First 15232425262735 Last

Thread: ENFJ & INFP

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    So whats the news between you and your ENFJ boy toy?

I love how this thread is thriving off enfjs and infps. I guess NT's dont really know what love is lol jk. The INTPs and ENTPs do.
    We're incredibly smitten with one another. I feel like I'm on cloud #9. He does insist that I be patient with him and that we go slow, but I'm pretty sure we're going full speed ahead lol. He's absolutely amazing. I want to have his babies

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram

Thessaly,
    I don't mean to be a downer, but I would reccommend also that you take things slowly, for your sake. Of course, your situation could be totally different from mine, but I recently had a somewhat similar experience...

Basically, an ENFJ befriended me....he too said that he was not over his ex, and only could be platonic with me. Despite that he was quite warm and friendly, invited me to spend a holiday at his home, did me favors and wanted to spend lots of time with me. We became close friends but (this is my fault) I couldn't really handle jealousy over him and possible relationships with other girls. he wound up dating another girl in the end...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I don't understand this thread at all. I must have alien Fe or something.
    I get it, but I'm still rolling my eyes. Maybe I'm bitter though, so your position is likely better.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by bearette View Post
    Thessaly,
    I don't mean to be a downer, but I would reccommend also that you take things slowly, for your sake. Of course, your situation could be totally different from mine, but I recently had a somewhat similar experience...

Basically, an ENFJ befriended me....he too said that he was not over his ex, and only could be platonic with me. Despite that he was quite warm and friendly, invited me to spend a holiday at his home, did me favors and wanted to spend lots of time with me. We became close friends but (this is my fault) I couldn't really handle jealousy over him and possible relationships with other girls. he wound up dating another girl in the end...
    Sorry to hear that :S

I've noticed my ENFJ has tons of female friends. Something I will have to get used to

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Sorry to hear that :S

I've noticed my ENFJ has tons of female friends. Something I will have to get used to

Good luck with that! I'm married 23 years and still everytime he talks to a woman I think he is going to bang her. He is very charismatic and women just flock to him. Just yesterday I called his office and heard a woman giggling. I just hung up. I don't think I'm that jealous and insecure but it just gets old after a while.:steam:

MBTI
    ENFJ

All relationships must be built on trust. And that trust ought to be built up over time, especially one-on-one time.

For me, that's what I see most in that mystical, sugary-sweet shell of an INFP.

There's an ability to be focused on so directly by an INFP (very much unlike the ENFP that flutters to and fro like a butterfly unpleased with the last dalliance) that simple drives us ENFJs wild.

We ENFJs may anchor your INFP thoughts, but in the end its the INFPs that anchor our feelings to one place: you!
    "In the end it is not a matter of reason; it is a matter of love." - St. Thomas More

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My enfj girlfriend and I have been together 3 months now; we met through a mutual friend, and within four dates we were a couple. I've never had that kind of chemistry with anyone. I'm not saying it's all because our MBTI types match up, but our personalities definitely compliment each other along those lines. Basically she (gently) reigns me back in when I start to get neurotic and provides a constant web of support for me whatever I do. It's not like she cracks the whip; it's more like she keeps me in line almost by default without making me feel strangled. I get the impression I help her chill out when she gets anxious, which happens from time to time, and give her an emotional outlet that her T parents may not have been able to. We both kind of have the artistic thing going on too, which probably helps; she likes to paint/draw/etc. and I'm a guitarist in a rock band :p.

Truth is, I don't even really understand why it works so well, but I'm mystified and totally smitten.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ENFJ_Catholic View Post
    We ENFJs may anchor your INFP thoughts, but in the end its the INFPs that anchor our feelings to one place: you!
    That sounds very sweet

INFPs often need a lot of reassurance, and if the ENFJ can provide that and make sure to clearly set them apart as special from everyone else, then I don't think jealousy will be an issue. I'm cool with dating someone who has many female friends, but I would just need to know that there is a BIG canyon sized difference between their friendship and our romantic relationship.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

It's funny how similar my interactions with my ENFJ are to this thread. Just an endless stream of complements and appreciation. There is only one thing that bothers me about him though. He cares way too much about social norms and just what people think in general. I'm going to have to influence him to digress from this inclination of his otherwise it will drive me insane.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Learning to not care about what people think of you is hard for an Fe user. I've been on the outside of popularity most of my life, and I really hated it when I was younger (though it didn't deter me from my natural course), but as I got older, the "not caring" thing blessedly began to kick in and I was mostly just bothered by the emotional ghosts of society as opposed to trying to make the A-list see me clearly. They don't care about you - so learn to return the favor. It takes time. And patience.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious