User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Thread: ENFJ & INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I've found INFPs and ENFJs do go well together. It's a very balanced relationship, where the primary functions of E/I compliment each other. If you look at the primary functions, the ENFJ is: Fe/Ni/Se/Ti and the INFP is Fi/Ne/Si/Te. I think they see themselves and who they would like to be in each other, and that strengthens them both when they're together.

ENFJs are the only type I've ever known who seem to naturally get me and accept me as I am, even encouraging me to do what others would see as odd or dreamy. And I find ENFJs inspiring and refreshing. The only friend I've remained in contact with since high school is an ENFJ.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by SurlyAdam View Post
    I've found INFPs and ENFJs do go well together. It's a very balanced relationship, where the primary functions of E/I compliment each other. If you look at the primary functions, the ENFJ is: Fe/Ni/Se/Ti and the INFP is Fi/Ne/Si/Te. I think they see themselves and who they would like to be in each other, and that strengthens them both when they're together.

ENFJs are the only type I've ever known who seem to naturally get me and accept me as I am, even encouraging me to do what others would see as odd or dreamy. And I find ENFJs inspiring and refreshing. The only friend I've remained in contact with since high school is an ENFJ.
    Yes.

I cannot believe my ears when he encourages my nutty side.

MBTI
    INFP

I shouldn't have read this thread. Now I'm craving an ENFJ... to come and sweep me off my feet..

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I'm so unfamiliar with INFP women. What is the best indication of the type? Per ongoing thread, it almost feels wrong not going out in search of one.
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by souffle View Post
    I shouldn't have read this thread. Now I'm craving an ENFJ... to come and sweep me off my feet..
    This thread is making me want to go out and find an INFP girl....

I think this kind of relationship would be really good for people that are young. Keirsey says that ENFJ-INTP is where it's at but that's definitely a relationship that works only if both are mature. I find that INTP girls have a lot of angst about they are and how they're perceived and simply don't feel attractive. I would think that this would result in both sides duking it out with their main contenders and leaving both with a very negative perception of their own inferior functions. ENFJ-INFP is definitely the ticket for right now.

It's good to hear that you relationship, whatever it may end up being, is working well for you since the OP, OP. I know that I always fear being so overbearing with my Fe and scaring the pretty butterflies away.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    This thread is making me want to go out and find an INFP girl....

I think this kind of relationship would be really good for people that are young. Keirsey says that ENFJ-INTP is where it's at but that's definitely a relationship that works only if both are mature. I find that INTP girls have a lot of angst about they are and how they're perceived and simply don't feel attractive. I would think that this would result in both sides duking it out with their main contenders and leaving both with a very negative perception of their own inferior functions. ENFJ-INFP is definitely the ticket for right now.

It's good to hear that you relationship, whatever it may end up being, is working well for you since the OP, OP. I know that I always fear being so overbearing with my Fe and scaring the pretty butterflies away.
    Its contagious, I am telling you! LOL So INFP seems to be the flavor of the month around here it seems.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Its contagious, I am telling you! LOL So INFP seems to be the flavor of the month around here it seems.
    Good luck finding us!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

I have to stop reading this thread, I'm going to drive myself crazy.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh, I remember reading on some forum, probably this one, perhaps the biggest challenge that the INFP-ENFJ pairing faces is that they are each strongest where the other is weakest. Which is great at first, but wears on you over time, supposedly. INFP's have an EXTREMELY well developed sense of self, and know who they are and generally don't let others push them out of that. BUT, they are not really so good in groups, and generally aren't good at being "social leaders." We tend to like to stay in the back and observe or daydream, or to deal with people one-on-one in depth. ENFJ's do EXTREMELY well as group/social leaders, "see" the needs of others, and can respond appropriately to people and situations. But they don't necessarily know who they are outside of others expectations, and so can blow around in the wind of others and other people needs or desires. Put succinctly, INFP know who they are while generally leaving others alone, while ENFJ's are amazing at being everything to everybody until they realize that they don't necessarily know who they are themselves.

At least, that's my attempt to describe what I remember reading.

Thoughts???

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE

I would say that this is fairly accurate, especially for younger people of each type. I think being in a constant state of flux and continuously testing the values you have taken on as an ENFJ is part of who we are.

I think people also mix up when an ENFJ accepts someones values with actually infusing ourselves with them. We have our own values but we don't always want to project them on other people if we know it will cause trauma.
    "That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."