User Tag List

First 16242526272836 Last

Thread: ENFJ & INFP

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram

I bet that most male F's, esp. NF's, have lots of female friends. It's not as socially acceptable for guys to have close, caring relationships with other guys, platonically, I mean. And I think that NF's crave that kind of closeness with friends as well as romantic partners.

I guess it might get tricky when they get into a romantic relationship though. We all know how close two women can get as friends, and sometimes those relationships have a romantic tinge to them (in fact, often) even though there is no sexual element. In fact there exists a concept called the "romantic friendship"....and I think a lot of ENFJ males do this with females who they are platonic friends with. At least, that's my experience with my ENFJ friend. And while the friendship is very special, it is kind of difficult because it's not something that fits into any of society's categories.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by bearette View Post
    It's not as socially acceptable for guys to have close, caring relationships with other guys, platonically, I mean.
    I think it's fine - you just have to observe protocol. Which isn't hard really.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I had a small following of female friends when I was a kid, but I kind of pushed away from that as I got older. Funny thing was I don't ever remember going through the koodies stage like other kids did.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

A question for you ENFJs: What would it take to force you to break up with a partner of many years? My ENFJ gives such diplomatic responses like "better as friends" and "the wrong chemistry", but that is way to anti-climatic to leave such a lasting impact. I'm thinking my ENFJ isn't leveling with me. And do you all make such strong efforts to remain friends with exes? That is something I just don't get at all. I find it irritating actually. Let go of the past for Christ's sake.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I read somewhere, Kroger and Thuesen maybe, that ENFJ's ___ and therefore tend to keep a lot of their former bf/gf's around as friends. I'm trying to remember what ___ was though: social harmony, seeing the good in everyone, not writing people off, seeing the good in their exes?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

If I liked you enough to date you, and get THAT close to you, I'd rather end it on a good note and avoid blood shed because I cared about you to the nth degree. Doesn't mean I want you up in my business anymore, but I don't want a land war either.

Look, speaking from personal experience, we don't let go - it's one of our good traits that gets out of whack or exploited. My white knuckled grip on your shirt is going to keep us both from going into the Styx. On the flipside, my tenacity and intense bonding can hold me in stasis, esp when I could make no sense of a disastrous end, a brutal internal tearing. I'll return to the scene of the tragedy over and over and forensically pick it over to make it give up all of it's ghosts. I also tend to have a long memory and little sense of time or present reality.

We're like ENTJs in not abiding loss or domination, and we're like INFJs in not letting a soul slip through our fingers.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

So I ended things with the ENFJ for now. He needs some space and to think a bit. We are great for each other, but I want 100% of him. I'll probably give him a call in 3 weeks or so. I hope he understands.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Ooh, so now that you have some downtime, what do ENFJ's like about us? And please no circle-jerk responses this time, ok? Enquiring INFP minds want to know...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Do you feel that grew/developed from this relationship? If so, in what ways? What do we other might-hook-up-with-ENFJ's-someday INFP's have to look forward to? Is a dual F_-dom relationship super-wubby?

INFP minds continue to inquire...

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

lol well my ENFJ liked a lot of things about me. Too many to list off the top of my head. I've never been complemented and flattered by one person in such a short period of time. The reoccurring complements I received were:

-My eyes, not their color or shape, but the way I looked at him
    -My quirkiness, he really liked the odd things I'd say and was interested in. He found me very interesting and fun.
    -My intellect, he did not shy away from admiring my intelligence, depth, and insightfullness
    -My compassion, he thought I was the nicest person ever, too nice he'd say, more understanding and caring than others would have been of his lack of closure with the ex
    -He thought I was a great listener, which is a rare rare thing in his experience
    -My thoughtfulness, just little things I'd do like bring him coffee or write him a note. I think that stuff is really what got under his skin.

He said I had a calming effect on him and that he enjoyed just being with me. He also liked that I was selective with dating and my sexuality and that it made him feel special. I think he is more into conservative types that don't sleep around. He told me over and over again I was exactly his type. I guess this is why he tried to make things work with me despite being all broken over the ex.

I think that he made me realize that I underestimate my good qualities and I benefited from our contact in that way. His enthusiasm for my potential made me feel inspired to be more proactive and chase my dreams, and pursue my interests - even when others would have not been so keen on them. The F -dom was definitely super-wubby. Lots of hugging and pecking and appreciating.

I look forward to our reunion. I think this one has potential to last a long long time.