Thread: ENFJ & INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    I think INFP and ENFJ may work great. I always seem to open up more with INFPs than any other type and I try to encourage them and make them emotionally safe. I have known many INFPs IRL and we usually get along really well. If I am a real ENFJ, my Fe doesn't really clash with Fi but more or less tends to complement.
    That's funny, this is how I feel with my great aunt (whom I suspect is an ENFJ).
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    I'd guess that for a lot of INFP's its more an issue of feeling comfortable as opposed to being well-adjusted. I could be wrong though. I think a lot of external situations and/or people make us feel uncomfortable, as opposed to simply feeling uncomfortable on the inside.
    This is true, but I'd say that someone who has become very comfortable with themselves so as to share their inner world relatively easily is well-adjusted.

What I was basically saying is, INFPs may hold back a bit at first til we feel safe because of past experience or our general temperament makes them cautious. Every profile describes us as very sensitive (and that's all the "wound" was meant to convey, not a weakness). From reading so many other INFP posts, this sensitivity makes some of us wary of letting that inner world out too quickly with someone.

When we do share ourselves, it can be therapeutic. I also find I open up to those who open up to me, so it's therapeutic for them also. ENFJs may inspire us (and we may nspire them) to open up a little faster than usual.

More on how INFPs present a different face from what is going on internally:
    "INFPs present a calm, pleasant face to the world. They appear to be tranquil and peaceful to others, with simple desires. In fact, the INFP internally feels his or her life intensely."
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    I think INFP and ENFJ may work great. I always seem to open up more with INFPs than any other type and I try to encourage them and make them emotionally safe. I have known many INFPs IRL and we usually get along really well. If I am a real ENFJ, my Fe doesn't really clash with Fi but more or less tends to complement.
    Why do you think that you open up more with INFPs?

MBTI
    ENFJ

I open up more with INFP's because I believe that tend to receive my thoughts openly as they do with all others, the difference is I believe they can reciprocate and relate better due to their NF core. I have an INFP friend and we can go on babbling about nothing and everything at the same time. It's awesome! I enjoy INFP's I recently met my friend INFP female and I enjoy her as well! We share a lot of the same point of views. We spoke the other day about drinking alcohol and getting drunk. we both viewed it as pointless, and a waste of money. She said, The next morning you wake up feeling terrible and all you really can say is: I payed for this? I agreed with her so much within myself it was amazing. I just really feel that the core of an INFP is much like an ENFJ only less expressed due to their introverted nature.

Point being made: I open up to INFP's because I feel like we are a lot the same and they can agree with what I think and vice versa.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Why do you think that you open up more with INFPs?
    They give off a soft, genuine vibe and feel like I can usually accurately pick up on their emotions and vice versa (IRL). I also really enjoy the INFP quirky side.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

My ENFJ told me today that he wants to take things slow and that he just got out of relationship. Well then what's with all the crazy excitement over me??? I hate when guys get me all riled up and then deliver me crap news like that. I knew he was too good to be true. I am so rebound girl .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

ENFJ's make everyone feel like they are the most interesting person ever and the center of the universe. However, as other ENFJ posters have said, if he was open with you, that's worth a lot. ENFJ's tend to hold on to former partners, so if nothing else you'd probably have the occasional ENFJ company. Fwiw, I'd say take it slow and see where things go. ENFJ's have deep feelings, but they aren't as good at processing and getting over things as we are. Well, they move on better, but they don't process as thoroughly or completely, meaning they are more likely to have baggage that still needs dealing with. You could volunteer to help them sort through their feelings faster, since we excel at that, and then they might be ready to move on sooner and get with you. Win win right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    My ENFJ told me today that he wants to take things slow and that he just got out of relationship. Well then what's with all the crazy excitement over me??? I hate when guys get me all riled up and then deliver me crap news like that. I knew he was too good to be true. I am so rebound girl .
    Awww....that's a bummer. Fickle ENFJs! :steam:
    Well, I'd say let him take it slow, keep your options open, and temper any growing obsession

Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFJ

Be patient and take everything his says with a grain of salt. Leave your heart at home when you deal with him. TAKE IT SLOWWWWW <333

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Thanks for the support guys. I am seeing him again in a couple days and we'll see what happens then. I guess I understand him not advertising the recent break up immediately to me, but I'm not sure what to think of his attitude. One minute he's this ball of enthusiasm wanting to know everything about me and then next he's withdrawing on me and apparently all broken. Wtf? Maybe he didn't expect me to start liking him so much so quick. I'll try to resist stronger feelings, but I have always been led around like a doggy on a leash by my heart.