on such a large scale. Then, to have someone like that single you out as particularly special is very flattering.

Also, ENFJs like to inspire and encourage, and INFPs often need a boost to reach their potential. INFPs helps heal the dark side of the ENFJ. It's a win-win situation for both.

I can see how the pairing could go terribly wrong (and I've experienced clashings with ENFJs), but I think it has a lot of potential to complement each other.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You have the Fe vs Fi conflict, the two are making different judgments on things, thus having totally different values. Then you have different P functions, being an NP and NJ together, so they aren't interpreting information in a similar manner either. It just seems like a mess... my ENFJ mom's sister is INFP, they DO NOT get along at all for the reasons I posted- just seeing things and judging things in a totally different way.

Wouldn't this drive you nuts in a romantic relationship? Wouldn't an FP want another FP or a TJ for shared Fi and Te, and an FJ want another FJ or a TP for shared Ti and Fe?
    I've always been drawn to Fe. I'm very bad at expressing what I care about, despite being Fi dom, and Fe is often so good at it that it relaxes me and shows me where to start. Simply put, it disarms me and I haven't developed a counter to it - nor do I particularly want to. Unlike OA, it doesn't really matter what type it appears in, either.

Romantically, Fi-Fi in two Fs does nothing for me. (With a rare ENFP exception.) Instead of fostering communication, it clashes. You may have a valid point on TJ, as my Fi helps them develop theirs, but I haven't known any of the female variety to comment on romantic potential.

I don't know if I could consider your mom and sister to be shining examples of the potential of the pairing. Although I do consider it one possible outcome.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ^ Romantic relationships are different from familial relationships and friendships.

Fe & Fi can clash, and for me it often does with ESFJs. With ENFJs, they have their Ni side which makes them much more perceptive about & appreciative of behavior out of the "norm". This makes them less prone to judging the INFP negatively when we make social "blunders".

Also, ENFJs like to inspire and encourage, and INFPs often need a boost to reach their potential. INFPs helps heal the dark side of the ENFJ. It's a win-win situation for both.
    My friend makes social blunders and i see it coming, but i sit back when its correct. A bit of a crime against an unjust law. He helps people loosen up and have fun. Definitely a one-of-a kind genuine and vulnerable guy.

I remember he cried because he was mad about something and was cussing and the boss came around the corner to say " I don't want any cussing in here." To which I quipped, " I didn't hear any cussing. " He said I have taught him how to get along with people and show him balance.
    I N V I C T U S

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Interesting. I always figured that patience is something the INFP would bring to the ENFJ - not the other way around. This may be a gender thing, though. Or I may be wrong.
    I think ENFJs are more patient in general. I think INFPs can get discouraged easily where an ENFJ would keep trucking on. This is what I have seen. We can be a pillar of strength to one another. As people have mentioned we are strong where they are weak and weak where they are strong.

MBTI
    iNFp
    Enneagram
    4w3?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    So are INFP's basically saying this? : If I like you, come talk to me, but I'll never approach you or show signs of interest. So consult a psychic. lol

What do you infp females do to show interest (romantic) in a person???
    I think you'd be able to tell if I liked you because I would pay special attention to you.
    You'd have to be sharp though, because I'd try my hardest to not let it on. Except when I'm talking to you.
    When I talk to a guy I like, I give him the focus I give to my birthday candles, so to speak. I forget anyone else is even in the room.
    I'll also just want to be around you more. Any chance I get.
    Best bet -- ask friends. They will know, because I blabber about the guys I <3

Painfully Bipolar

MBTI
    iNFp
    Enneagram
    4w3?

Quote Originally Posted by bearette View Post
    I bet that most male F's, esp. NF's, have lots of female friends. It's not as socially acceptable for guys to have close, caring relationships with other guys, platonically, I mean. And I think that NF's crave that kind of closeness with friends as well as romantic partners.

I guess it might get tricky when they get into a romantic relationship though. We all know how close two women can get as friends, and sometimes those relationships have a romantic tinge to them (in fact, often) even though there is no sexual element. In fact there exists a concept called the "romantic friendship"....and I think a lot of ENFJ males do this with females who they are platonic friends with. At least, that's my experience with my ENFJ friend. And while the friendship is very special, it is kind of difficult because it's not something that fits into any of society's categories.
    I think SFs have more chick friends.

Painfully Bipolar

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    So are INFP's basically saying this? : If I like you, come talk to me, but I'll never approach you or show signs of interest. So consult a psychic. lol

What do you infp females do to show interest (romantic) in a person???

Wow. I'm drawing a blank.
    I don't know how anyone knows if I like them or not.
    I don't think they ever find out.
    I'm usually approached.

Don't let this deter you, though. !!
    We're generally very open and nice as long as you don't approach us in a sleazy, slimy, cat-calling, misogynistic, creepy-old-man kind of way. We HATE that. Another thing is you should be able to read in our body language how much we like you. If you hang around us long enough, we'll probably sense your feelings for us, anyway (our sixth sense is, in fact, to read your mind ), and show you a little more attention.
    So, PAY ATTENTION!