First 12202122232432 Last

Thread: ENFJ & INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Math and poetry were things I was noted for in junior high...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Math and poetry were things I was noted for in junior high...
    and me in highschool
    honors calculus for fun!
    take that, inaccurate descriptions!
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    and me in highschool
    honors calculus for fun!
    take that, inaccurate descriptions!
    I taught myself grade 11 and grade 12 advanced math...

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanthegreat View Post
    no if your avatar is you then you're hot but before it was a man hitting a volleyball and i thought it was you!
    lol! Not unless I'm Hot '80's Val Kilmer looking mighty and sweaty. In which case, yay for me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Glad to know I am not the only wreckage in here.
    *LOL*

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Chameleon View Post
    Am I standing in a fun house full of mirrors??
    Good News: You can check your look from every angle.

Bad News: There are no exits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Oh, my gosh, that is so true that I want to marry it and have little truth babies with it. It's very easy to make the mistake of collecting hobbies and skills in the hopes it will attract someone. I can admire someone's skills, but I'm going to fall for the person.
    *ahahahahahhaha*!! I want to marry and have many truth babies with a female INTP!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Who honestly believes things like INFPs must be bad at math or lack a backbone? For example, I've read a couple of INFP profiles that say that INFPs can be very good with money if they choose to apply themselves. That sort of implies we have the ability, doesn't it? INFPs are also quite well known for our so called 'brick walls'.

I think the problem isn't that we lack a skillset with logic, but that we fail to use it in the situations that most warrant it, and are then happy to lean on Fi as our sole justification. (Of course, that is the nature of being Fi dom, isn't it?) We aren't soft creatures by any means, but when we show our spines for questionable reasons, I think it does more to perpetuate the INFP stereotype than to alleviate it.

In this regard, an ENFJ and INFP can have legitimate issues when both are highly stressed and struggle to access their "T" facilities. It would take work from both partners to overcome that. However, to simply say that either type is best suited with a "T" just means you are trading that problem in and introducing a new one.

Apparently I follow the boring stereotype then.
    Sorry for the double reply, but I wanted to add that only way to become a stereotype is to willingly hold yourself back. The more you challenge yourself, the harder it becomes to categorize you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Sorry for the double reply, but I wanted to add that only way to become a stereotype is to willingly hold yourself back. The more you challenge yourself, the harder it becomes to categorize you.
    I was being a dick. I figure I have some interesting things to talk about; but finding the ones to talk about that with, while trying not be excessively inpallitable to the public is difficult. Yes I have tried, everyone around me other than my roommate recoiled in my last attempt. I need actions first to generate interest in wanting to know more, otherwise I'm wasting my breath. Wasting my breath is a waste of social energy and my reserves of that energy has yet to get bigger. There is a big difference between a real challenge and a true excercise in futility.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I was being a dick. I figure I have some interesting things to talk about; but finding the ones to talk about that with, while trying not be excessively inpallitable to the public is difficult. Yes I have tried, everyone around me other than my roommate recoiled in my last attempt. I need actions first to generate interest in wanting to know more, otherwise I'm wasting my breath. Wasting my breath is a waste of social energy and my reserves of that energy has yet to get bigger. There is a big difference between a real challenge and a true excercise in futility.
    First, if using your hobbies to get attention works for you, then do it, and do it without remorse! You just aren't seeing the results you desire because that's only 1 part of the equation.

I assure you I empathize. There's good news and bad news: The good news is that these are social skills. Social skills can be learned. You may never be Mr Socially Suave, but social skills can teach you how to aim what social energy you have in a much more effective and precise manner. They can relax you enough so that your "one-on-one" personality more closely resembles your "group" personality. The bad news is that learning these skills is difficult, and even quite stressful at times. My journey has been a long one, and I ain't even done yet!

And, I'll stop there. Sorry for the derail.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

See group = bad, I've tried talking in groups and no one hears shit. At least one on one the information has some chance of reaching the recipient.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I've never had someone appreciate me the way my hot & cold ENFJ does. I think the feeling is mutual. I swear we spend half our conversations recognizing all the good qualities we've found in one another. I think from now on I am only dating ENFJs. Every time I meet one of you I feel so inspired and special .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

What things does the INFP see in the ENFJ and vice versa? What makes this pairing really work?
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp